Paws, claws, feathers and fins

5 Likes

Kitchen window with a view. Long time since this koala has been in what used to be her favorite tree, a peppermint gum on our side of the side fence. Must be nearly 2 years, basically since the neighbours got a second dog. Hoping she comes down on our side of the fence and I’ve diplomatically alerted the neighbours to her presence.

9 Likes

How does one go about buying kittens these days?

Second Chance Animal Rescue or Ingrids Haven are both good options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you want a basic moggie or a certain breed? Coldstream Animal rescue is worth looking at or id suggest contact a registered breeder. Moggies can be hit and miss, certain breeds have personality traits you might value.

1 Like

Does jewellery qualify for this thread?

6 Likes

I don’t know what type of owl this is, but it has just become my favourite.

8 Likes

Do we think the AFL would approve this clash jumper?

Course not.

I don’t think that’s a real owl (the eyes look fake) or at least not its real colours. I’m pretty sure its meant to be a horned owl which are usually speckled white, black brown & golden.

1 Like

th
Could be a variation of a red owl. I will call this one “Away Strip.”

1 Like

Paws, claws and feathers. Fin.

10 Likes

We have a fish pond in our back yard that I have neglected. It is about 3000 litres and I have now serviced the filter and water pump with a new UV globe. There are about 30 Koi of various sizes up to about 30 cm length and we are replaced all the plants are they are dead or in poor condition.

Does anyone know anything about keeping this ponds crystal clear and clean ? Fish seem happy with murky water but I would like it so we can see the fish easily. Are there any safe chemicals anyone would recommend?

There is a mesh cover to keep out the birds and a nice fountain, and we feed the fish a few times each week.

In Ireland, the dogs at a shelter are allowed to pick their own present.

7 Likes

I knew which toy Shep was going to pick, before he got to it.

3 Likes

We do this with Ziggy once or twice a week.
Yeah, he is spoiled.

5 Likes

Pomeranian rescued from the jaws of 3.5-metre python at a Noosa dog beach (msn.com)

Brave woman. I would have just screamed, am terrified of snakes. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I don’t mind pythons …poor dog. I haven’t read the article but I’m glad she saved it.

1 Like

Poor dog alright, will probably have nightmares for the rest of his life.

1 Like

To be fair, Pomeranians are ideal python food size.

1 Like