“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

On the whiteboard it said TRUST.

The swans put a lot of TRUST in their young guys.
I hope we do the same next year.

Time to move forward.

I remember Hurley saying this year that Worsfold gave him a licence to be more attacking and less accountable 1 on 1 (or something to those words)

I think Worsfold needs to take that licence back

6 Likes

Finals footy exposed two players that really should be trade bait to get a mid or two.

Hartley and Ambrose are just hinest battlers.

Put them up along with picks to try and fill that gaping hole in oir midfield.

Myers Goddard and Jobe need replacing asap

Farking ruthless player cull needed, don’t worry about feelings trade or delist.

Mason Fletcher.

3 Likes

From the first bounce the swans players were in our faces- we didnt handle it at all. When the going gets tough on field this club rolls over

To leak 10 goals straight in any game is unacceptable, but in a final its an absolute disgrace

1 Like

I just feel bad for everybody.
The players, the fans, especially those that traveled…

That was awful.

5 Likes

Yes that’s all well and good for the team as a group, but the club must continue to market itself to attract members and future players. I’m not interested in realistic press releases, we all know where the club is at, let’s move forward with positivity. We are not the Suns.

same. i just feel a massive sense of sadness about it all. i know most of them stunk it up, but i just kept thinking how ■■■■■■ the players must feel after that. sure i was angry too, but to release that i went and split some wood after buddy’s third goal. that helped.

Has @westozziebomber surfaced? Did I miss his review?

2 Likes

What the hell is premiership material?
Aaron Keating
Renouf

I’m less angry than I thought I’d be this morning, just feel a little jaded and to be honest, not overly positive about where we are heading in the short term.

As I’ve stated elsewhere, even a cursory glance at the two teams form lines over the last 5 weeks would suggest this result was highly possible. Probable even. It was just disappointing to see the same old problems get exposed so drastically on the big stage.

• Our midfield: It’s a conundrum, because it often looks like the worst midfield ever. But there were 3 AA midfielders in there yesterday. (Granted, Watson on his last legs). This is not the young Watson, young Stanton, old JJ and Peverill midfield of 2007. It doesn’t bat deep enough, but there are some damn good players in our midfield group. Can it all be talent? Can some of it be balance? Structure? Set up?
  • I made an angry comment in the game thread about ‘Hurley being the worst key defender in the league.’ Obviously I was taking dramatic licence, but I reckon he’d be high up in the reverse Coleman, and he’s only played on 2-3 genuine forwards all year. I think his season has been quite overrated, and I really would like to see him playing more defensive next year.
  • Can we hurry up and build a decent team, so we can play Joe in more finals? He’ll win a norm Smith if we ever get him there.
  • Parish is a gun.
  • Begley looked up for the scrap, but ran out of gas. I do wonder how he would have fared with an extra 5-7 games under his belt.
  • We changed our successful forward structure, and were weaker for it. Hooker (and Green to a lesser extent) were sorely missed.
  • I’m still on the fence with Woosha, but his game day coaching is poor, it can’t be denied. There really didn’t appear to be anything done yesterday until way, way after the horse had bolted.
  • I’m very interested to see how the list management team approach this off season. It will give an indication of where they think we are, and I really hope they don’t think we are one or two old FA’s away from a flag.
  • It was better than not making finals, but only just
24 Likes

We’re in rebuild mode - stating the obvious I know. Said this at the start of the year, that the farewell needed to happen, but needed to be done and dusted as quick a possible to allow for a proper two to five year build, and got caned.

It’s done and dusted so ‘bye’ to Myers et al and a slower ‘bye’ to the top ups.

We’re middle to lower half - a great draw and few injuries should not mask that fact. The top ups from last year are top ups for us next year. We play the lads who are 50/50 to eventually be guns in their position, not the guys who will be 100% mediocrity in their position. That is what bottoming out is… punting on and making something out of the no names who show gun potential, and taking the pain of poor results whilst they develop. Questionable whether the false positive of this finals ‘campaign’ is ultimately a good thing for the rebuild. Dogs last year, Adelaide and to a large extent Syd yesterday, have nobodies from two years ago stepping up now.

This is all obvious to everyone here but the club shills.

This is gloom dialled up if I have ever seen it.

