Pick 34 - Who Do We Take?

I’m going to stop you there.

13 Likes

I’d seriously consider taking stack at our pick

2 Likes

And not just him.
Plenty should be pulled up at the barrier.

I’m not sure why people feel the need to make fun of nino, but it’s getting pretty old. He’s okay

8 Likes

Depends what type of player

Assuming the same level of ability - decent-to-good.

A small forward, or quick wing type would be pretty close. We’ve cut almost all of our depth there.

An inside mid, ruck or KPP, almost no chance.

1 Like

Agree. Well as much as one can say anything without knowing who we have drafted yet…

But if they do make their way in then they’ll be a very impressive pick given the players you’ve listed.

1 Like

Dodoro has said he’s comfortable with our depth and he’ll take the best available talent.

Yes, i should have added:
*barring any Dodoro specials like Raz.

He is doing some of his best work with these late picks.

3 Likes

Crazy X factor could be anything but likely bust at every pick. Do it Jackets, play to win (but probably lose, but maybe win).

2 Likes

As long as he gets somebody with Hird like ability with one of our last picks then i’ll be happy.

3 Likes

That might be a tactical statement, or it might be his honest view.
I don’t agree with it either way.

We played Colyer, Jerrett and Green through the forward flank/pocket last year; and Baguley (31yo) most of the year

That’s a pretty obvious weak spot in the list, for mine.

4 Likes

One?

WHY ARE YOU ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY!?one?!??

1 Like

Reckon for the small forward we have good coverage. There is Bags, along with Fantasia and Tippa.
But Zerrett and Smith would be valuable to rotate through the forward line. Didn’t Merrett say he needed to do more goal kicking? Plus McGrath as another option.

SACK WOOSHA!

I actually think we’re ok. With a forward line that can feature any of Raz, Walla, Smith, Begley, Baguley, Daniher, Brown, Stringer, McKernan & Stewart i don’t think it’s panic time.

A small forward is probably our most obvious need but not to the extent that we should select one over a better player of a different position. Just my opinion.

one at a time??

1 Like

Who does number 39 work for

2 Likes

We’re going to take Jacob Koschitzke and we’re going to like it.

2 Likes

The first three are already in the side. The last ones weaken the midfield if moved out.

At the moment, the only real small(ish) forward depth we have is Begley, coming off a knee injury. IMO Long is a winger. Anyone of this type selected is a chance of game time in 2019 if we have just one or two injuries in the wrong part of the ground.

1 Like