Players who missed out of the AFL Draft

Hey guys does anyone have a link of a list of players who missed out on being drafted last night? If not can you post a couple of names that didn’t get called out.

Peter Bampton

Peter Bampton

Was he the guy who ran the 6 minute 9 second 20m sprint?

Peter Bampton

not sure but he was the guy from norwood, who has been injured, gun inside mid, but is a bit slow.

id be happy to rookie him & Long.

he was rated a top ten prospect as a 17 year old.

Norwood coach Ben Warren, who says the teenager‘s inside contested ball winning ability is elite.

“He‘s also the hardest working guy on the track and he has a terrific attitude,‘‘ Warren says.

Bampton missed the entire national under-18 carnival after hurting ligaments in his ankle.

Shane Yarran

Tyler Keitel
Height: 194 cm, Weight: 86 kg, DOB: 07/02/1996
Club: East Perth
Position: Key Forward, Key Defender
U18 Statistics
n/a
Draft Combine
4th – Clean Hands
Highlights
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-20/draft-prospect-tyler-keitel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3FNIkgbrIs
Chris25
Pick 56
Position: Forward, Defender
Everyone loves a KPP, and Tyler Keitel flashed enough potential at the U18 Championships this year to gather a few fans and become almost one of the 'big name' players in this years draft. He's been a bit all over the place in terms of BigFooty speculation, one week being a top 10 pick and the next he is back in the second round. It seems as though he has settled into a fringe first round pick at the moment, but he could probably stand to drop a little further in my opinion. A lot may well depend on what role clubs view him as being best suited.
Always a talented player, Keitel was playing as more of a half forward a few years ago before a growth spurt suddenly took him to key position height and opened up a bunch of new opportunities. The 2013 WAFL Colts season saw him play as a genuine key forward for the first time consistently, even rotating through the ruck with his newfound height. And it was a successful underage age season, averaging over 5 marks a game and kicking 39 goals in 18 matches. Keitel was also selected as a 17 year old in the WA squad for the 2013 U18 Championships. At times when he was playing in the ruck, he'd float down into the back lines - but he was a forward first and foremost. And not much has changed in 2014. Back in the WAFL Colts for East Perth, he is averaging nearly the exact same figures - 5 marks and just over 2 goals a game. The only difference is that he is staying in the forward half, as opposed to going into the ruck too.
So heading into the U18 Championships, Keitel figured as one of the key players for Western Australia and the best of a talented but underperforming group of talls. And overall, I'd say Keitel was good without being great. His best game was easily in Round 3 against South Australia - kicking 3 goals and 3 behinds from 13 disposals and 7 marks. That game was very promising, he was marking everything coming his way and he was simply too good for the South Australian defenders. It was that one match that saw him jump into top 10 calculations on BigFooty. But, Keitel only kicked 1 other goal in the remaining 5 matches of the Championships. Part of that was due to him doing more work around CHF as opposed to the goal square, but also because he was moved into the back lines for one of the few times in his career. Injury to Dylan Winton and a lack of other options saw Keitel moved back, and I was pleased with what he showed. So much so, that I would seriously consider developing him as a defender. The fact that he wasn't always key position height really showed in his willingness to run the ball out of the back lines. He's surprisingly agile for someone his size, and isn't afraid to take the game on. And his ability in the air translated well into his role as a defender. Still confident enough to go for his marks, Keitel also proved himself as a capable spoiler and read the incoming ball well enough to know when and where to drop back to.
I think I covered a lot of his strengths already - agility, versatility, overhead ability, confidence. Another pleasing aspect is the way he just finds the ball. Throughout his career at both WAFL Colts and U18 Championships level, Keitel has always averaged around 15 disposals a game. He's not one who will generally go missing for long periods, because he can play further up the ground and find his own ball if he is struggling deep.
But as I mentioned at the start, I don't view him as a certain top 20 pick. And a large part of that is because I don't view him as a #1 tall at either end of the ground. Up forward, he projects best as a second tall - more that leading forward who plays around CHF. Like Jarrad Waite at Carlton, who is a very good player with quality around him but struggles as the main target himself. And it's a similar case down back. With more experience, he could well develop into more of a key defender. But at the moment, I see him as more of that third tall - dropping back from CHB to help out defensively and then rebounding. Otherwise, I think he could stand to improve his work rate defensively in terms of chasing and tackling. He just looks a lot more interested when there is the chance that he gets the ball himself.
And when it comes to draft position, predicting where talls go is one of the hardest things to pick. In recent years there have been a few different trends - the first round tends to be the talented and consistently performing talls, the second round features those with enough traits to suggest they could develop into a #1 tall with time and then the third round is more those who are good but project more as second or third talls. So where does Tyler Keitel fit? Well, it'll probably be different for every club and what they see his role as being. Best case in my mind would be something similar to Ryan Schoenmakers at Hawthorn, a talented swingman. Worst case would be more along the lines of Jackson Paine - a capable tall, but you'd still be looking to upgrade if possible. So using them as a guide, that would mean a draft range of anywhere from 16 to 50 - although dropping out of the top 40 would be a bit of a surprise.
Knightmare
No single write up, some comments:

