Team selection seems a bit more unknown this year, plus there seems to be a lot more excitement and interest as it is the first normal year for a while.
So I thought I would have a crack at a game that allowed blitzers to speculate on team selection.
The rules are:
1 Each registered panic dollar Gamer starts off with $100 panic dollars
- register by indicating desire to play in designated forum thread
2 Gamers can invest as much as you want in any player or save all or part of your money
3 Return rates for each EFC player will be published, and any updates will be posted
4 The Gamer gets that return for each $10 invested in player (or prorata for different $ amounts) if that player plays next game.
- player has to get onto the ground during playing time (can't be injured or withdrawn prior to start of the game).
5 Posted Returns for players may change at any time but will be fixed from time team is announced, till end of that game
6 Games include all of JLT pre-season, home and away rounds and finals
7 Winning Gamer is one with most panic dollars when Essendon 2017 season ends (i.e. grand final day!)
8 Gamer makes investment transactions by posting in designated thread on Blitz forum
9 An investment transaction can be
- invest a panic dollar amount in a player - e.g. $30 buy (one transaction),
- sell a panic dollar amount from a player - e.g. $20 sell (one transaction), or
- swap a panic dollar amount from player to player - e.g. $20 sell heppell, $20 buy watson (one transaction).
(if the swap dollar amounts are different it is 2 transactions not 1, also if swap is not in same post it is 2 transactions)
10 The cost of each transaction (deducted from your total panic dollars) before each game is
- $1 for first transaction in week
- $2 for 2nd transaction in week
- $3 for 3rd transaction in week
- $4 for 4th transaction in week
- $5 for 5th transaction in week
- $8 for each transaction above 5 in the week
11 An investment transaction once posted cannot be withdrawn or edited after it is posted.
- any Gamer suspected of editing their own transaction post in any way will lose $70 panic dollars.
12 No further transactions prior to game after team selections announced by EFC - that is when they first name the squad, not the final 22.
13 Rules may be changed at any time if problems arise
14 Judging in all things is final, no reviews. I will use cable strands methodology, not chain links - so don't expect justice.
Initial panic dollar returns for each EFC player if they play next game (these may change at any time).
No. Player Return on $10 invested
1 McGrath - $11
2 Bellchambers - $20
3 Parish - $8
4 Watson - $8
5 Stanton - $10
6 Daniher - $6
7 Merrett, Zach - $5
8 Gleeson - $6
9 Goddard - $8
10 Francis - $12
11 Zaharakis - $8
12 Baguley - $10
13 Fantasia - $10
14 Ridley - $15
15 Green - $10
16 Begley - $15
17 Stewart - $15
18 Hurley - $8
19 Mutch - $12
20 Merrett, Jackson - $18
21 Heppell - $5
22 Leuenberger - $8
23 Myers - $8
24 Bird - $8
25 Morgan - $15
26 Hooker - $12
27 Redman - $12
28 Brown - $8
29 Ambrose - $8
30 Langford - $9
32 Colyer - $9
33 Laverde - $9
34 Long - $10
35 Eades - $70
36 Hartley - $8
37 Clarke - $15
38 Draper - $50
39 Hocking - $8
40 Howlett - $8
41 McNiece - $15
43 McDonald-Tipungwuti - $8
44 McKernan - $9
45 McKenna - $9
47 Kelly - $8
49 Dea - $9
What do you think? If you want to do this, indicate interest in this thread, and start making transactions before squad named for Collingwood game on Thursday.