Options for picks 20 and 29 (before Academy shenanigans)

Can people fill me in on Ben Long? So he mustn't be Michael Long's son? Or did we just fark up and not nominate him? Would be a shame to see another club rate him higher and then see him excel at another club. Seeing Cyril become one of the greats at Hawthorn hurts. But then you have the Anthony Long scenario where we could have picked him later. Note - I fully understand the logic with the Cyril and Anthony selections but it just sucks seeing such a famous Essendon name excel with another club and not us.

I still remember the video of Rioli when he was 10 or so, and how Sheeds promised to draft him. Then we could have taken him but chose Myers instead. Even at the time it just felt wrong, and hindsight and time have not helped.

Don’t worry. I am sure Cyril has been thanking his lucky stars we did not draft him.

deleted

Florent Simpkin Venables Berry Marshall

Surely one of these guys will slip to our pick 20. From what I’ve read Willem Drew sounds like he’s be a good choice for 29.

Florent linked with Sydney

Marshall no one

Bulldogs like Sympkin

North Vebeables or drew

Thinking Marshall most likely

Marshall will go at Brisbane pick 16 if he goes that late. development for years with schache and ainsworth.

I really think Marshall will slide to pick 20.

Surely one of these guys will slip to our pick 20. From what I’ve read Willem Drew sounds like he’s be a good choice for 29.

Drew’s profile does look quite good! Was reading about him in the inside footy mag that’s just been released.

Can’t kick, and slow… I’m less than convinced personally.

I’m guessing, if that Hayward & Bolton get taken in the top 20, and if no surprises occur within the remaining top 20 selections, i then think we might see Alex Witherden be the one who slides to pick 20.

Would he be a good get?

Drew’s profile does look quite good! Was reading about him in the inside footy mag that’s just been released.

Can’t kick, and slow… I’m less than convinced personally.

Can’t say I’ve seen any vision personally. I suppose anyone can sound good with well written words.

I like the sound of Long but 20/29 might be a bit high. Be very happy with him at 41.

Dogs will take at 26 because they are thinking we would take him at 29.

Fwiw I would take Ben before I would take Powell-Pepper.

I would take Battle before Marshall, in s heart beat and the best thing is, he really wants to come to Essendon.

I would take Battle before Marshall, in s heart beat and the best thing is, he really wants to come to Essendon.

With our crop of talls he would battle to get a game.

I like the sound of Long but 20/29 might be a bit high. Be very happy with him at 41.

Man I’d suck at recruiting.
I’d take Long simply because I’d like to have two Longs in the team.

And Marshall is a good leader?

Battle will be a 30+ selection and has a difficult challenge making it an AFL level. He can work over TAC players, but lacks the necessary physical attributes such as speed and agility to do it an AFL level.

Whilst Marshall’s end of season wasn’t great, he is a much better prospect. He has all the tools to become a damaging kpf. I doubt he’d slip to 20, but if he does, he is a no-brainer at that selection. He is the best key position fwd prospect in the draft pool by a country mile. Of course we should take him at 20 if the improbability materialises.

Ben Long over Powell-Pepper is a no brainer.

Can people fill me in on Ben Long? So he mustn't be Michael Long's son? Or did we just fark up and not nominate him? Would be a shame to see another club rate him higher and then see him excel at another club. Seeing Cyril become one of the greats at Hawthorn hurts. But then you have the Anthony Long scenario where we could have picked him later. Note - I fully understand the logic with the Cyril and Anthony selections but it just sucks seeing such a famous Essendon name excel with another club and not us.

Here is what you need to know, he has my first name and Michaels last name.

Here is what you need to know, he has my first name and Michaels last name.
Thank deity for that. We had enough debate over how to pronounce Gach; imagine if Blitz had to work out how to pronounce Fti.

Anyone have any thoughts on either Berry, Atley or Ridley at either of these picks? Can’t say I’ve seen much of their games but profiles read well.

Anyone have any thoughts on either Berry, Atley or Ridley at either of these picks? Can't say I've seen much of their games but profiles read well.

I like Atley.

Anyone have any thoughts on either Berry, Atley or Ridley at either of these picks? Can't say I've seen much of their games but profiles read well.
Atley is a horrid kick but a hard worker on the inside and loves to tackle
Atley is a horrid kick but a hard worker on the inside and loves to tackle

Might be a faster version of Ashby, haha