I just haven't been big on his production. Keitel has played a mix of key forward and key defence but I've just hoped for a higher level or dominance in a draft class dominated so heavily by dominant key forwards and key defenders. Keitel hasn't got the same production or the same top end talent for me. He hasn't elevated his game with his numbers lower than last year, hasn't played at all at WAFL League level and does not give off the sense of the same scope to develop given his limited improvement this year and early season birthday.
His two big games of six and eight goals in consecutive weeks are the headline stories and should get him drafted but at the end of the day you have to say no to some of the talls (as you'll see going through my power rankings I like a lot of them) and at the end of the day of those more lower end talls I like the scope to develop particularly of some of those academy guys specifically given many of them are newer to the game and showing much more rapid development and some more intriguing traits than what I'm seeing from Keitel.

McDonald definitely ahead of Keitel as a key defender. McDonald is terrific and one of the best performed players in the TAC this season.

Paige Cardonas
Projected draft range: 15-30
Plays like: Lachie Henderson
Tyler Keitel has been immersed in first round discussions for a few months now. However, he realistically may fall through to the second round, depending on movement higher up the board. Thanks largely to a well-documented growth spurt, Keitel‘s development as a key position player rather than a flanker has seen him taste action in a variety of roles, including defence and even in the ruck. In terms of his abilities as a key position prospect, his recovery is fantastic: if he goes to ground, he bounces straight back up, and has a willingness to play high half forward, which is a natural instinct that has stemmed from when he was a smaller flanker. He is mobile and athletic, and possesses a terrific leap at the ball. With those traits alone, he is highly regarded as a player who could mature into a damaging swingman at the next level. In defence, he is aggressive and physical, given he spoils well and doesn‘t mind body-on-body scraps in a duelling contest, which was on full displayed in battles with Patrick McCartin and Darcy Moore. Keitel has a lot of swagger about him, possessing a certain cockiness and arrogance in small doses that you want out of your key forward or defender. Overall, he strikes me as your second best key forward or defender as opposed to the number one, which is why he falls down the order fractionally.
Skippos
Pick 35
Comparison: Mitch W. Brown
He had an up and down championships, at times looking like an elite prospect and at times looking not up to the grade. I sit a bit in the middle, I think he's a good prospect but not an elite one - he just seems to lack an elite trait and I've found players who are just solid players across the board don't seem to make it. His hands are clean and his ability at ground level is above par. His movement is nice and overhead he's solid. He's a hard worker who follows up at ground level to good effect given his solid ability below the knees. He's always thinking and is in general a smart footballer who's effective on the lead and a solid kick for goal.
Occasionally he can panic a bit under pressure but that's nothing that can't be rectified. In defense he's a solid prospect who's able to negate his opponent to a reasonable standard and is able to involve himself in the link up rebound play as well as win contests at ground level. He just lacks a hard edge and doesn't seem to dominate games like a franchise KPF would. I think he's better forward than back, though. To me he comes across as someone who's going to be a role player in a successful team kicking one or two goals a game but nothing more.
Bulldogs
#27, KD
The Bulldogs need key defenders and would certainly be looking a take one at either 26 or 27. With North going for McDonald, the WA key defender Keitel provides an excellent alternative. At 194cm he is 2 or 3cms short of the ideal key defender height however he has a hard edge to him and is very combative. He acquitted himself well in the Championships playing on the highly rated Vic forwards.
Bound for Glory
Written 11 August
Position: Key forward/defender
Strengths: Contested marking, consistency, endurance, agility, mobility, versatility
Areas for improvement: Defensive development, hasn‘t played senior football
Player comparison: Mitch Brown (Geelong)
