Panic Dollars 2017 - the game

Is this like the betting on celebrity deaths game?

No because you want to invest on risky players who you hope will play - not the next player to get injured.

i think i like it, but im confused... is the idea to make money or lose it?

Should i bet on players who wont play?

If i think a player will break their leg, should i bet on them? Once leg is broken, do i make money each week they dont play?

No the idea is to make money so you have more and more panic dollars to keep making bigger investments on players as the year progresses. You want to bet on players who will play, you get more money if you take the risk on players who are less likely to play (and keep playing).

No you get nothing if a player is injured, and it probably costs you because you have to pay to swap to someone else.

I'm in a panic cos I don't understand the game!

Take my money!

Have the above answers helped, or do you have a specific question?

TL;DR

I was waiting for somebody to make a game out of this. The amount of talk about panic dollars is through the roof these days. Just need to clarify a few things about the rules and I'm in! Does it count if I put my money on McGrath then he gets tackled by Rioli in round 1 causing this place to go full nuts that we didn't pick Clug. Would that mean I win or lose?

If you invest in McGrath, you get paid as long as he is in starting 22, he doesnā€™t have to get a kick. Also first game is v Collingwood on Thursday. Performance of McHandbag for brisbane is not relevent.

All I know is, Myers at $8 is one hell of a bad bet.

Um, isnā€™t this an anti-Panic Dollars game?

So confused.

If you keep investing panic dollars on players who donā€™t play, eventually you will have no panic dollars left.

Yeah so heā€™s right. Initially the panic dollars was conceived as ā€œspendingā€ means youā€™re bearish on a player. This is the opposite.

I like the idea though.

I did a unit at Uni called Trading in Securities Markets. In tutorials we just played an intra-tute stock market simulator. It was developed at the Uni. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s tons around. We should find one (or pay for a licence or something) and host it on Blitz as an actual panic market. That would be awesome.

Maybe. What do you think is more realistic return for him to play v pies?

Maybe. What do you think is more realistic return for him to play v pies?

Hmmm you might by right on him playing the Pies, just if you bet on him each week, youā€™re going to get burned at some point.

Um, isnā€™t this an anti-Panic Dollars game?

So confused.

If you keep investing panic dollars on players who donā€™t play, eventually you will have no panic dollars left.

Yeah so heā€™s right. Initially the panic dollars was conceived as ā€œspendingā€ means youā€™re bearish on a player. This is the opposite.

I like the idea though.

I did a unit at Uni called Trading in Securities Markets. In tutorials we just played an intra-tute stock market simulator. It was developed at the Uni. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s tons around. We should find one (or pay for a licence or something) and host it on Blitz as an actual panic market. That would be awesome.

Yes I know. But you were spending on someone you wanted to play ā€¦ I mean no one was spending their panic dollars on Eades and Draper. I thought about doing it the other way, but I didnā€™t want people hoping their players got injured and missed games.

I'm in a panic cos I don't understand the game!

Take my money!

Have the above answers helped, or do you have a specific question?

Yeah, I was just being a smartarsĆØ. Carry on.

Strewth

Coudnā€™t have said it better myself, but I applaud the effort of KFC ā€¦ Iā€™ll read through again when Iā€™m not rooted & see if I can follow it.

Buy $50 Jerrett
Buy $50 McG

When blitz panics, it full panics. No one's dropping $17 when LAV trips over his own foot, everything's worth $100. All in. Double or nothing baby.

Is this your transaction Riolio ā€¦ ie. $100 buy Laverde?

$50 McGrath

Itā€™ll be easier to make a quid in the 2nd round of JLT as youā€™ll know who hasnā€™t had a game yet.

Great game KFC - thanks!

Buy Heppell $25
Buy Watson $25

The term ā€œpanic dollarsā€ is probably my single greatest contribution to this forum.

So far we have ā€¦

This should also help people understand how it works.

Does anyone know when JLT squad will be named, maybe this arvo? Which will mean end of transactions for this round.

So far we have .... .. This should also help people understand how it works. ...

Hmmmmm. Nope.

So far we have .... .. This should also help people understand how it works. ...

Hmmmmm. Nope.

:smiley: Just think of it as betting on which player will play this week.