Overrated Movies

True statement…I haven’t seen any of The Godfather movies, only started watching the Star Wars movies a few years ago, haven’t seen The Green Mile or The Shawshank Redemption…and I’m sure there are quite a few other highly rated ones that I haven’t seen.

I liked it, and Pacino’s performance was compelling, but one of the best movies of all time? Naah.

Overrated.

I watched the shawshank redemption for the first time in years a couple of night ago. Still stands up. Top notch movie.

Green mile is rubbish

Chopper is also overrated

2 Likes

birdman, the most contrite bullshit ever filmed.

13 Likes

Well,… given we never know how much time we truly have left, I’d put the GF Trilogy at the top of my list, well above Star Wars stuff, … most of that is really ordinary for mine.

Didn’t get past the 1st prequel. :neutral_face:

Watched the first one about three nights ago.

The wedding scene at the start where it introduces the characters and how powerful the family is, is one of the great openings of a film ever.

Still stands up today.

I cant help you sorry.

2 Likes

Don’t worry mate…the true Star Wars fans wouldn’t like me at all…I liked the final three so much more than the first six.

Apparently that makes me some sort of heretic :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t think I got past the first 15 minutes of that before I turned it off.

1 Like

Pulp fiction and Goodfellas? Get a grip.

Dunkirk is hot garbage.

2 Likes

Star Wars
Shawshank Redemption
Seven

1 Like

It helped me get to sleep on an international flight a few years back, something I struggle to do.

Clerks 2 has my back on LOTR.

Language warning.

5 Likes

Iron Man 1

(I haven’t seen 2, but per relative comments it’s either the worst movie of all time… or the people who like 1 are seriously deluded.)

I think the Godfather stacks up.

Part 3, maybe not.

Hacksaw Ridge was on TV the other night. The shmaltziest, wettest type of flag-waving ‘murican poop.

It got awards.

1 Like

I didn’t think Barry Lyndon was generally regarded very highly. It was incredibly hyped when it was about to be released — Time magazine had a cover story about it — but when it actually came out it was praised for some of the technical things, like shooting night scenes by candle light, generally considered pretty boring. Which it is. Very boring actually.

1 Like

Yes, clearly the lesser child, but you still have to watch it,… and even as the least of the 3, still better than most films.

1 Like

You really don’t need to watch part three. I always recommend to omit it to people who are new to the franchise. The series was designed to be resolved after part two, and provides a more meaningful and thematic ending if you cease watching at the end of part two.

Three is completely superfluous

I’ve seen it three or four times and I find it absolutely terrifying.

Re: Barry Lyndon. I really like this film. Ryan O’Neal was miscast in my opinion, but the character is supposed to unlikeable. I reckon the music is especially good.

2 Likes