Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Blown so far out of proportion it’s ridiculous. Don’t have an opinion either way but can’t see it happening.

Interestingly, the following is the formline of the top 8 sides since the New Year who have all played 9 games. Bournemouth are on a real bad run going down again to Notts on Wednesday.

Norwich W7 D1 L1 Pts 22
Derby W6 D2 L1 Pts 20
Middlesboro W6 D2 L1 Pts 20
Watford W6 D0 L3 Pts 18
Brentford W6 D0 L3 Pts 18
Wolves W5 D2 L2 Pts 17
Ipswich W4 D1 L4 Pts 13
Bournemouth W3 D2 L4 Pts 11

Another round of weekend games coming up with midweek games to follow which is always interesting.

Some of the games this weekend include:

Ipswich at Norwich
Watford at Leeds
Derby at Fulham
Bournemouth at Blackburn
Brentford at the Blues
Wolves at Cardiff
Notts at Reading
Middlesbrough at Sheffield Wed.

The ladder as it stands (with Pts)

Derby County 65
Middlesbrough 63
Ipswich Town 60
Bournemouth 59
Norwich City 59
Watford 59
Brentford 58
Wolverhampton 54
Nottm Forest 47
Blackburn 44
Sheffield Wed 43
Huddersfield42
Cardiff City 41
Leeds Utd 41
Reading 40
Charlton 39
Birmingham City 39
Brighton & Hove 37
Bolton 37
Fulham 36
Rotherham 34
Millwall 31
Wigan Athletic 25
Blackpool 22

Got a question… are there many blitzers who following any or promotion chasing sides in the Championship? It is an incredibly high scoring and exciting season for mine and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I asked about Setanta recently but beIn appear to be covering the league - am I right in assuming subscribing to them will get you one game a round and then a 1/2 hour highlights package?? Am considering getting the package (obviously there are other great advantages to having it) but am wondering if thats all the Championship get?

Getting very tight at the top now. Only 8 points separating the top 8 sides and one game separating sides 2 to 6.

Big weekend of results with Derby, Middlesbrough, Ipswich & Brentford all losing. Bournemouth only managed a draw against Blackburn.

Watford escaped big time after being 2 nil down to win against Leeds. A quick follow up with games tomorrow night - loving the 5 games in 15 days! All the games for the top sides are winnable, however many lower sides are taking big scalps. Only one real contest of note - Wolves (12 points from their last 5) at Bournemouth (3 points in their last 5).

(Played, Goal Diff, Points)
Derby County 34 +31 65
Middlesbrough 34 +26 63
Norwich City 34 +29 62
Watford 34 +27 62
Bournemouth 34 +30 60
Ipswich Town 34 +18 60
Brentford 34 +9 58
Wolverhampton 34 +7 57
Nottm Forest 34 +8 50
Sheffield Wed 34 -2 46
Blackburn 34 -1 45
Charlton 34 -6 42
Birmingham City 34 -11 42
Huddersfield 34 -12 42
Cardiff City 34 -6 41
Leeds Utd 34 -9 41
Bolton 34 -11 40
Reading 34 -16 40
Fulham 34 -12 39
Brighton & Hove 34 -5 37
Rotherham 34 -16 37
Millwall 34 -23 31
Wigan Athletic 34 -16 28
Blackpool 34 -39 22

Quoted Post

Got a question.... are there many blitzers who following any or promotion chasing sides in the Championship? It is an incredibly high scoring and exciting season for mine and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I asked about Setanta recently but beIn appear to be covering the league - am I right in assuming subscribing to them will get you one game a round and then a 1/2 hour highlights package?? Am considering getting the package (obviously there are other great advantages to having it) but am wondering if thats all the Championship get?

Getting very tight at the top now. Only 8 points separating the top 8 sides and one game separating sides 2 to 6.

Big weekend of results with Derby, Middlesbrough, Ipswich & Brentford all losing. Bournemouth only managed a draw against Blackburn.

Watford escaped big time after being 2 nil down to win against Leeds. A quick follow up with games tomorrow night - loving the 5 games in 15 days! All the games for the top sides are winnable, however many lower sides are taking big scalps. Only one real contest of note - Wolves (12 points from their last 5) at Bournemouth (3 points in their last 5).