Another likely type who has thrown his name up off the back of a successful national carnival, Tyler Keitel has been immersed in first round discussions for a few months now. Realistically however, may fall through early in the second round depending on movement higher up the board.
A well-documented growth spurt over the past 24 months has helped Keitel‘s development as a key position player rather than a midfielder-■■■-flanker. That has seen him taste action in a variety of roles including defence and even in the ruck.
Keitel was impressive last year as a bottom-age prospect for WA at the National Championships. Then a ruckman who spent time up forward, he showed glimpses of what he had to offer, with a great turn of foot, deceptive speed and a natural instinct to find the ball and launch himself in the air and over packs to take contested marks.
During 2013, Keitel spent his time predominantly forward while offering rotations through the ruck for East Perth, bagging 39 goals that season from his 18 Colts games, including an average of 15.8 disposals and 5.2 marks per game.
Fast-forward to 2014, and Keitel is still playing Colts football and tracking at an average of two goals and five marks per game, off 10 games to date this season.
Although he‘s averaging slightly less disposals this year, with just 12.2 per game, his development into a swingman off the back of the National Championships has see him gravitate to defence, in which his ability to spoil and play a close checking role has been frequently commended.
Since WA teammate Dylan Winton went down with an ankle injury in the first game of the Nationals, it paved the way for Keitel to try his hand in a defence, a position he had previously only once played. He took to it like a duck to water, and the plaudits came thick and fast for the way he adapted to the role without fuss.
In terms of his abilities as a key tall, his recovery is fantastic. If he goes to ground he bounces straight back up, and has a willingness to play high half forward, which is a natural instinct that has stemmed from when he was a midfielder. His leading patterns are sound, he has the endurance to push hard for a lead high up the ground, and run back hard to force himself into a dangerous position, which often tires out his direct opponent.
He is mobile and athletic, and has a terrific leap at the ball. With those traits alone, he is highly regarded as a player who could gravitate into a damaging swingman at the next level. In defence, he is aggressive and physical, he spoils well and doesn‘t mind body-on-body scraps in a contest, which he demonstrated when he played on both Patrick McCartin and Darcy Moore.
Keitel has a lot of swagger and possesses a certain cockiness and arrogance in small doses that you want out of your key forward or defender. He has confidence and is quite comfortable holding down his own but in particular he strikes me as your second best key forward or defender, not the number one which is why he falls down the order fractionally.
The other pleasing aspect is Keitel remains in the game across four quarters. Because of that endurance and agility and of course his versatility to play up the ground, he finds the ball with ease whether down back or deep forward.
In terms of areas for further development, a club will most certainly develop him as a defender first given he has shown a natural ability to play a close checking role, whilst he can kick multiple scores up forward. Particularly as a defender he could back himself more which is something that will come with further development in that position. At this stage, his focus is on killing the ball and keeping his opponent quiet, but he showed on a few occasions he could back himself to take a mark and move the ball on quickly.
When it comes to his draft range, a lot depends on where clubs believe his best football will be played and whether or not he is somebody that could feature early, or be a bit more of a development project. A fair assessment is that he‘s somewhere in the second round, but I wouldn‘t be surprised to see him go early after a solid championships and consistent form at Colts level over the past 24 months.
What you get with Keitel is an athletic yet bullocking key position player who still thinks he‘s a midfielder. His endurance base is better than average for players of his size, and in particular his versatility and marking game are elite. For a team that is looking to bring in key position reinforcements without specifically looking for a number one defender or forward, Keitel is your man.

