Play on

I hope we seek clarification from the umpiring department, because tonight was ridiculous. We were constantly under pressure because even when we took a mark, play doesn’t stop for more than 2 seconds. Yet the saints got their full quota of time, every time.

Play on… Mark, try to settle… Play on… :frowning:

Shocking…

Fark off with the umpire blaming, we were pathetic

Good point.... Play on.... Get tackled.... Turnover..

I think the umps were trying to help us. Fast ball movement guys!

No ■■■■. We were terrible. But either we are doing something wrong when we go back after a mark, or we are being subtly screwed. If we are doing it wrong, we need to know.

That’s not what cost us.

Yeah, this isn’t why we lost, but it just assists the flood of defenders pushing back and forth by adding another layer of pressure to the kicker. Totally unnecessary and probably thought to be a good idea by the same people that think banning backwards kicks is a good idea.

Feels like it’s been happening since the knights days so it’s probably us.

We were terrible, the umpiring however was terrible too, the play on call all night was a joke.

I understand the umpire hate re the play on stuff, but just no. It wouldn’t have been an issue if we had ANYONE working hard to provide a link up option.

It’s been like this for a number of years now. Not relevant tonight.

Move on.

We were terrible, the umpiring however was terrible too, the play on call all night was a joke.

I completely agree wi.. .. Play on

Put that one in your pocket and let it burn all week. We be a massive wake up call for Anzac day

At least the loss will lengthen our Anzac Day odds.

Glad pies won too sick of everyone saying roos are a top 8 side

Yep.
Don't agree with how they called it, but they were consistent. One side realised & adjusted - one side did not.

I dont think this thread was intended to blame the umpires for a loss, but it was fkg ridiculous how often they would call play on 1 second after a mark even if a player looked off his line. Id certainly be asking for clarification

also, leigh Fisher us a fkg ■■■■■ umpire. Decisions both ways…staggering

You can jitter and stutter all the fark you want. Unless the bloke goes off his line it AIN’T PLAY ON. FFS.

You can jitter and stutter all the fark you want. Unless the bloke goes off his line it AIN'T PLAY ON. FFS.

Turning your upper body slightly, is moving off your line these days.

That decision is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

We should never have been in the position where it actually mattered