Panic Dollars 2019: Who wants to be a Blitzcoin millionaire? (Redbull wins option to get bucket hat!)

Panic Dollars returns. Last year @skip27 was able to convert his starting $100 into over $1,000,000 by the end of the season and win the game. This year we are starting later. No JLT games, because I expect lots of finals at the end. Yeah baby! So there are enough games to make your million.

The game will start in week of Monday 17th March, leading up to Round 1 game v GWS on Sunday 24th March.

At this stage, all you have to do is register your interest that you want to play (post in the comments below).

Background
Panic Dollars is a game based around Team selection. You invest in a particular player(s), if your players get selected, your investment grows, if your players don’t play you lose part of your money. You can swap players between games, or choose to lock in players for longer for bigger returns. In this game the more risky your strategy, the bigger your potential returns.

The game will most suit Supporters who like to take an interested in all the players on the list and try to understand the match committee’s selection strategies. This will help in working out the likelihood of each player being selected in the next match or matches.

That’s it for now. I will post more on the rules, returns and bonuses over the next weeks. I will also reserve the following post for more fine print rules.

Investment Options

Panic Dollars is an investment game. All Gamers are given $100 when they start. Gamers invest all or part of their funds in a player or players. If the player(s) you select play the next game, you get a return, but if they don’t play you get a cost penalty.

There are a few different investment options as you can lock your investment in for multiple weeks. You get a bonus payment if your player plays all the games during the lock period.

Update: Bonus Payments for Lock options

• Anxiety option is a 2 match lock - each player lock for this option locks up 50% of your funds, so you can only do this for 2 players max. If your player actually plays you also get the weekly nervous return payments each match.
  • Stress option is a 3 match lock - each player lock for this option locks up 50% of your funds, so you can only do this for 2 players max. If your player actually plays you also get the weekly nervous return payments each match
  • Trauma option is a 5 match lock - a player lock for this option locks up 100% of your funds, so you can only do this for 1 player. If your player actually plays you only get a flat 10% weekly return payment each match.

Best Players’ Bonus (starting R1)

This will still start this week R1, based on AFL/EFC match report named best players.

Each investment in a “best player” for that round will get a bonus payment equal to:
Total value all Panic Dollars investments x 0.5% x (25% + 75% x (Rank - 1) / (Total no of Gamers - 1)).

This will increase through the year, as the total of all invested funds grows.
Rank refers to the Gamer’s Rank at the start of that round. The formula will give Gamers at the bottom of the rankings a larger best players bonus payment than those Gamers higher up the rankings.
Eligibility: All investment options.

Win Jackpot (starts R1, first match)

Win Jackpot will be paid in any match that EFC wins from R1 on. The Win Jackpot will not be paid for a loss or a draw.

Jackpot: 20% of Nervous rate for that player in a winning week. So a player with a 25% Nervous rate will pay at 25% x (100% + 20%) = 30% for that week.

Eligibility: Gamers / players / options using Nervous rates for that week. That is Nervous, Anxiety and Stress Options. Not Eligible - Trauma option.

3 Likes

Terms and Conditions

Calculations: Payments, Bonuses and Costs are calculated in different ways:

• Weekly payments for playing are based on how much you have invested in that particular player, e.g. % x investment amount.
  • Bonus payments for playing all the games in a lock period are a flat rate for all investment amounts.
  • Cost penalties for not playing are based on the Gamers total funds, e.g. % x your total funds x no. of your players who did not play.
  • You only get paid if a player plays. Late outs don’t get paid and incur penalty cost, late inclusions do get paid. You get paid for your player getting onto the field only. It does not matter why the player does not play (injury, suspension, hurt during warmup, death in the family, kidnapped by aliens) no play means no pay.

Starting and Stopping Investment Periods

• You can start investing or changing your players as soon as I post the final rates for that week - usually on Tuesday after Injury report.
  • You all start with $100 to invest. There is nothing to be gained by not investing all your funds every game.
  • Your post is locked in. Once you post you can’t edit or change. Penalty for editing to change your investment is 50% of your funds. Yes I can find out if you make an edit.
  • No more investments once the first squad is announced for the next game (Wednesday to Friday evening depending on when Essendon’s game is scheduled).
  • I may stop any further investment on specific players if the Club releases information that I believe guarantees a certain player will play. There are no gimmes in panic dollars.

If your Player does not play
The cost is the same in all investment options.
Cost%20for%20not%20playing

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

In!

1 Like

I love a good panic.

I am in!

1 Like

In, I hate this game, but I can’t look away.

2 Likes

In for the title defence

1 Like

Yep, why not. I’m in.

1 Like

Never played this, but I’m in - why not

1 Like

Yep love a good panic.

1 Like

So you just put bucks on durable players?

Finally started getting a hang of it about halfway through the year. I’m in!!

1 Like

To win you have to put bucks on the cooked ones.

Well the slightly well done ones. They still need to play.

That gives us sooooo many choices.

1 Like

I’ll have another crack

1 Like

I don’t understand

It says if your player plays, your investment grows

If they don’t, you lose your money

There’s odds.

1 Like

It is risk v reward. The less certain your player(s) are to play - the more reward you get.

Here is example of what the offer rates were for R23 last year -

So if you had $1,000 and invested in Heppel you get paid $200 if he plays, but if you invested in Clarke you get $500 if he plays, and if you invested in Mynott you get $900 if he plays. Or if you believe Fantasia had recovered from injury and was going to play you could invest in him and get paid $2,000.

Players’ Rates change every week depending on injuries, form etc.

Also you can lock players in for 2, 3 or 5 continuous matches and get paid extra bonuses if they play all of those games. More risky but more money if you pull it off.

But if your player(s) doesn’t play - you only lose about 2% of your money not all of it.

Welcome back, we always need a pacemaker to be well in front at R10 to give others something to aim at.

1 Like