Peter Bampton
Height: 182 cm, Weight: 83 kg, DOB: 15/04/1996
Club: Norwood
Position: Midfielder
U18 Statistics
?
Draft Combine
n/a
Highlights
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/draft-prospect-peter-bampton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-VZWfkKgNQ
Chris25
40. midfielder
Knightmare
Pick 29, #18 talent   Pick 47, #21 talent
Mid
Draft range: 15-40
Best position/role: Midfield – on the ball.
Strengths
Inside game – Bampton‘s point of difference is his inside game. He is a terrific inside extractor as someone who consistently wins the contested ball and then gives it off to outside runners by hand. He is clean by hand and has the composure inside to find his targets and the best targets inside the contest. He goes in harder than anyone else into the contest showing real aggression and a hard attack on the ball and will consistently win the ground balls. He does all the off the ball work delivering hard bumps and shepherding as applicable. When he tackles guys, he really tackles them with ferocity. He has the strength over the ball where he will not get knocked off it showing the strength to beat more mature competition to the contested ball.
Aggression – Bampton consistently demonstrates a hard edge inside the contest and really attacks every contest with a real hard intent to win the footy, he buries guys in his tackles and will deliver hard bumps around the contest.
Immediate impact – Having performed and performed exceptionally well against men at SANFL league level in 2013 and early 2014 it can reasonably be expected that Bampton can play regular senior AFL games from season one.
Strength – Has good strength in the contest really barrelling through at force and has good AFL weight already on his frame at 83kg.
Endurance – Runs all day and gets to every contest, runs a 15+ beep.
Off the ball work – Bampton frequently when involved inside the contest will give it off by hand and then look to put in a hard bump on opposition players to let them know that he is there. He is also willing to bump around the field and shepherd as appropriate.
Ability to draw free kicks - Bampton has shown a real knack for drawing free kicks as someone who can draw high tackles and by going in lower and harder than others into the contest.
Skillset – By hand Bampton is terrific and is an excellent inside extractor finding the outside runners and in congestion choosing the best option consistently, showing real composure with ball in hand and summing up his options well. By foot while not overly penetrating or damaging he is a mostly safe but efficient kick who shows a willingness to lower his eyes and find the best targets. By foot he is also a relatively good kick into the forward 50 as someone who for leading targets will kick it out in front of them to lead onto. By hand and foot whether in space or congestion Bampton makes the right decisions and it all shows with his excellent disposal efficiency at SANFL league level. Bampton has clean hands and rarely fumbles.
Weaknesses
Outside game – Bampton while an efficient user of the footy is not likely to do much damage outside the contest as not an overly penetrating kick or a threat to break the lines. He also does not find a whole lot of outside ball as a genuine inside player at this stage doing his best work and finding most of his footy inside at this point. He will need to learn where to run and more frequently find the open spaces to present as more of an option around the ground.
Athleticism – As an athlete while Bampton gets by and moves sufficiently well to adjust seamlessly to play at the next level he is not a threat to break the lines, sidestep guys or outleap anyone in game.
Ability forward of centre – Bampton can occasionally sneak forward and hit the scoreboard but at this stage it is not a feature of his game.

