Pick who we will pick

I want 26 merrett

55 garlett

26. Apeness
55. Brown

Ideally that's what we need.

I reckon 1 genuine ruck if we're going 2 talls.
Eg Lobb + Brown

I reckon whoever's best.

I don't know if we *need* need another real genuine can-only-play-there ruckman, at least given the confines of this year's list & picks.

In fact, if we get a kid who can genuinely play both (or at least provide a genuine contest in the ruck & take 3-4 marks a game forward) then we're probably free to use the 2nd pick on whatever we want (ie Garlett). Which would be good too.

ie

26 Apeness

55 Garlett

and if he's gone, then

26: Best small (Merrett, Dumont, whoever)

55: Brown

Rookie pick 9: Best small forward

26 Merrett

55 Brown

We should only take a guy who can play both ruck and forward in my book.

We should only take a guy who can play both ruck and forward in my book.

Would rather him play out on the ground not in your book

Would expect one of these two combos:

26.  Fwd/ruck

55.  Mid/fwd

or

26. Best mid or fwd/mid
55. Fwd/ruck

I think it will be the latter with Apeness & Lobb likely gone before us.

So I'll go with:

26.  Dumont/Crouch or Garlett

55.  Brown/Conlon

On afl.com.au Callum Twomy has us picking Merrett with 26 in his phantom draft, also says

If Dayle Garlett is still available at pick 55, the Bombers will take a very hard look. He trained with the club for a week last year but it is believed the team's leadership group was not in favour of picking him. The Bombers have made it clear they want to recruit a ruckman at some point, and recently showed Ben Brown around their new facility. The 199cm ruck/forward would fill a need, as would Darcy Cameron. There has been some interest in Frankston defender Scott Simpson, who is 24, and half-forward James Sicily is a chance. The club has offered NSW scholarship player Jedd Clothier a place in its VFL team next season if he doesn't get drafted.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-19/phantom-draft-how-the-top-30-shapes-up

Of course there was a Frankston defender in there...

26. Apeness
55. Brown

Ideally that's what we need.
I reckon 1 genuine ruck if we're going 2 talls.
Eg Lobb + Brown
I reckon whoever's best.
I don't know if we *need* need another real genuine can-only-play-there ruckman, at least given the confines of this year's list & picks.
In fact, if we get a kid who can genuinely play both (or at least provide a genuine contest in the ruck & take 3-4 marks a game forward) then we're probably free to use the 2nd pick on whatever we want (ie Garlett). Which would be good too.
ie
26 Apeness
55 Garlett
and if he's gone, then
26: Best small (Merrett, Dumont, whoever)
55: Brown
Rookie pick 9: Best small forward
I don't disagree. I'd be a bit worried with 2 players recruited for the ruck/fwd role. 1 and a different sort, be that a mid or a taller guy works for me.
I said the ruck based on getting a diverse mix of talls, but it all depends on the individual players.
I think we need 2 talls out of 4 picks. Working out how those should be chosen, and what types of talls is the challenge...

Imagine if we drafted Sikora at 26 for lolz.

Won't happen, doesn't play for Frankston.

If he was serious about getting on Essendon's list he would leave our VFL team and sign for Frankston. I mean we have a part time recruiter working as coach of Frankston.

Who do we have at our VFL team to report back to the recruiting staff about VFL blokes we have there who should prehaps be given a shot on the Senior list.

If he was serious about getting on Essendon's list he would leave our VFL team and sign for Frankston. I mean we have a part time recruiter working as coach of Frankston.

Who do we have at our VFL team to report back to the recruiting staff about VFL blokes we have there who should prehaps be given a shot on the Senior list.

The coach that we employ?

The coach that we employ?

Darn me for assuming my sarcasm was evident.

Just a dig a certain posters who seem to believe that the recruiting staff are deliberately overlooking talent simply in order to keep some kind of make believe alliance with the Frankston VFL team intact.

26. Crouch

55. Boyd

Rookie: Jack Martin

Rookie: Baulderstone

26. Crouch

55. Boyd

No way Baulderstone will slide that far.

My mail* is you're all going to be incredibly disappointed with who we pick.

*or, intuition

1. Steven Jones
  2. Brian Smith

My mail* is you're all going to be incredibly disappointed with who we pick.
*or, intuition

Way ahead of you.
I'm pretty much resigned to us picking up a ruckman and a backman when I want a small forward and inside mid.

26. Crouch

55. Boyd

No way Baulderstone will slide that far.

What makes you think that?

Someone I spoke to said he didn't think he was up to the next level. Just because he's been mentioned ad nauseum on Blitz doesn't mean he's that good, or that anyone cares about him.

If we don't pick him I doubt anyone will

That was a joke based on the other selections TomsDons had made. Wasn't great execution obviously.

That was a joke based on the other selections TomsDons had made. Wasn't great execution obviously.

Thick as a rock, he is