Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Lets get the ball rolling again with this, inb4 EPL thread takes over the sports bar!

Forest kicked of the season with a home win over Huddersfield via ex-arsenal junior Henri Lansbury's goal  We then had a 3-1 victory in the Carling Cup match mid-week. So a decent start.  

In a few hours we take the field against Blackburn at Ewood Park. ¬†apparently we haven't won there since 1999, which is no surprise since we've been ‚Ė†‚Ė†‚Ė†‚Ė† for at least a decade. ¬†

We've also just announced Kelvin Wilson returning to the club from Celtic, which is very interesting given Celtic can offer European football.  Wilson is now a far better player than when we sold him a couple of years back, his main claim to fame being an exceptional job on Messi.

From a distance, i still doubt Forest have the goal scoring quality to seriously push into the PM. But the transfer window is still open, we need to hopefully unearth a striker.  

Very interesting re Wilson. 

Leeds have the Sunday Sky game this week so will get a rare chance to watch the lads, will be knackered monday morning though.

Forest win 1-0, scoring in the 2nd minute of stoppage time!

Watford and Blackpool also 2 from.2, plenty still to play their 2nd rounds.

Results from around the Championship this weekend. No real surprises.
Leicester City 0-0 Leeds United
Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Nottingham Forest
Blackpool 1-0 Barnsley
Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Reading
Brighton and Hove Albion 1-2 Derby County
Charlton Athletic 0-1 Middlesbrough
Huddersfield Town 1-1 QPR
Ipswich Town 3-0 Millwall
Sheffield Wed 1-2 Burnley
Watford 6-1 AFC Bournemouth
Yeovil Town 0-1 Birmingham City

Has anyone posted the hilarious, promotion-costing Leicester quadruple brainfart from last year’s playoffs? Fair catastrophe

Results from around the Championship this weekend. No real surprises.
Leicester City 0-0 Leeds United
Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Nottingham Forest
Blackpool 1-0 Barnsley
Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Reading
Brighton and Hove Albion 1-2 Derby County
Charlton Athletic 0-1 Middlesbrough
Huddersfield Town 1-1 QPR
Ipswich Town 3-0 Millwall
Sheffield Wed 1-2 Burnley
Watford 6-1 AFC Bournemouth
Yeovil Town 0-1 Birmingham City

No surprises?
Ipswich won. And scored three. I'm surprised.

Millwall will be relegated so didn't struck me as too surprising to be honest haha

On that note, tips for promotion and relegation this season? 

For mine, 

Going Up- Watford, QPR, Leeds

Going Down- Millwall, Yeovil and Bournemouth 

Leeds draw 1 all with Wednesday at Elland Road. Good point for Wednesday, great goal from McCormack to equalise for us. Take the point and move on. 

Carnage at the City Ground! Bang! Forest 3, Bolton zip. Lansbury on the scoresheet again. Watford drew so we’re temporarily on top. Someone blow the season siren! Lol

Just have to hold on for another 39 games Sal!

Quietly confident. Not.

Goaaaaal

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x139bb0_follow-weareleedsmot3-rossmccormack44-goal-lufc-v-swfc-improved-quality_sport

Would love to see Yeovil Town stay up, I'd imagine it'd be considered a huge achievement for them to do so and I don't think they've ever been this high in the football pyramid. Interesting history of many Cup scalps before they became a full league member around a decade ago.

Two games to go this weekend, some massive scores last night, Blackburn and Huddersfield both put 5 past their opponents. Most importantly Leeds get our first win at Ipswich for 12 years! Still undefeated. 

Forest put one past Watford early. 1-0 up at half.

1-1 in the end. Lansbury and miller both hit the woodwork for forest, nearly got the win away from home.

Draw for that other cup competition last night...

Manchester United v Liverpool 

Sunderland v Peterborough United
West Ham United v Cardiff City
Manchester City v Wigan Athletic
Burnley v Nottingham Forest
Newcastle United v Leeds United
Southampton v Bristol City
West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal
Swindon Town v Chelsea
Tranmere Rovers v Stoke City
Watford v Norwich City
Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur
Hull City v Huddersfield Town
Leicester City v Derby County
Birmingham City v Swansea City
Fulham v Everton

All Round 3 ties are scheduled to be played week commencing 23rd September 2013.

Does anyone follow a side from league one? Unfortunately (at the moment) my team the wolves are down there after a double relegation… Going ok after 4, with 10 points - hoping they can go straight up as we’re a proud and fairly wealthy club.