Opinion: Pun Takeover and Saga-fication of Threads Should be Ban-Worthy

1 pun is funny, 35 ■■■■■■■ posts of the same ■■■■ is not.

I reckon the original punner, and 1 responder.

3rd man in should be punished.

What if the 3rd man in is really slow at typing? Or hit post a split second late. Easier to just ban 'em all

So you’re saying the third man up should be banned?

And the logic for that is that the first two need to be maintained?

And the logic for that is that the first two need to be maintained?

It’s important to preserve the aspirations of wittiness.
So that posters of all wittiness are able to participate in this great forum of ours.
Otherwise, this great forum of ours may lose the traditional skills of the great witty person.

What if the 3rd man in is really slow at typing? Or hit post a split second late. Easier to just ban 'em all

photo hqdefault.jpg

I’m definitely for mods putting a stop to the puns. Definitely. Any more than 1 or 2 just gets ridiculous and they’re not even funny to begin with.

Saga-fication is a bit harder IMO when things like the Hird thread happen or Heppell posts a photo with Evans. Sometimes you just can’t help it. It’s fair to tell people to fk off to the Saga thread when enough is enough though as I know some people are truly over it (I’m getting there but 5% of me is still a saga tragic).

But the puns just have to stop. We don’t need a Voldemort “don’t even say once” system but the endless strings are unbearable.

Thank you, @Deckham. I assume you’re alluding to me.

■■■■■■ thing is already driving me mental with the Saga-fication (some of those guys are seriously disturbed) and the Essington cowboys.

Well on the first one, it’s in a separate forum so don’t go in there, nothing can be gained from it. I refuse to go in there now, it can’t be good for anyone to still be debating it.

Re: essington. When we stop doing puns, I’ll stop posting about essington. At least one (sadly) relates to footy

1 Like