Patrick Karnezis

We should pick him up.

I believe he has the makings of a good player in him. Even the potential to be a top 10-15 player at a club.

He wants to come home, not sure of his contract status however he wouldnt cost much if he is still under contract.

We can trade back into the draft.

Thoughts?

We should pick him up.

I believe he has the makings of a good player in him. Even the potential to be a top 10-15 player at a club.

He wants to come home, not sure of his contract status however he wouldnt cost much if he is still under contract.

We can trade back into the draft.

Thoughts?

He's a dud

disagree.

i have watched him play a few games and im pretty good at picking talent. 

disagree.

i have watched him play a few games and im pretty good at picking talent. 

Are you? Good for you

Haven’t seen much of him but for some of the NAB Cup earlier this year. What sort of player is he? Midfielder/defender?

He's out of contract at the end of the year:

Karnezis keen to leave Lions at season's end

PATRICK Karnezis has told the Brisbane Lions he wants to head home to Victoria at the end of this season, having failed to overcome the homesickness that has plagued him in his three years at the club.

AFL.com.au understands Karnezis, 21, recently told the Lions he had decided to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of this season.

After unsuccessfully requesting a trade to a Victorian club at the end of last season, Karnezis made a concerted effort to settle into Brisbane this year, but the lure of home has proved too strong.

It is understood several Victorian clubs including Collingwood are circling the No. 25 pick in the 2010 draft, but the Lions will be looking to drive a hard bargain at the trade table.

In the event that one of Karnezis' suitors cannot agree to a trade with the Lions, the half-forward will have to enter the national or pre-season draft and hope he gets through to his preferred club.

The draft pick the Lions used to select Karnezis was acquired in the trade that sent Jared Brennan to Gold Coast at the end of 2010.

Karnezis played 11 games and kicked 17 goals in his debut season, 2011, but managed just seven games last year.

He was one of the Lions' better performers in their 68-point loss to the Western Bulldogs in round one this year with 19 possessions, but after playing as the Lions' substitute the following week against Adelaide was dropped.

Despite his outstanding form in the NEAFL this year, Karnezis has played just one game since, the round 10 loss against Collingwood.

Last Saturday, Karnezis staked a strong claim for a senior recall, finishing with 32 disposals and four goals in the  reserves' 33-point win over the Swans.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-06/karnezis-wants-vic-move

I wouldn't mind him (depending on what it costs us) - he's showed promise from what I've seen of him. Having said that, I'm sure that there are others who have seen more of him than I have.

Haven't seen much of him but for some of the NAB Cup earlier this year. What sort of player is he? Midfielder/defender?

Mid/half-forward.

I'd like him at the club. believe he has what it takes to become a good player.

Uncontracted/delisted free agent pick up.

Would be a better prospect than a pick 80 odd.

I would be only drafting 1 to 2 players and filling the rest of the list with homesick players from other clubs that have shown a bit, like him.

He’s not delisted so he’s not a free agent. We have to trade for him or get him in a draft.

Was very good through the NAB cup, but then so were most of the Lions. If I thought he could produce that sort of form on a regular basis then maybe. Is he worth a punt? Mayhap. But only if cheap.

soft

YES

Type of player that we need if we can get him up to speed.

High half forward who can rotate through the midfield.

It's a matter of whether we have the draft picks to get the deal done.

Type of player that we need if we can get him up to speed.

High half forward who can rotate through the midfield.

It's a matter of whether we have the draft picks to get the deal done.

He's been playing in the NEAFL. Usually clubs trade those players to the team who is interested in them. 

Almost no chance someone isn't already into him.

That club, whoever it is, is the reason behind him wanting to come home, and the reason he didn't play seniors this year.

Whoever it is will be dealing with the Lions already.

We should ask the Age, they'll know

He's not delisted so he's not a free agent. We have to trade for him or get him in a draft.

How did the Saints get Dylan Roberton last year?
He refused to sign with Freo till they had no option but to delist him.

He's not delisted so he's not a free agent. We have to trade for him or get him in a draft.

How did the Saints get Dylan Roberton last year?
He refused to sign with Freo till they had no option but to delist him.

He requested a trade didn't he?

That's certainly what was reported:

And St K only signed him right at the end of the free agency window - 30th November, we signed Goddard the day it opened on 1st October.

Well, they might offer up Gumby for him... as J.Brown will retire and they are seeking a KPP FWD..  we might even get something else thrown in...!??!?

At least he's young and has something we need in more fwd/mid type players...!!