And Gleeson, fark me. How do you come to a conclusion like that. Hot damn.

We watched a different game

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the bus to go home. Thought ■■■■ it I’m heading home wearing my scarf. Seem a few other bomber supporters walking around the city this morning.

Last night was abysmal but I still love the Bombers and come the start of the 2018 season I’ll be in the lid off thread as I have been for the last 25 years.

14 Likes

I’m broken

My mental state, is utterly low. I have not been more angry with the effort shown, considering what was offer. Everyone I know who is not a Essendon supporter treats us as a fucken joke and just takes the mickey like we have the credibility of Gold Coast

That second quarter was the most inept sickening downright pathetic effort I have EVER seen. That’s right, they were not trying to the level they could. How can them cvnts look each other in the eye at half time and say “yeah we’re trying” or even think, is this how Jobe and pops wanna go out? It’s so like this club not to give 2 fks about anything or anyone’s emotion though, look at sheeds and hirds last game in Melbourne. Look at our mental collapses. Adelaide final, North elimination final. Yesterday, Brisbane game. There is a ingrained culture of pathetic effort and just giving up when the slightest of pressure is shown

I’m just a fkn idiot diehard suppprter but honestly, can we all be that wrong? I KNEW it was the wrong decision to play begley over mckernan and we’ll strike me down, what did begley do? Nothing. It’s been a farking mistake to play Myers ALL YEAR when he’s the most limited one sided slow scania going around. Bird is no world beater but we ALL know we’d rather bird running around. Honestly, Myers should never play again.

But, time and time again it came down to the midfield. When, when will we learn to build a fkn midfield! It’s still, 17 years later the core problem!! Honestly if you haven’t won a final in 13 years, and you’ve still got the SAME list manager after that, get him out the fkn door. If dodoro cannot draft/trade a list that’s capable of winning 1 final in 13 years give me one good reason why he keeps his job

I’m sick of this club letting me down. We didn’t deserve that. Them players aren’t trying at times. Gleeson, joe and parish can say they gave their all. As for the rest of them, you were a embarrassment to the jumper yesterday. Tbell touching it 3 times sums up the kind of effort we produced

And a big fk you to the players, and the club for not telling them, I found it very disappointing that they made absolutely no recognition to the tens of thousands of fans who travelled from all over the country to watch the club we all bleed for. Their race was 50 m away, before Jobe went off, how hard would it to have been to walk even somewhat close to our end as a team and show a bit of appreciation for your supporters who you just embarrassingly failed. It’s just a job to them but for a lot of us, it’s life and death stuff. I thought they could of at least made a slight effort to thank us when that end was still loud as hell for thevside walking off

I don’t know if we’re heading in the right direction. We’ve just been absolutely turned over in the most embarrassing fashion, it’s blind faith to say you know we’re on the right track because a realist knows that, that is a huge question mark

All in all, a very, very fkn disappointing day. I’m so flat. This will burn all summer. Thanks to all the blitzers I met, had beers with. All great people

40 Likes

After 1 game there is some epic gloom.

We will be better next year. We will win more games next year’s our kids carried us all year and they are all improving and have the right attitude.

Our older players have let us down, with many of them out if the midfield I struggle to see how a combination of parish, mcgrath, Zerret, Langford, Mutch, Begley et al wouldn’t do better.

If say we got a Rockliff type to support these kids our midfield is way better.

And Swans will win the flag, there strength is our weakness and the confines of the SCG do not suit our running game plan.

We were horrendous, no doubt, I’m angry. But thinking we are dropping next year is probably ignoring a lot of evidence that says 75% of our best players are still developing. And at quite a rapid rate.

1 Like

Probably decided he doesn’t want to return to wa after those flogs west coke got up last night.

1 Like

We moved from bottom to 7th on the ladder in one season. We developed a forward line that can beat just about anyone. We had 3 forwards in the top 20 goal kicking for the season with one close to winning the Coleman. We have seen the development of Parish and Begley. We have seen 3 players make the AA side. We have seen the emergence of a star in McGrath.

I think we are tracking perfectly fine in the right direction.

Being shattered by yesterday is fine but the dramatics about how this club is going isn’t.

7 Likes

In all due respect, I’ve heard this for 13 FKG YEARS

Always next year. The kids are improving. We’ll be right.

11 Likes