Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Would make a great team if we could also get [Ricky] Mott and Bailey [Williams].

3 Likes

Knightmare’s Phantom draft of the first two rounds… he has us taking Jack Ross.

3 Likes

Highly unlikely we go that way, I like Ross but I’ll be shocked if he goes top 50 considering he got a state combine invite

2 Likes

Any chance of the ruckman Williams or stack dropping.

1 Like

I’ve only just started catching up on this draft, am I insane for not seeing “it” with Sam Walsh. By it I mean number 1 guaranteed star. Looks good for sure, but not what I expected from someone seemingly certain to be #1 in a draft that’s apparently stacked at the top.

3 Likes

Maybe Knightmare is in the “doesn’t watch Essendon very closely and doesn’t realise that inside mid isn’t actually a need” camp.

1 Like

Sounding like jack bytel must be a realistic chance of being there at 34?

Did his year, aside from injuries, really underwhelm td1?

Even if he did there where plenty of inside mids he passed for that pick that got national invites, wouldn’t matter which club it’s very rare from a player in the TAC to go top 50 that got a state combine invite.

1 Like

On closer look he is a bit slow and his kicking is inconsistent and as inside mids go he is more of a Pendlebury style midfielder more so than a crash and bash type. He is very good around stoppages with his decision making and composure in traffic and he is a ball magnet around the ground.

So if he is there at 34 do
You take him
Or is there another player you would have ahead of him that is likely to be there?

Plenty of inside mids should be available or atleast close and I’d be happy with any of them Bytel included although we already have 3 slower mids in Mynott, Clarke and Mutch so I’d be looking for some with a bit of power like O’Halloran, E.Smith or Rowbottom.

1 Like

Welcome to Essendon Tom Campbell.

1 Like

205cm

Knightmare is useful but heavily overrates inside midfielders. Had Willem Drew at about 5 in his ‘Power Rankings’ and he’s just smashing it at Port so far.

2 Likes

Just pick whoever has the coolest name

3 Likes

Fixed.

Why even check out Knightmare when you have me here :stuck_out_tongue:

His rankings have always been “interesting”, he does his best work replying to messages with essentially an essay haha

15 Likes

So to compare more specifically. Is he more in the game style of Sam Mitchell, Priddis, Paul Haselby or dare I ask…Smokin Joe Misiti?

Smokin Joe, don’t mind it

Yeah essentially in their mould, he will never have an issue finding the pill he just won’t damage you on the outside so it sometimes makes those touches he accumulates on the outside redundant, iron out the kicking and you have a sure AFL player, not Clarke levels of bad but it’s still a concern.

2 Likes

Goooood. Good. Keep talking up those concerns. Pick 34. Welcome to Essendon Jack Bytel.

1 Like