Paws, claws, feathers and fins

Coco is lovely! Madge does like being around company, and at times decides the best place to snuggle is on your shoulder/chest - great for when you’re attempting to watch tv! but she’ll also go off and do her own thing. Her mum just reminded me that it’s been two years today since the former house feline passed - Mak - she was a Burmese.

3 Likes

We also have a 19YO we took on from my brother who couldn’t keep him. He was sold to my brother as a Bengal, but I think probably an Abyssinian or Abyssinian/Tabby cross if there is any pure breed in him.

When we took him on, he was a wild thing that would shred you if you looked at him the wrong way, or just when the mood hit him. My wife likes to say we’ve loved him into submission.

9 Likes

Our first Tonkinese, Sasha, was so desperate to be with people all the time, my wife would drape her over her shoulders (around her neck), hanging down both sides if she had to be standing in the kitchen for any length of time. She’d stay as long as you’d keep her there.

She used to walk down the street on a leash, very happily.

She had a favourite glove that she’d drop on your face overnight in bed, and if you threw it away, she’d race off, fetch it, and drop it on your face again.

6 Likes

I’m guessing you carry round a small First Aid Kit with one of those compression bandages with shapes drawn on the outside ?

Love the photos… and the story with its happy ending ……and the striped tail.

3 Likes

I have a box full of them in my ute as I sell them too.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the thread for this BUT… but my Better Half and I were at Diamond Dove Dam in Bendigo yesterday when she took this shot. She thought it might be a Hornet and posted the pic to the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria Facebook Group. One person there called it an Australian Hornet but the majority disagreed and said it was a Potter’s Wasp which is neither a hornet nor aggressive. Cool pic though, so here it is. She reckons it was about 3 cms long.
PS Actual Hornets are apparently really dangerous.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Yep. There’s one just like it among the selection below :

2 Likes

5 Likes

There can never be enough posts about crows, I say.

7 Likes

This one was in the Red & Black humour thread a few months ago, but without the pictures.

1 Like

3 Likes

Peanut Cat

6 Likes

Tough life

6 Likes

They have it all figured out, we’re the suckers for being humans

3 Likes

8 Likes

:smile:

9 Likes

2 Likes