Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Yep, hence their soccer team is nicknamed the Spireites

Huge fall from them. Not long ago they were in the playoffs to go up to the championship. Now down in the national league and in real trouble of getting relegated again

1 Like

Keep an eye on Rochdale, went there a few times many years ago.

I love Non League football too, lets face it the Prem is barely a competition these days and more a show pony parade even though I still follow it. I’m really only into the non league stuff as a neutral but it reminds me more what English football was like over 30 years ago when I first got into it. It’s also a much more intriguing season

1 Like

that’s why i have gotten into the championship, leagues 1, 2 and the conference much more in the last couple years, it’s so much more unpredictable and open. I really dont think the premier league is as competitive as they make it out to be. After liverpool inevitably win it this year, you wont see any other new champion, Leicester was a miracle and wont happen again for any of those smaller club

1 Like

See you soon guys

2 Likes

The championship is very exciting and unpredictable, you should follow it more, I regret ignoring it for many years

Yep, definitely find myself watching more Championship than Premier League the last few years.

I don’t know what it is about the Premier League but it’s gradually become not as enjoyable to watch as it used to, i think its the proliferation of Social media, sugar daddy owners etc it’s ruined it abit.

1 Like

Might enjoy the first season especially after so many years in the wilderness but then you realise it’s a gigantic sh-t show with no hope unless you have sugar daddy owners.

1 Like

Everyone ■■■■■■■■ on the premier league hasn’t suffered for 30 years without winning. It’s a bit like saying you only follow the VFL because Essendon is struggling and Richmond, Collingwood and West Coast are doing too well.

1 Like

Ah thought so
Many years ago when I was living in the UK I used to catch the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Nottingham to watch my Forest play
The Brit Rail ticket inspector used to come thru the train around Chesterfield which was my cue to go hide in the toilet to scam a free train ride

1 Like

Too much info out there. Was more entertaining when you’d get an international signing and all you’d know about them was they’d knocked in 35 in the Greek 3rd division and SBS would play 40 seconds of highlights of them.

You’d legit have no idea if they were a gun or terrible.

2 Likes

But those Millwall games you gunna get Stal

1 Like

Did they ■■■■ the club finances?

Going to kick off between Noonan and I during the week of the games for sure

2 Likes

Leicester has a lot to answer for, we’re all filled with false hope!!

1 Like

Noonan is basically Tommy Hatcher.

2 Likes

Well they’re proof (wolves aswell) IF youre extremely well run but also very well resourced by your owners, Leicester are building a 100 million pound training facility atm, that is extraordinary.

Eats me up inside perennial Championship clubs over the last 25+ years like Wolves and Leicester are solidying themselves as European challengers while West Ham who have spent the most time in the Premier League outside of the big 6 clubs, big supporter base yet stuck with cheap owners who cut costs and have no vision, just doing as little as possible to survivive season to season in the Premier League.

Owners
Owners
Owners

3 Likes

Essendon is truly the Man U of the afl. Cashed up and middle of the road rubbish.

1 Like

I would say we’re more like arsenal, the similarities are frightening

hugely successful in the 80s and 90s

both clubs were almost unbeatable at their peak (2000 and 2004) but were unable to have a dynasty, overtaken by a new force (brisbane and chelsea) and eventually have fallen away into mid table mediocrity, miles off competing

both had 20+ year coaches, the most successful in their history, struggled towards the end and haven’t properly been replaced

top class facilities with loads of money, no financial issues

lack of leadership and a soft centre, crumble in big games

start every season with heaps of optimism but inevitably turns to ■■■■

both clubs have some of the most delusional and nuffie supporters in their respective comps

im sure there are heaps more…

4 Likes