Paul Walker dead

It's an oddity to me the outpouring of grief for deceased celebrities, especially as it would seem the emotional tie is not actually with the individual but with the character they played. A similar reaction was witnessed with the untimely death of James Gandolfini, who has a much larger catalogue of acting roles than Paul Walker yet will forever be remembered as Tony Soprano. Some of the comments on my facebook page about Paul Walker have been surreal, I'm almost tempted to reply "you do realise he's an actor..right?"
Obviously this is a tragic event for his friends and family but I think fans who try to take ownership of the situation because a fondness of a character or because he was "Hot", don't have the right IMO.

Yeah, pretty much.  A lot of the "outpourings of grief" on the net seem to have a lot of "look at me, I'm GRIEVING" overtones to them.  A lot of people just want attention and will use a guys death to get it.

It's an oddity to me the outpouring of grief for deceased celebrities, especially as it would seem the emotional tie is not actually with the individual but with the character they played. A similar reaction was witnessed with the untimely death of James Gandolfini, who has a much larger catalogue of acting roles than Paul Walker yet will forever be remembered as Tony Soprano. Some of the comments on my facebook page about Paul Walker have been surreal, I'm almost tempted to reply "you do realise he's an actor..right?"
Obviously this is a tragic event for his friends and family but I think fans who try to take ownership of the situation because a fondness of a character or because he was "Hot", don't have the right IMO.

Yeah, pretty much.  A lot of the "outpourings of grief" on the net seem to have a lot of "look at me, I'm GRIEVING" overtones to them.  A lot of people just want attention and will use a guys death to get it.

These people are seriously flawed. Help is required.

FF7 the Movie that will be seriously flawed - Took my boy to FF1 about same time Ess V Port don't have to guess who he preferred 

Remember the Speed kills campaign in 1995 & Essendon    premiership though Carlton must have been adopting an earlier version of wipe of 5   

Favourite Paul Walker film was "Running Scared" very dark girtty film. He really pulled it off. I thought the Fast 5 i think it was (the first one with The Rock in it), was the best one they have done. Pure popcorn flick but don't very well. The cars dragging the safe with them was off the charts.

Really feel for his daughter. 

Seems liked a very decent guy, did a hell of a lot of work for chairty.

Running Scared is a hell of a film.

Agree, good movie, edgy and gritty and shows he could act. 

These people are seriously flawed. Help is required.

Craploads of them around though...including on this forum. If I don't know someone, or am not emotionally tied to them in some way, then it's just "oh, well, laters!"

I haven't read it anywhere, but was the driver speeding and doing something illegal? 

Pictures of the condition of the car suggest speed was definitely a factor. Apparently Walker was unrecognisable. 

I haven't read it anywhere, but was the driver speeding and doing something illegal? 

Pictures of the condition of the car suggest speed was definitely a factor. Apparently Walker was unrecognisable. 

Suggest? lol .... that car was farking flying!

Either way, not a good weekend on the roads
Marcus North's brother stepped in front of a truck, Michael Mascoulis (former Weagles rookie,only 20-21) died in an accident and this guy as well
Whatever you think of any of them, it's pretty ****. They leave behind families, friends, colleagues etc.
RIP.
Be careful on the roads.

Well said HAP.

yep agree. No matter what you may think of anyone, it's not a good thing to see them pass away. I didn't mind him, but i wouldnt have gone out of my way to watch a movie with him in it, but it's still sad that he has passed away, and will leave behind a family and the like.

Some of the **** on here and across the internet, mainly the pathetic attempts at jokes and puns, is sadly indictive of sad world we find ourselves in.

Unlike your Bomberblitz name I guess. 

Reading this morning, they are also suggesting mechanical failure, power steering fluid leak.

Reading this morning, they are also suggesting mechanical failure, power steering fluid leak.

That would cause a car to speed excessively?

Sounds like dangerous driving and sadly I am less remorseful in this situation as other could have been put in harm.

Yeah it was a mechanical failure. The car's display system didn't activate and say "DUDE, YOU ARE DRIVING WAY TOO FAST HERE, THIS IS NOT A MOVIE!!!"

Story on mechanical failure here

yeah, not buying it.

So will Porsche order a mass recall?

It was modified. 

Read that they had some trouble getting it running.

It was modified. 

NOPE

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-death-car-crash-accident-mechanical-failure/

Furthermore, the $500,000 2005 Porsche had reportedly barely been driven and wasn‘t modified, so TMZ‘s source believes the mechanical defect must have occurred in the factory and not the auto shop.

It was modified. 

NOPE

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-death-car-crash-accident-mechanical-failure/

Furthermore, the $500,000 2005 Porsche had reportedly barely been driven and wasn‘t modified, so TMZ‘s source believes the mechanical defect must have occurred in the factory and not the auto shop.

All pretty irrelevant attempts at blame shifting I reckon. You just do not bend a car up like that travelling at anywhere near normal/legal speeds. Just an unfortunate outcome of boys being boys imo.

It was modified. 

NOPE

All pretty irrelevant attempts at blame shifting I reckon. You just do not bend a car up like that travelling at anywhere near normal/legal speeds. Just an unfortunate outcome of boys being boys imo.

Agree, and with the mech failure, wsan't meaning to say that was the main factor,  just that it could easily make a problem a whole lot worse very quickly.

It was modified. 

NOPE

Agree, and with the mech failure, wsan't meaning to say that was the main factor,  just that it could easily make a problem a whole lot worse very quickly.

Which is why speeding and drink driving are illegal. You can drive home perfectly safely, but if someone else does something unexpected, you're in a world of hurt. Virtually no margin for error.

Which is why speeding and drink driving are illegal. You can drive home perfectly safely, but if someone else does something unexpected, you're in a world of hurt. Virtually no margin for error.

Which is why if you wish to drive at a gazillion miles an hour you should either do it on a track, or live somewhere like I do, where the back roads are almost deserted. You should make sure that if the ■■■■ hits the fan, it's you, not some innocent bystander who wears the consequences.

Pretty unlikely that a power steering leak would cause sudden and catastrophic steering failure.