Pick 48

I want to go on a Caleb Mourish-style ride where the Blitz hype train hears about us potentially picking up a hidden gem that the club possibly could have told to hide away from playing so nobody else can observe him play, only for us to not select that player. Or maybe come up with another Ricky Mott story!

1 Like

We could use our last rookie pick for any of those options.
Would Tiwi BNF winner come under our Category B list Next Gen academy anyway at the Tiwi?
Im Sure Benfti would be happy with 1 rookie selection.

1 Like

… is going to be a gun.

It’ll take its toll though.

Should get one of the Carlton top brass…I hear a few of them know a bit about disposal (a couple of concrete blocks and a boat).

3 Likes

You’d think Cassidy Parrish would be a high profile, good news story in an otherwise low profile and boring draft period for us.

1 Like

I cant believe someone hasn’t already listed a history of all pick 48s for our discussion

4 Likes

My god this thread is going to be painful

5 Likes

Pick 48 averages 52 games and pick 6 averages 53 :grinning:

11 Likes

In the first draft Essendon had…(drumroll)… PICK 48 and we picked:
Stephen Riley from North Adelaide.
Played 0 matches with Essendon.

2 Likes

Chance Bateman and Darren Milburn were picked at 48.

but our 48 might end up at 50+, with academy/father son selections etc
Pick 55 is almost as good as pick 6:) Fantasia and Robbie Gray, Sam Fisher, Chris Newman

1 Like

Mutch was a pick in the 40s last year. We have as much (npi) chance of getting a good player in the 40s as we would with picks in the 20s and 30s. There is too much belief that you can rank all the available talent definitively, when in fact, they all have different backgrounds, different builds, different rates of development etc, and no-one can reliably predict how they will turn out. Sure the first 10 or 15 have a better chance, but after that, it is all over the place,
Fantasia, Tippa, Silvagni, Sicily,were all picks 50+.

4 Likes

Ricky Dyson still knocks about in the EDFL I think.

Maybe a third rounder for Dyson

5 Likes

Be nice to pick up a Danny Morgan/ Andrew Bomford type with 48

Trent Mynott is my prefered choice, has expressed an interest to interstate clubs that he wants to stay in Victoria which has seen him fall down the order a bit, for me he would be a bargain at pick 48 he is a nice size for an inside mid and he knows where the goals are.

Also playing under Darren Bewick will help his chances with us haha

7 Likes

Geez our record at pick 48 is woeful and we can’t say we haven’t had a few cracks at it?!

Definitely lid on for mine!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

If only we had pick 47

3 Likes

Pick 48 is that gigolo we traded to GWS to Brisbane to St Kilda to GWS… and then it wasn’t used in the draft.

2 Likes

Oh yeak pick 48 got us edwards and aylett last we had it.

2 Likes