(Played, Goal Diff, Points)
Derby County 34 +31 65
Middlesbrough 34 +26 63
Norwich City 34 +29 62
Watford 34 +27 62
Bournemouth 34 +30 60
Ipswich Town 34 +18 60
Brentford 34 +9 58
Wolverhampton 34 +7 57
Nottm Forest 34 +8 50
Sheffield Wed 34 -2 46
Blackburn 34 -1 45
Charlton 34 -6 42
Birmingham City 34 -11 42
Huddersfield 34 -12 42
Cardiff City 34 -6 41
Leeds Utd 34 -9 41
Bolton 34 -11 40
Reading 34 -16 40
Fulham 34 -12 39
Brighton & Hove 34 -5 37
Rotherham 34 -16 37
Millwall 34 -23 31
Wigan Athletic 34 -16 28
Blackpool 34 -39 22

Definately follow it closely.
Setanta Australia was sold to BeIn sports so you can only get BeIn now, well worth the cost IMO.
Usually more than 1 live Championship game per week, there is two this weekend definately. I subscribe for the Serie A mainly as they offer great coverage of it but also has good coverage of the Bundesliga and SPL. Also has the rights for the Europa and a few other cup comps aswell as England Internationals and Euro qualies. If you love soccer its well worth it

What aceman said. Bit pricey for one channel but I get use out of it every week.

You’ll definitely want to get it for the play offs in May, not just championship they show all league 1 and 2 playoffs live as well.

Quoted Post

What aceman said. Bit pricey for one channel but I get use out of it every week.

You’ll definitely want to get it for the play offs in May, not just championship they show all league 1 and 2 playoffs live as well.

$20 a month is pretty good value, probably watch 4 or 5 games a week minimum and BeIn connect is the same as Foxtel Go so I can watch games at work on my laptop.
Forgot all play offs were live, they are some of the best games every season

Huge 6 days coming up for Forest. Naturally, sacking the manager has resulted in an upsurge in form (wtf is with that? soccer seems unusually prone to sack-coach-start-winning events) and it’s rolling again, climbing back into ninth. A Tuesday night trip to the Valley to take on Charlton won’t be easy. A win will put a break on the chasing pack. And then Saturday we host Middlesborough. The slim chances of making the six probably hinge on winning both.

and for Benny, i follow it reasonably closely but only in the context of Forest. I don’t go looking for highlights and news of other sides as a general rule. i don’t have time.

Boro follower - couldn’t say fan exactly…

When I was in England in 1978, Forest were on their unbeaten year, and I went to the City Ground. Boring game but.

Always liked Brian Clough’s teams. I’m not a fan of the “big clubs”, although Spurs are on the borderline. Spurs played easily the most attractive soccer I saw, beating Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge. Ardiles and Hoddle were both playing.

Noons doesn’t want to admit his “troubled” past leading one of WALL’s roughest firms. 0-3 to Boro overnight, now we’re top of the league. Come on Boro!!

Derby go down again to Brighton… you just cannot predict this league. Wolves lose to Bournemouth who hadn’t won in 5 starts.

Apart from Norwich who have the form and the squad and like most likely, I really can’t pick the other automatic promotion standout.

Quoted Post

Noons doesn't want to admit his "troubled" past leading one of WALL's roughest firms. 0-3 to Boro overnight, now we're top of the league. Come on Boro!!
Tongue my nuts, buddy! The only attachment I have to Millwall is tittering somewhat the day I reached England in 1978, when Millwall fans celebrated a result against West Ham (don't recall if they won or lost) by throwing a Hammers fan under a Tube train.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Noons doesn't want to admit his "troubled" past leading one of WALL's roughest firms. 0-3 to Boro overnight, now we're top of the league. Come on Boro!!
Let ‘em come, Let ‘em come, Let ‘em come LET 'EM ALL COME DOWN TO THE DEN

Stal’s never forgiven your firm killing his nonna like that.

Dropped the Charlton game, that hurts. Freeman was using the three day break as an excuse but it doesnt change the reality - finals hang on a knife edge. Cant see us beating Boro tonight, tbh. But we need to.

Two on the bounce for the mighty Whites. Been very good in 2015.

Quoted Post

Two on the bounce for the mighty Whites. Been very good in 2015.

To be right in the relegation mix at the new year and to be where we are now is amazing.

Be a miracle if we hold onto Mowatt, scored again overnight.

Headscratcher. Go down to charlton, massive win over Boro. 6 wins and a draw from last 8. Still alive. Just.