What I expect will improve: I expect the natural improvement of Bampton‘s inside game to continue and to become more and more dominant. I also anticipate Bampton makes going forward and having an impact a more prominent component to his game. While he likely never becomes overly proficient outside the contest I anticipate Bampton will with time begin to find more outside ball.
Who he can become? I see Bampton developing into a player of similar style and quality to Tom Liberatore as that hard but high level contested ball winner.
When will he be ready to play? Bampton is ready to play and play well from his first season and if healthy he is capable of debuting in round one if the opportunity is there given his proven performance over the past two seasons at SANFL League level. How to best utilise him? Bampton is best utilised as an on the ball through the midfield.
Interpretation of his numbers: SANFL League numbers these past couple of seasons through the midfield have been outstanding. His contested ball winning numbers are excellent. His disposal efficiency is good. He has shown that he can draw free kicks to a high standard. And he has shown that he can consistently win the contested ball against strong competition and be among the dominant midfielders on the ground which are all signs suggesting he can play right away.
Paige Cardonas
Pick 59
Position: Midfielder
Projected draft range: 20-60
Playes Like: Tom Liberatore
I‘m not quite sold by the comparison of Peter Bampton to that of Luke Dunstan, and the view of some that he is a top 20 prospect couldn‘t be further off. Yes, Bampton is a thick, burly lad who has more senior experience than any other draftee available. However, for all the hustle and bustle of his contested ball and ability to steamroll through congestion with three guys hanging off his back like a pack horse, he has a limited ceiling in terms of his growth as a player. He‘s got really smooth, clean hands and is a contested beast who can be relied upon to be that man to win the hard ball, and does have some toe – however, for me, that‘s where it stops. Where does his improvement come from? He‘s a one trick pony, no matter how damn good the trick is. In a day and age where versatility is king, Bampton just doesn‘t have any. He lacks penetration and polish by foot, and doesn‘t spread to win the outside ball as much as he should, and he isn‘t a goal kicker. I cannot fault his inside game which is strongly likened to the way Tom Liberatore plays, but whilst there are other inside players who have either speed or versatility to go alongside that grunt role, it‘s where Bampton tumbles down the order. He‘ll be fantastic for a club that just wants that inside role, as his application is first class.
Skippos
Pick 31 - Bullocking inside midfielder
Range: Top 25
Style: Brad Crouch/Ben Cunnington
Comparison: Luke Dunstan
Peter Bampton is a big bodied inside mid who should be ready to go season one not dissimilar to Luke Dunstan. Not only is he a high level extractor and clearance winner but his effort to win the ball is unparalleled. His burst speed is good with his ability to create space and distribute by hand reasonable. He's a powerful mover and someone who when he hits, it hurts. His agility and evasion is underrated and on occasion he shows shades of Brad Crouch with ball in hand. He's got elite endurance and impacts most contests. His performances in the SANFL both in 2013 and 2014 have been to a very high standard.
Bampton by foot isn't incredibly great. Normally the ball gets where he wants it to go but he's not someone whose hands you want the ball in. On occasion he blindly bombs it long out of the contest. He has an ability to find outside ball but needs to work on this more. His courage may cause him trouble through his career with his ruthless attack putting him at a much higher risk of injury.
Bampton should replicate Luke Dunstan's impact in his first season. He doesn't have as smooth a running style and isn't as solid by foot but on the inside he's more powerful and has a better burst. Ben Cunnington is perhaps his ceiling, with his ability to dominate games on the inside excellent but he just lacks versatility and other tricks.
Evaluation of his prospects: Bampton is a sure fire bet to make the grade. He's got the readymade game to impact early and keep his spot for a long career - the peak is just the question. Perhaps he lacks the strings to his bow to ever be top tier quality.
Emma Quayle
AFL biography: Hard running, strong bodied medium midfielder with an appetite for the contest. Has played senior football over the past couple of seasons for Norwood before injuring his ankle and missing the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Has an excellent ability to extract the footy from the stoppage and run hard forward. Averaging 19 disposals and three clearances at senior SANFL level.
Brenton Phillips, SANFL: "He just hasn't been able to get going because of injury, unfortunately. He had a bad shoulder and a bit of a foot or ankle problem so he couldn't get a run at the national championships and he would have been in our leadership group if not our captain. He's a quality individual who has a real team and club focus. He's worthy of a spot on a list. The question mark is his ability to cover the ground and spread from a contest, but he's a very good inside player."

Aceman

If Essendon can only pick up one of Bampton or Wilson, who would you choose?
I heard someone rated Bampton better than Aish at the same age, before he got injured.

Id probably take Bampton, just think he has a bit more upside than Wilson. Bampton has had his injuries but he is a very smart footballer for someone his age and I reckon he could have a real crack at it. All the people at Norwood still reckon at the same age he was more advanced than Aish and Dumont.
I love Wilson though for his raw excitement, would love to see him in an AFL environment and see what he is capable of. Chatting to a few hierachy at the club and they dont think Wilson will get picked up. They think Bampton, Panos and Baulderstone are the best bets

Q:Yo Aceman what do you think Bampton? Parker type? Some phantom draft I saw said he might fall into our lap.
A: Had a bad ankle injury which forced him to miss a couple of months this year but the kid is a jet. Just missed our GF side as a 17yo last year. Inside mid with a with a strong build. Bit shorter than Wines but similar build and ability to break tackles. Good disposal as well, would be one of the best out of SA this year
I really hope Bampton somehow gets to us, would slot straight in from round 1, very much in the Wines mould, strongly built lad who busts tackles with ease. Some concern over his injury early this year which means he may drop down the order

Who tested the best getting the hard ball against hardened men,surely they should have a test for that.

Trent Dumond from Norwood would be a shoe in considering he has nearly played all year in our league side and doesnt look out of place against guys with 200 games experience. Peter Bampton is another from Norwood, called the man child, only 17 but built like Adonis, when he bumps or tackles players they stay down, not scared of anything
Bampton being touted as next year's number 1 pick isn't he? Think I remember them gushing over him as a 16 year old in the foxtel cup a few months ago.

