Our coach: James Hird

I wonder why they do the Coachs YouTube thing. It just makes me angry.

Hird is OK, but not brutal enough. Skippy is a dud and looks like a naughty child who has been caught lying again. Bassett is OK, Egan has no idea, and Harves looks like he would like explode but doesn’t. Not sure their is enough brains in this group.

I reckon someone needs to get angry. Just do it Harves.

So we’re now judging ability based on how they ‘look’? Good grief this place sometimes!

Is it true the players were told not to come into the club for recovery today? Someone at work was gleefully trying to suggest the club are in crisis (coupled with Hird's gripe with the insurer

Yes, but read the Heppell article on the club website for some context.

Hird is OK, but not brutal enough. Skippy is a dud and looks like a naughty child who has been caught lying again. Bassett is OK, Egan has no idea, and Harves looks like he would like explode but doesn’t. Not sure their is enough brains in this group.

Not that it matters but I thought it was meant to be a members only thing and now it’s posted on the website every few weeks

Is it true the players were told not to come into the club for recovery today? Someone at work was gleefully trying to suggest the club are in crisis (coupled with Hird's gripe with the insurer

Yes, but read the Heppell article on the club website for some context.

Acting Essendon captain Dyson Heppell says his leadership group will need to have some tough conversations this week following Sunday’s 87-point loss to the Western Bulldogs.

Bombers players were tasked with doing their own individual recovery sessions on Monday morning and weren’t required at the club.

Heppell insisted the players were still behind coach James Hird.

“Oh for sure, we love having Hirdy at the club, and he’s got our full support,” Heppell told AFL.com.au as he left Essendon’s Tullamarine complex.

Heppell, 23, who is standing in for injured skipper Jobe Watson, put the onus on himself and his fellow leaders to take responsibility.

"As a leadership group, I think we needed some conversations within us ourselves, trying to lead this group.

“A lot of the older guys in the group really need to help drive the young boys, it really stems from us.”

Hird made it clear after the loss that changes to the side were likely, which Heppell endorsed.

“Certainly not the result we would have liked. We’ve got a lot of young guys in the side, we certainly didn’t play the way we would have liked to,” he said.

“If certain guys didn’t stand up and play their role then there will be changes at some stage.”

The Bombers are 15th on the ladder with just five wins for the season, a significant backwards step from last year’s elimination final appearance under interim coach Mark Thompson.

Players have a seven-day break to prepare for next Sunday’s journey to take on Greater Western Sydney.

So the person responsible for running the entire economy of a country can bring a (rather crappy) defamation lawsuit against a paper and no one bats an eyelid.

An AFL coach brings a lawsuit and OH MY GOD WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN, COP YOUR WHACK, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE, I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY I’M ANGRY I JUST AM

like politicians actually do any work…

We’ll never move forward from this saga while he remains head coach. There is just too much negativity around the club weighing us down. Every news article about us is depressing, and i just dont rate him 1 bit as a coach. At selection and tactically he has been very poor this year, dont suger coat it because he’s been terrible.

We need a fresh start, the whole club does. We are the laughing stock of the competition because we refuse to even review whats going on.

We'll never move forward from this saga while he remains head coach. There is just too much negativity around the club weighing us down. Every news article about us is depressing, and i just dont rate him 1 bit as a coach. At selection and tactically he has been very poor this year, dont suger coat it because he's been terrible.

We need a fresh start, the whole club does. We are the laughing stock of the competition because we refuse to even review whats going on.

Can you provide examples of where he has been tactically inept?

I think taking a State league team to 3 premierships is more than ok.

We'll never move forward from this saga while he remains head coach. There is just too much negativity around the club weighing us down. Every news article about us is depressing, and i just dont rate him 1 bit as a coach. At selection and tactically he has been very poor this year, dont suger coat it because he's been terrible.

If you don't rate him as coach the that's a reasonable discussion to have. If you're allowing negative news articles to influence your decision then I'd suggest you can hang a bit tougher.
Bye Hird.

The minute you continue to play Ambrose over Edwards and play Melky underdone…that’s it for you. Youre not worth the money Hird.

How much money are you going to contribute to Hirds payout given the club are in debt ?

If you don't rate him as coach the that's a reasonable discussion to have. If you're allowing negative news articles to influence your decision then I'd suggest you can hang a bit tougher.
To be fair, wob allows just about anything to influence his decision! Most ridiculously OTT positive when we win, and most ridiculously OTT negative when we don't.

You should make a thread about this and tell us how you really feel, oh wait you did… Venting the same message won’t make your point be drilled in any more than it isn’t.

This is not the Hird bashing thread! FFS!

I wondered why we hadn’t put the saga behind us yet and was curious on whether you rated Hirdy as coach.

del

Actually anyone can say what they like on this thread, as far as my reason for starting it. Just thought a neutral title to house it all was a step forward from the last one.

Care to point me in the direction of the “raise concerns about and rationally discuss Hird as coach” thread?

Fresh start means Doc Reid has to go too.

I love the “we can’t put the saga behind us while [x]” line.

Cos it’s only Hird who’s making us face yet another ridiculous appeal in about 6 months, not the court of arbitration for sport.

If we got rid of him, I’m sure CAS would just agree that it was all over.