Patrick Karnezis

Why does everyone want Brisbanes kids? There is a reason they are crap, and it is not just becasue Crazzy Vossy was coach.
Some very average middle of the raod footballers mixed in with some good kids who are not for sale.
PASS

Lots of reasons. They want out(not delisted), is a main one. Polec(pick 5), Longer(pick 8), Docherty(pick 12) all drafted in the last 3 seasons and probably haven't had the development that they would have had in other clubs.
As for Karnezis, I'm not sold on yet. What position does he play? Is he damaging enough to play on the wing? Or is he the second coming of Bolts?
he should be a midfielder. can play half forward.
plays like myers with more speed, less penetrating kick, smarter off the ball.
And totally afraid of going near a contest
you reckon? i dont. its also not his primary role.
didn't seem to have any fear of body contact when playing as a makeshift key forward.

Perhaps his  "fear of the contest" is really learning to read midfield play at a higher level? Or perhaps like  Caddy in his last yeear GC, he knew he was moving on and not willing to get injured for the club he was leaving.
Nothing has been proved that Caddy was playing possum last year... Injuries or not he has shown nothing this season to show he was any better than last season. Hooker and pick 18 (KAV!) is what Gold Coast knocked back from Essendon. Gold Coast wishing they had there time again?

Why does everyone want Brisbanes kids? There is a reason they are crap, and it is not just becasue Crazzy Vossy was coach.
Some very average middle of the raod footballers mixed in with some good kids who are not for sale.
PASS

Lots of reasons. They want out(not delisted), is a main one. Polec(pick 5), Longer(pick 8), Docherty(pick 12) all drafted in the last 3 seasons and probably haven't had the development that they would have had in other clubs.
As for Karnezis, I'm not sold on yet. What position does he play? Is he damaging enough to play on the wing? Or is he the second coming of Bolts?
didn't seem to have any fear of body contact when playing as a makeshift key forward.

Perhaps his  "fear of the contest" is really learning to read midfield play at a higher level? Or perhaps like  Caddy in his last yeear GC, he knew he was moving on and not willing to get injured for the club he was leaving.
Nothing has been proved that Caddy was playing possum last year... Injuries or not he has shown nothing this season to show he was any better than last season. Hooker and pick 18 (KAV!) is what Gold Coast knocked back from Essendon. Gold Coast wishing they had there time again?

Caddy hasn't set the world on fire at Geelong but he's hd no issues throwing the body into contests.

At GC in his last year he stood back with his hands out waiting for someone else to win it for him.

PASS

Caddy hasn't set the world on fire at Geelong but he's hd no issues throwing the body into contests.

At GC in his last year he stood back with his hands out waiting for someone else to win it for him.

Sort of like a...caddy, then.
I'll get me coat.

PASS

Caddy didnt have much of it last week but was almost a key forward for parts of the game and absolutely went in gang busters every time the ball was close to him. i think its a fair point about him protecting himself or not being fully into a team that wasnt fully into him as well.

not that ive even seen that from Karny!

The notion that Caddy played half-heartedly at GC is absolute nonsense.

The notion that Caddy played half-heartedly at GC is absolute nonsense.

He admitted in an article that he could have prepared better for games.

DAF

heard he has requested a trade to Essendon.

Haven't seen much of him but seems like an obvious fit with Monfries gone/Cram going as a lead-up forward. The question is: Is he actually any good...?

Would make sense as an option given the loss of the cram. Have no opinion of him as a player.

Haven't seen much of him but seems like an obvious fit with Monfries gone/Cram going as a lead-up forward. The question is: Is he actually any good...?

i believe he has the ability to be a good player.

im not in his head so i dont know his dedication but the tools are there. was very consistent in the 2's all year so that is a big plus. consistency means good head place and determination to succeed even when games might not start well etc..

Hang on, hang on....now first there has been no mass exodus of contracted players from the club, and now there are players from other clubs who have named us at their preferred destination!!!

Wilson must be privately seething!!

Still hasn’t found a home, any chance of a late charge from the bombers?

mellington is a better option if we can get a deal done

Mellington is a better option than Karnezis now?

Wow, his stocks have gone through the roof.

In the u18s he was a lean, clever, slick high third forward.  Nice movement and very good disposal, but in-between in size and not really one to kick big bags against good opposition.  Lions took him higher than I rated him.  However, in the last year or two he seems to have played better as a midfielder - in the preseason cup especially he did some really good work.there, but nothing in the real season.  Don't know what the issue is,but surely there was one.  Dreamteam/supercoach points are a pretty shonky standard to be judging by, but they're the only NAB cup stats I can find and his preaeason games average score was fully double that of his home-and-away season games. Weird. Maybe a touch of the Voss factor? 

yeah he absolutely killed in the NAB Cup... playing off HFF and then onto wing.  Then in regular season, ordinary.  Mind you probably reflective of Lions performances in NAB cup and in normal season. 

Nice form from Senior Lions. Perhaps little surprise they wanted to leave if that's representative of the culture. 

Departing Brisbane Lions players get whack on Twitter from former teammates

212202-sam-docherty.jpg

Happier times... Brisbane's draft class of 2011 (from left) Sam Docherty, Elliott Yeo, Patrick Weardon and Billy Longer. Source: News Limited

THE "Go Home Five" will not be missed at the Gabba.

The homesick Lions quintet of Billy Longer (St Kilda), Jared Polec (Port Adelaide), Sam Docherty (Carlton), Elliot Yeo (West Coast) and Patrick Karnezis (Collingwood) all returned to their home states in the last two days of AFL Trade period, effectively wiping out the 2010 and 2011 draft for Brisbane.

Lions stars Tom Rockliff and Pearce Hanley took to Twitter to fire parting shots at the departing players, with Hanley tagging his message #mummiesboysarehomenow.

Senior Brisbane players are also livid at the five young guns suggesting homesickness struck when they were unable to secure a regular place in the senior side.

New Brisbane senior coach Justin Leppitsch did his best to convince Longer, Yeo and Docherty to stay.

Karnezis and Polec were lost causes. Neither attended the Brisbane club champion dinner last month while Karnezis left for Melbourne before Brisbane‘s NEAFL commitments were completed.

Just in case anyone missed the amazing tweet by @pearcehanley which i'd guess they made him take down here it is. pic.twitter.com/otMlmbpa6G

— Matt Hammond (@hammo04) October 25, 2013

Leigh Matthews turned the Lions from a laughing stock, into the most feared and successful club of the modern era.

Michael Voss sent them right back to laughing stock.

How can one man do SO much damage to a club? And that's without a supplements scandal.  

Buckley loves recycling