Our coach: James Hird

We'll never move forward from this saga while he remains head coach. There is just too much negativity around the club weighing us down. Every news article about us is depressing, and i just dont rate him 1 bit as a coach. At selection and tactically he has been very poor this year, dont suger coat it because he's been terrible.

We need a fresh start, the whole club does. We are the laughing stock of the competition because we refuse to even review whats going on.

Can you provide examples of where he has been tactically inept?

Not playing a recogised ruckman against the best ruckman in the game, who had the best game ive seen out of a ruckman in probably the last decade is a good start.

the use of the sub most weeks and that our sub hardly ever has a impact

Refusing to man up the spare man in defence most weeks

using ambrose as a second ruckman

gifting games to certain blokes who seem untouchable

Playing carlisle in the forward line. Then in the ruck. Then defense. Good way to ruin him

Steinburg on crameri

our general ball movement, especially into the 50.

Have we got an extra man at the contest because it’s an acknowledgment of our midfield deficiencies?

I wasn’t particularly impressed with Giles on the weekend but understand the sentiment to play him on Goldstein. Were they worried about being too slow hence the omission?

Not sure about the subs - i haven’t watched enough games of other teams to make a comparison of the impact of subs.

Obviously no one is happy. …most of us very angry. But i think there is so much going on to at least partially explain the form collapse that a change of coach shouldn’t be the first option.

I’m happy to see the likes of melksham play if it to give them a final opportunity to show something…something consistent to make considered judgement on them end of year.

This is not the Hird bashing thread! FFS!

Actually anyone can say what they like on this thread, as far as my reason for starting it. Just thought a neutral title to house it all was a step forward from the last one.

Care to point me in the direction of the “raise concerns about and rationally discuss Hird as coach” thread?

Okay, so I’m a little sensitive to all the bashing. Excuse me while I go and HTFU.

I reckon it’s worthwhile pointing out that this week we did play Giles, he beat his man, and we got thumped worse around the stoppages than we did v North. I reckon Smack will come straight back in.

Also the slow ball movement this week, but not the last 3 weeks, shows how much the coaching has to do with it. Do people really think that’s a directive to slow up & go sideways?

Can we merge all the Hird winge threads together please?

I dont mind melksham playing, but for him to be walk up starting 18 is really bad. Surely he should have been made to earn his place. I dont think anyone understands how he walks in, edwards walks out and ambrose continues to walk around doing nothing. That alone is truly mind boggling

Re goldstein and giles - all we needed was someone to compete at the stoppages. Goldy still spanked mckernan around the ground but it was at stoppages where we were absolutely killed. It was a poor decision. I dont get that giles was brought in for the dogs game, its the game that probably suits him the least. We were told mckernan had a groin, was banged up and having the week off. Yet he played vfl? Unfknbelievable. He would have been more suited to campbell i would of thought. But i didnt think giles was too bad anyway. He was serviceable

The melksham and ambrose selections are for me the most questionable. But having said that i don’t watch the game live so don’t know what they are doing off the ball.

I reckon it's worthwhile pointing out that this week we did play Giles, he beat his man, and we got thumped worse around the stoppages than we did v North. I reckon Smack will come straight back in.

Also the slow ball movement this week, but not the last 3 weeks, shows how much the coaching has to do with it. Do people really think that’s a directive to slow up & go sideways?

Giles beat his man…albeit was probably VFL Standard rucks.
leave giles in and play mckernan up forward, where he can score a goal and chopout in the ruck. Drop Ambrose.

Bring Hurley back and drop stein, will have a stronger defence.

Midfield need to work harder on winning clearances, without the ruckman being solely responsible. If we have to chuck Hocking/Myers in there to assist so be it.

I dont mind losing the clearances if we are fast tracking the development of O’Brien/Zerrett/Heppell.

This year has a line in it as far as im concerned

Given we generally Have Watson/Hocking/Myers in the centre it is understandable that the guys benefiting from them winning the clearance have struggled - Cooney/Zaharakis & Stanton to some extent earlier in the year.

I have no idea which thread I’m in anymore. It’s like walking around an MC Escher or through the Wonka factory.

We'll never move forward from this saga while he remains head coach. There is just too much negativity around the club weighing us down. Every news article about us is depressing, and i just dont rate him 1 bit as a coach. At selection and tactically he has been very poor this year, dont suger coat it because he's been terrible.

We need a fresh start, the whole club does. We are the laughing stock of the competition because we refuse to even review whats going on.

So another coach will make the saga go away? Fantastic! Oh… hang on, how come it didn’t go away when Bomber was there?

So another coach will make the saga go away? Fantastic! Oh… hang on, how come it didn’t go away when Bomber was there?

because pingers

It would be funny if they weren't all so convinced they were right and that huffing & puffing and being the big tough guy has an actual real effect.

Just about the single dumbest thing we could do right now would be to sack Hird, get someone else in, and then have the SAGA affect a year or more of a new era. There’s not going to be a clean slate with the CAS appeal still going. Deal with it.

If you want a clean slate, wait for it to finish, and then sack him.
If you want to back him, wait for it to finish, and let him have a run at it.
If you really want to turn 3 years of ■■■■ into 6, push for Hird to get sacked and have to interview candidates with the figurative grand piano hanging on a string above them and a list short on young talent.

It would be funny if they weren't all so convinced they were right and that huffing & puffing and being the big tough guy has an actual real effect.

Just about the single dumbest thing we could do right now would be to sack Hird, get someone else in, and then have the SAGA affect a year or more of a new era. There’s not going to be a clean slate with the CAS appeal still going. Deal with it.

If you want a clean slate, wait for it to finish, and then sack him.
If you want to back him, wait for it to finish, and let him have a run at it.
If you really want to turn 3 years of ■■■■ into 6, push for Hird to get sacked and have to interview candidates with the figurative grand piano hanging on a string above them and a list short on young talent.

say hird gets sacked,you know the first question at every presser for the new coach is, ‘how is the scandal affecting your ability to do your job?’

The melksham and ambrose selections are for me the most questionable. But having said that i don't watch the game live so don't know what they are doing off the ball.
doing SFA!

Care to point me in the direction of the “raise concerns about and rationally discuss Hird as coach” thread?

I think thats the Lid Off thread.

I love the "we can't put the saga behind us while [x]" line.

Cos it’s only Hird who’s making us face yet another ridiculous appeal in about 6 months, not the court of arbitration for sport.

If we got rid of him, I’m sure CAS would just agree that it was all over.

Mind-boggling how many times this specific point needs to be repeated.

It’s simple farking logic, FFS!!

del

BRING HIM IN

WADA won’t drop their action if Hird is dropped
All that will do is satisfy the media hordes
At the first game post WADA someone in the crowd had a sign saying
WADA JOKE
STAY STRONG
Nothing to be achieved at this time of the year by sacking the coach
Sit back watch the kids play and think of the early draft pick