Places you visited as a child

Freshwater creek between Geelong and Nglesea had a giant milk bottle made out of milk bottles. I think it had a slide in it.

That thing got struck by lightning, which would’ve been one hell of a racket, not to mention the biggest clean up bill this side of Beirut.

One of the first places l can remember being taken to was a grove of giant red gum trees out the back of Apollo Bay. l wasn't quite 4 years old, and my sister was about 2. Mum took a picture of us on her old Kodak Brownie Box camera, which gave excellent results due to the size of the negatives, about 3" X 2", despite their simple mechanism and single lens. She took a shot of us standing in front of one of one of the gum trees. At the time it was the biggest tree l had ever seen and l thought it reached all the way to the sky and actually brushed the clouds.l thought it was Enid Blyton's Magic Far Away tree, and that if l could climb it, l would end up in some fantastic world with Moonface.

Twenty years later while l was at college l managed to get back down to Apollo Bay and of course had to go see Paradise. ln total area it looked like it had been reduced, but the same wonderful red gums were still there, still impressive in their size and stature.   

Captain? You talkin bout the sequoias? Probably around Lavers Hill. Pretty amazing seeing them pop up out of no where.

If you aren’t, well, someone planted a heap of sequoias, which I think are also called Californian red wood. Like the ones on Endor in Return of the Jedi. It’s a bit off the beaten path, but if you’re ever taking the back road to Apollo Bay, it’s worth a stop I was there probably 7 years ago.

First place I ever remember going as a kid was the Big Pineapple and the House of Bottles in Qld. Still have memories of being a little kid at Luna Park in Sydney, and used to ride the minibikes at the Sydney Showgrounds, as well as going to the wrestling at the Horden Pavilion for wrestlers like Killer Kowalski, Andre the Giant, Mario Milano and Ron Miller. Also remember places like Puffing Billy, Sovereign Hill, 12 Apostles, Dog on the Tuckerbox, Caves in Margaret River, climbing Bluff Knoll and the Gloucester Tree in SW WA , Nullabor Plain, Wilpena Pound in SA and climbing Ayers Rock. All before I was 15

Parliament House and the Big Orange.

Isn't the reason Lone star steak house, which took over from Sizzler, closed because the found gizm in the potato salad?

Lol haven't heard that one for about 15 years! Totally forgot

Fun City in sunshine, Had the laser tag and go karts.

Went to its new location in sunshine recently. The dark zone is no where near good as the old one, and the go-karts are now an absolute rip off. The original one is still in the same location in braybrook but is now called something else.

Anybody go to Ringwood ice skating rink?

Think it's either a wood shop or right down the guts of Eastlink.

great times in year 9, Port and Pepsi...

How about St Moritz ice skating rink in St Kilda?

Went to a ice-skating rink in Centre Road in Oakleigh in the 70's. May even still be there.

First place I ever remember going as a kid was the Big Pineapple and the House of Bottles in Qld. Still have memories of being a little kid at Luna Park in Sydney, and used to ride the minibikes at the Sydney Showgrounds, as well as going to the wrestling at the Horden Pavilion for wrestlers like Killer Kowalski, Andre the Giant, Mario Milano and Ron Miller. Also remember places like Puffing Billy, Sovereign Hill, 12 Apostles, Dog on the Tuckerbox, Caves in Margaret River, climbing Bluff Knoll and the Gloucester Tree in SW WA , Nullabor Plain, Wilpena Pound in SA and climbing Ayers Rock. All before I was 15

[spoiler] Old housemate once went out with the dude who's job it was to put the gold in the panning river at Sovereign Hill [/spoiler]

Leisureworld.

Old housemate once went out with the dude who's job it was to put the gold in the panning river at Sovereign Hill

Lol. I used to know a guy who got paid to joust and get hung twice a day.

They took me to Greece when I was 4. I don’t remember much other than this clock made out of flowers in Patra. They also used to do road trips to Melbourne but they stopped because I’d get sick every hour :frowning:

Old housemate once went out with the dude who's job it was to put the gold in the panning river at Sovereign Hill
Lol. I used to know a guy who got paid to joust and get hung twice a day.

I think you meant "hanged"cause I'd hope parents aren't takin kids to see well hung knights

I'm bitterly disapointed I was not yet a boomerang thrower when I went to the intersection of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.

went several times to Sandhurst Town, up at Eaglehawk. Along the same line as Sovereign Hill, but far less grandiose. They had a little train you rode around in, and a bloke would rush out of a little bark hut dressed as either a trooper or bushranger and scare the living ■■■■ out of unsuspecting visitors with a blackpowder charge from an old Snyder musket.

As a kid, I loved it, but I suspect it was utter rubbish and its certainly long-gone.

Went to Maldon long before it was trendy to, all I recall was a shop which had Return of the Jedi icy poles long after they had been out stock elsewhere. Winner!

Leisureworld.

HA!

I remember my primary school camps.

Had one down near Port Campbell that use to be an old prison farm.

Had one near ballarat that i cant remember to much about.

I go to Melbourne every year with Dad, Grandpa (and Brother since he was old enough) since I was about 6. One year we went to Windy Hill, looking around, admiring it, Mark Harvey came up to us, said hi, we said hi, gave us a guided tour for half an hour? I do not remember it AT ALL. But I do remember the mural on the wall in the rooms and not knowing where it was until I put 2 and 2 together and realised that was that trip I don't remember.