Patrick Karnezis

Not sure I would call averaging 28 touches and 1.7 goals a game spudding it in the reserves.

clearly you dont get how this forum works. This is a fact free zone
Sounds like he ripped it to me.
I don't need to see many games from players to form my opinion. I have an analytical brain that is focused on AFL and NHL and I translate that to strong fantasy predictions. This is all based on what I see in a player from limited vision.
He runs in the right spots, has a good kicking style, plays with confidence even though he has been treated without any. He is a good shape and size and runs fluently. He also can be dominant. By that I mean he can combine all of the above traits into long periods of play, unlike someone like jetta or Myers or melksham, the latter two have had far more afl exposure and are only really now starting to look like they might be part of a winning team. I see that in karnezis this early and he is strong willed.
I believe the bombers can trade back into the draft. Gumby/pears/hardingham all present an option to acquire a pick or two and a young skilled player who wants to come home and get a game.
I do like pears but he lacks footy IQ a bit. Hardingham can't handle pressure. Gumby is worth more on the trade table.
Trade jetta or delist.
Karnezis most definitely could be a bargain get with a good ceiling.

scania

Can't we start calling them Louisvilles - Scanias are actually really really good trucks.

Not sure I would call averaging 28 touches and 1.7 goals a game spudding it in the reserves.

clearly you dont get how this forum works. This is a fact free zone

Yep of course. It's a conspiracy/Voss is clueless why he's stuck in the magoos.
I apparently have no idea despite attending the games of which ur quoting the stats.
The standard of footy in the NEAFL is so far below that of even VFL it's not funny. And in a league that he should be dominating he's simply NOT. Even Zantuck was more impressive when he came up here - and he was a huge spud.
Scania. And playing in the Magoos for a reason.

Spare me the hyperbole.

Clearly the guy has had a pretty solid season in the reserves. Obviously the standard of the NEAFL is well below that of the VFL/SANFL/WAFL. Did he have the choice to play in a stronger league? Obviously not. It's not his fault he was drafted to QLD.

And for the record, I didn't say he was dominating. I was refuting a claim that he was spudding it. And he clearly wasn't spudding it.

Jack Crisp and Patrick Karnezis have been rewarded for their supremely consistent form at reserves level with selection in the 2013 NEAFL Team of the Year.
Crisp was named in one of the coveted on-ball positions alongside Southport's Haydn Kiel, who took out the Grogan Medal, while Karnezis was selected on a wing.
The pair spent the majority of 2013 with the Lions Reserves, after managing just five senior AFL matches between them.
Crisp‘s form towards the end of the season has been particularly impressive, with arguably his finest performance coming in the team‘s narrow Semi Final win against Aspley when he collected 30 disposals, laid seven tackles, won 10 clearances, sent the ball inside 50m 10 times, and kicked two goals.
Karnezis has also proven to be a ball magnet this season after playing more regularly in the midfield.
The 21-year-old collected 30-plus disposals on seven occasions throughout the season, with a season-high 41 touches against Labrador in Round 13.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-09-10/crisp-and-karnezis-honoured

No worries - I will spare you the hyperbole.

He is playing in a league where his performances should make it impossible to ignore him for selection in the Brions team. That's not happening. You can listen to what others are saying that Voss doesn't like him etc etc.....Or you could perhaps consider there is a reason he's not being selected.

He lacks the impact you'd expect from a guy who you look at and think "He's way too good for this league". He'd be a handy VFL player at best IMO. The only thing that making him stand out is the ridiculous "hair in a bun" do he's been running around with.

But ur right - he's had a pretty solid season in the ressies. But as far as I'm concerned, if he's not utterly dominating that comp then he is spudding it as far as his AFL aspirations are concerned. It is only my opinion, but it's an opinion shared by the Lions atm. 

I think he's worth passing on and looking elsewhere. And over my time following Qld footy I've seen heaps better than him who haven't been able to cut it at AFL level.

Ps - Go the Hornets to upset the Brions Reserves in the GF this Sunday!!!

Can't we start calling them Louisvilles - Scanias are actually really really good trucks.

I thought it was because they carry excrement rather than because they're bad trucks.

Scared of the filter.

Bit of talent. Good size, moves well, kicks nicely. Nice hands.

But not that good. No urgency. Doesn’t have a great impact when the ball’s on the ground, doesn’t do a heck of a lot of chasing.

Someone earlier compared Polec to Fiora. Reckon that’s slightly off target. But not that far.

Keep in mind he was taken 5 picks before Steinberg. And a whole bunch of guys around there in the draft have been cut already.

I was excited when I thought Pearce Hanley was Karnezis.

Now......not so much.  

Sam Docherty is also said to want to come home. Has had some good games at AFL level and had some quite games. Might be a better option…

Why does everyone want Brisbanes kids? There is a reason they are crap, and it is not just becasue Crazzy Vossy was coach.

Some very average middle of the raod footballers mixed in with some good kids who are not for sale.

PASS

Why does everyone want Brisbanes kids? There is a reason they are crap, and it is not just becasue Crazzy Vossy was coach.

Some very average middle of the raod footballers mixed in with some good kids who are not for sale.

PASS

Lots of reasons. They want out(not delisted), is a main one. Polec(pick 5), Longer(pick 8), Docherty(pick 12) all drafted in the last 3 seasons and probably haven't had the development that they would have had in other clubs.
As for Karnezis, I'm not sold on yet. What position does he play? Is he damaging enough to play on the wing? Or is he the second coming of Bolts?

I thought it was because they carry excrement rather than because they're bad trucks.

Scared of the filter.

My dad had a bright green Acco with a crane on the back. I loved it but it was probably a bit slow and not much of a turning circle. Australian built. Acco? And Unco Acco for chaps like that Bell for the Scum?

PASS

Lots of reasons. They want out(not delisted), is a main one. Polec(pick 5), Longer(pick 8), Docherty(pick 12) all drafted in the last 3 seasons and probably haven't had the development that they would have had in other clubs.
As for Karnezis, I'm not sold on yet. What position does he play? Is he damaging enough to play on the wing? Or is he the second coming of Bolts?

he should be a midfielder. can play half forward. 

plays like myers with more speed, less penetrating kick, smarter off the ball.

PASS

And totally afraid of going near a contest

Pass.

Would have a look at either polec or docherty though

Alrighty... so Mark Harvey took over the interim coaching role at Lions after Crazy Vossy departed.  Lions ended up winning two of their three games (albeit only defeating GWS and Bulldogs) under Harvey losing only to Geelong by a point at Simonds.

So... maybe the players liked playing for Mark Harvey

So... maybe if Harves becomes our stand-in coach we have an inside running on being the lads preferred destination.

Polec yes. This guy no.

Alrighty... so Mark Harvey took over the interim coaching role at Lions after Crazy Vossy departed.  Lions ended up winning two of their three games (albeit only defeating GWS and Bulldogs) under Harvey losing only to Geelong by a point at Simonds.

So... maybe the players liked playing for Mark Harvey

So... maybe if Harves becomes our stand-in coach we have an inside running on being the lads preferred destination.

More importantly - he might know who is worth keeping and who isn't. Did a pretty good job with the kids at Freo before they shafted him.

PASS

you reckon? i dont. its also not his primary role.

Met with the pies today apparently.

PASS

you reckon? i dont. its also not his primary role.

didn't seem to have any fear of body contact when playing as a makeshift key forward.

Perhaps his  "fear of the contest" is really learning to read midfield play at a higher level? Or perhaps like  Caddy in his last yeear GC, he knew he was moving on and not willing to get injured for the club he was leaving.

Need to look at Docherty!!!