Opinion: Pun Takeover and Saga-fication of Threads Should be Ban-Worthy

What the daffodil?

Nice to see you rose to the occasion.

*I’ll let myself out

Ok alternative opinion:

We allow any and all saga talk in all threads, but we just rename the saga (via a browser add on or similar) to something more fun.

So instead of the supplements scandal being known as ‘The Saga’, it can be known as ‘Happy Chocolate Pancakes’.

Arguments in support of this proposal:*

1. Who doesn’t like pancakes?
  2. Who wouldn’t prefer to read about happy chocolate pancakes rather than the saga? That’s right, nobody.
  3. This suggestion would give all saga talk a new meaning. For instance:

“I think that that prick David Evans is totally responsible for Happy Chocolate Pancakes”

“Sometimes I get so worked up about the Happy Chocolate Pancakes that I just can’t handle it anymore”

“It is imperative that the government establish an urgent inquiry into Happy Chocolate Pancakes”

“Josh Green is just getting settled into his new club and doesn’t want to be distracted by Happy Chocolate Pancakes”

… and so on.

• this may or may not be a fully formed proposal

I have to say - this suggestion is in good taste

Someone should start a petition for a senate inquiry into pun threads.
I’m not convinced that all of the victims support that.
I’m not convinced that all of the victuals support that.

Now now Dave. It’s not punny anymore.

What the daffodil?

*I’ll let myself out

I’m a late bloomer.

*sorry!

What the daffodil?

*I’ll let myself out

Ban the witch!

Beautiful.

They don’t need to support it.
They are being muzzled…

I’m not sure this is something that requires pun-ishment.

Yep sounds a bit too…

ahem

punitive

What would Brant Cartledgeedge do?

I like puns I even started a thread, unfortunately though, it's now rendered dead.

I like the puns as well. I don’t have the wit to make them, but laugh at reading them, and there is enough serious stuff going around for us all to need a laugh.

Maybe move the James Hird health issues thread to the saga forum?

And I’m yes to both

Puns threads are like shooting stars, they burn bright and fast before petaling out.

What is this the fun police? Its just a bit of off-season boredom, when there is actually something to talk about, it will slow down. And player threads are pretty light on for info generally, there will eventually be so many other footy related discussions going on.

Saga take over is similar. Most people will get called out by other posters and then move on. Mods already do a good job of warning people when they get out of hand.

Neither should be ban worthy, current rules about individuals doing repetative posting I think are more than sufficient.

Can a ban be for just 2 hours or something? Some people might even go outside

Can a ban be for just 2 hours or something? Some people might even go outside

Most will just keep hitting F5 for 2 hours.

Definitely yes on the saga stuff. It's just same old cyclical arguments by the same people isn't it? Make them keep it to their own thread so everyone else can move on. The puns become tedious but it's just part of the blitz charm.

Nope.
The Daniher thread had been rendered completely pointless.
If that’s happened to another thread through saga stuff then feel free to say which one.
Unless you’re of the ridiculous opinion that James Hird has nothing to do with the saga.

I was going to say “keep your hair on, wim”, but on second thoughts, I won’t.

I got banned for saying “boys boys boys” when that was a thing, so you could imagine the chip on my shoulder

Theyre fine here or there but seeing them in every second thread is too much. Instead of a caption competition do a pun compeition of the week or some ■■■■ so at least those who cant help themselves have some ‘creative outlet’

Hopefully once the season starts it will dry up a bit