Any chance Chris Cain is a forward pocket goalsneak? Did well in the goalkicking and clean hands testing.

Pretty sure he's 26 years old or something. Skills are obviously going to be more refined than those of 18 year olds and at 26 you'd think he'■■■■■ his ceiling.
Completely forgot that Bampton has only turned 17 in April so that would mean he is ineligible for draft this year. Another year in Norwood's league side next year is a scary prospect, the kid is a unit

Peter Bampton

No, he's the guy who sung "Baby I love your way"

OK rant ahead.

Post draft is a bit like post VCE results, everyone focuses on who got picked up and we tend to forget there are a lot of shattered young men out there. Some will keep going, maybe the rucks who tend to get picked up later, but how many will drift away from footy now. Lots of teenagers aren't ready at 17/18, they need time to mature but the system as it stands is failing them. It's in their interests, and in the interests of struggling local leagues, that they keep playing footy. But young men need incentives.That's where the Rookie list is such a good thing, if it's kept out of the hands of the self interested. It's the second chance that offers genuine hope, just look at the players who've come through in the past.

I've been thinking about this and if I ruled the AFL world, and I clearly don't and won't, I'd introduce the following rules.

1.No ex listed players,  including other clubs, and a strict maximum of 2 years per player. If they haven't made the main list after 2 years stop kidding them.

2.Only one go allowed. I believe in 2nd chances but third chances are an indulgence.

3. Minimum age of 19, meaning if an 18 year old misses at the draft they have to play at least one season in another league, VFL etc allowed.

4. A fixed base with fixed extra payments for senior games.

5. No limitations on when a side can pick a rookie ie they don't have to wait for a long term injury.

This would mean around 50 20 somethings get a go each year and that would be more than enough to keep the dream alive and meaningful.

Why rate one 18 year old’s dream higher than someone like Aylett or Steinberg? Or Dawson, Gilham, who got onto rookie lists and made it into grand final sides?
I’m all for increasing the size of the both senior and rookie lists (which would do most of what you wanted anyway), but I don’t think there’s something special about the over-looked 18year olds that should over-ride others’ appeals.

Panos didn't get drafted he could be good

Personally I think the club should have made a call on Steinberg, list him or cut him, he's been round long enough to make a decision, what's currently happening isn't in his interests. I assume Aylett is on the list because he's on a contract and they don't want to pay him out, he's been in the system long enough for a call to be made other than that. If they warrant a place, senior list them, I've no problem with that. Then make hard calls on some of those treading water on the main list. It's in their interests and the club's.

Why is it important to encourage 18 year olds to continue? As I said they are often still kids and some will be guns if they continue but they need to be encouraged to keep at it. Kids need incentives. Local leagues struggle to fill lists and the more carrots you can offer to players the better off they are. I believe playing sport is an end in itself and anything that encourages a young person to stay playing is good, never mind the level. It's a genuine social problem that local leagues and country clubs struggle to produce teams.

One potential problem with expanding lists is that there is no guarantee clubs, notoriously conservative, won't just keep doing what they are now, storehousing fringe players rather than unearthing new talent. And there's the cost issue which a fixed rookie cap addresses. However if the expanded lists produced the same sort of outcome as a restricted rookie list, it's got my vote, anything's better than having to decide whether to forego a ruck or not because we only have one live rookie pick.

Kyle Reimers wasnt picked up, neither was Richard Cole or Brian Winton

One player who wasn't unlucky but would make a good rookie type is Sandringham Dragon Michael Manteit.

I actually think theres too many clubs currently in the afl, so don't really agree with your POV GRR.

Personally I think the club should have made a call on Steinberg, list him or cut him, he's been round long enough to make a decision, what's currently happening isn't in his interests.

Holding him against our will, are we?

What's behind this drive to chop/churn whatever the cost?

And nothing's going to make under 18s keep going more than a ruling against them getting onto a list at all that year.

/ logic.

Peter Bampton

No, you're thinking of Matt Priddis, the Brownlow Medallist...

Did the Wilson Aceman and benfti raved about get drafted?

Going back a bit but remind me, who was the bloke Richmond once drafted nicknamed "The Human Tree"?