Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

Haiden Scloithe from the WAFL. Will have as big an impact as Tim Kelly.

3 Likes

I’m available and far from skinny!

10 Likes

Not a great deal of interest being shown this year according to his manager.

Aaron Heppell?

1 Like

Grigg or a Benfti special with our late pick

10 Likes

What sort of pick upgrade would we get for 62??
Unlikely IMO. Given we need two picks.

Watch a video of him kick.
It’s agricultural.

2 Likes

Would Grigg make us better or am I buying into hype

I wasn’t impressed by the clip I posted.

I don’t think he pushes out Langford, not even close, but I think he’s better than Clarke and Mutch at this point.
Don’t really know why we’d chase him. Not even close to top of our needs.

1 Like

Yep, agree 100%.

1 Like

Horrible player. Stationary half back. Zero penetration by foot, can’t run. Don’t like his brother much either. And besides, they’re is only Matty Lloyd!

I can only see pick trading valid for teams who want to load up in this draft and are prepared to drop a few places to do so or sides with plenty of draft picks.

Eg North might be interested in 34 in exchange for 48 and 49 because they won’t use that many selections.

I’m not sure how we turn 34 into a higher selection unless it involves live trading it with say a 2019 second rounder.

Gold Coast might entertain that given they might be done drafting after the first round almost. Not sure if you can live trade next year’s draft picks?

Could we trade pick 34 and use of the Hangar Gym after hours to North Melbourne for one of their first rounders?

7 Likes

With three mature players in, GHS, Miles, Hombsch, Ellis, maybe promoting Holman, and picks 2/3/6 I can definitely see GCS trading out some later picks. Either that or they cut half their list.

Tippa’s cuz please!

10 Likes

I like how he kicked three goals, but only one on his left, and only one on his right.

3 Likes

I’m just looking at it now. Ignoring rookies, I have them currently
In:
Miles, Ellis, Horlin-Smith, Hombsch, Corbett, Burgess, Collins
Out:
Lynch, Scrimshaw, Hall, May, Kolodjashnij, Rosa, Barlow, Rischitelli

Which is 7 in, 8 out, which gives them 1 open list spot?

So presumably they’ve got at least two more delistings just to use their top 10 picks. And they also have 24 & 29, which aren’t exactly picks you just throw in the bin.

4 Likes

Since we have 2 x 2019 2nds, and 2 x 2019 4ths you’d think one of each may come into play to try upgrade 34

Can we live trade 2019 draft picks?

If not there isn’t a lot we could do with 34 and 66.

Edit. Yes we can.

Good O. Our spare future 2nd rounder will be on the table for the suns scraps they won’t use.

2 Likes