Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

This is starting to bug me…for whom are you waiting?

I’d be prepared to give you blokes a spray.

1 Like

If I could think of a pun on Anopheles, it’d be an awfully silly one.

But I’ll take a little fly at it.

Get a life

1 Like

Probably just a little prick.
Destined for Hawthorn

1 Like

Stung by question marks over his defensive side Mosquito has bitten back and is often seen sucking the life out his coaches for feedback. He has become such a potent weapon, that he has instilled in others a similarly feverish attack on the ball and man in his team’s forward line.

2 Likes

My questions about Foley are…

1. Why was he overlooked last year, and has he developed his game since?
  2. Could he be a story similar to Guelfi and if so, hurry up and draft him?

**[quote=“willie_dick, post:438, topic:14361, full:true”]
Ely smith is like a big bull - like the look of him.

Td1 what are your thoughts on WA’s Foley - he looks a nice size and player. Will he be around at 34?
[/quote]

Smith looks like he could offer similar value to that of Siers at Collingwood. We could use that type of role in our midfield.

Just wasn’t good enough to be drafted last year, don’t believe he was injured

Not sure yet, Guelfi has shown more versatility which helped him start earlier

1 Like

I like the sound of this kid. Needs to tidy up some of his ball use and work on his inside game but he looks like a natural wingman who has pace, can run all day and works hard both ways. Also hits the scoreboard fairly regularly as well, which is handy.

Some more info on him here:

FYI, they have him sitting in the 30-60 range - works for us.

1 Like

I’m starting to think that unless you have a weapon, contested mark or top 5% pace or just get a metric ftonne of the ball, then poor disposal is a big permanent marker through your name.

8 Likes

Only reason Clarke still has question marks.

1 Like

Avagoodweekend

1 Like

I took it as constructive criticism from one of the most respected members of Blitz.

I also sobbed myself to sleep.

1 Like

Marks to Reboot for the Mortein reference. Marks to youngbarry for mainting the impotent rage

Wow, that was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Keeping in mind how young he is (just made the draft class), and his height, there is a lot of potential there for him to work on overcoming any strength/tackling issues in a professional environment.

1 Like

Why so tsetse?

3 Likes

It is stereotypical but we should take best available/most talented at 34.

My preference is a small zippy forward who is a natural goal kicker as I think we are very vulnerable if Fantasia goes down.

After that I would be drafting attributes rather than specific players. I feel our team is good enough at the moment so would be willing to go more high risk/reward later in the draft but they need something that makes them very dangerous and potential to be a very good player.

• best runner (who can play well enough)
  • best kick (who gets enough of it)

And then we should rookie;

• best indigenous kid
  • mature ruckmen

N.Hind

2 Likes

Marks to this dik hed for getting it wrong. Aerogard, not Mortein. Aveagoodweegend youngbazza

1 Like

One game. Giantroos uploads are always “all involvements from a game”, which makes them very valuable for assessing strengths and weaknesses. In time he might upload some of Turner’s other games as well, and you’ll be able to check out everything he did at the U18s champs without watching 8 hours of footage.

Of course you won’t get running patterns off the ball, but you normally get tackles and shepherds and classy goals and dropped marks.

Don’t compare them to a highlights package though. For instance I looked at a couple for Sam Walsh and was completely underwhelmed. And he’ll probably go #1.

But if you’ve got limited time I’d say this sort of package is way better than a highlights package to understand what you’re getting with the kids.

8 Likes