“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

It was farking ordinary that the players did not come to bay 46 and 47 at the end of the game.

Everyone around me had travelled interstate for that. And stayed to the bitter end.

6 Likes

I get your sentiment WOB.im.■■■■■■ too.

But that’s unfair. Begley competed very well. He was likely our 2nd best fwd on the night.

And McKernan will never take this club fwd. Begley will. 100% the right decision to have the kid play.

4 Likes

I must have missed that bit of his post. Smack would have been better than Begley? LOL now that’s comedy!

Every time Smack plays he is crap and people want him delisted. Every time Smack doesn’t play he would have been the difference…Blitz at it’s finest.

1 Like

Random comments- the score board had Sydney versus Lions for the first half of the first quarter. Couldn’t even get that right farkwits AFL.

1 Like

That’s blatantly untrue

8 Likes

That 7th would have been 10th if the draw were not so accommodating. There are some great players coming through yet glaring holes everywhere else. Sydney, Adelaide, Richmond, to a lesser extent Melbourne, focus on their bottom dozen and look where it gets them. Melb will be good, the others already. Yet you celebrate the mediocrity of a small handful of good individual performance instead of looking at the whole.

We got into finals on the back of mid season wins against Geelong, Port, West Coast, Collingwood and St Kilda.

Let’s be honest, those teams played like utter ■■■■ in each of those games. Each of them had one of their worst 2 or 3 performances for the year on those days.

When we played a similar mid table side who actually played near their best, the bulldogs showed us up. When rubbish teams like Carlton, Freo, north and Brisbane played to their potential they showed that we are much closer to the bottom than the top.

1 Like

No it isn’t, he usually only plays a few minutes of good footy in any game he plays. It always sucks people in to thinking we are seeing him emerge. I like him at VFL, I dislike him at AFL. If anyone thinks Smack is ever going to be a good player for us they are dreaming.

1 Like

People referencing a good draw doesn’t make sense to me.

We were ■■■■ against the ■■■■ teams

We didn’t capitalise on the draw at all

We are the opposite of flat track bullies.

1 Like

What a silly way to look at it. We would have been last if we hadn’t won any games. We would have been top if we had won them all. That sort of comment is very Bruce like.

So we only won games because the draw was nice to us?

1 Like

We are miles off it. We need two gun inside mids, an outside classy mid, a classy composed HBF and a tall defender. How can we cover that in 2 drafts let alone 2017 draft which benfti has said is very very shallow?

3 Likes

Emotion is getting the best of blitz.

1 Like

Didn’t say he was going to be a good player for us.

Just saying he doesn’t suck everytime he plays.

3 Likes

I’m glad I don’t live in a fucken fanstay land like you IT. I see the positives about this team, I agree with what you just said before about 3x AA’s, forward line improvement ect

And you see that, which I like too and I agree. Where you fail in your utterly biased opinions is so see the major problems with this list and club. You using “wooden spoon to 7th” is a classic example of you just being utterly misguided. We fell into 7th from the dees losing, and the dogs losing and our form heading into finals was garbage. All the dogs had to do was win one game and we would have missed the 8. We were always going to at least go back to around 8th with 10 senior players returning, joes progression, a number one draft pick and a soft draw. so it’s not some miracle feat

5 Likes

In the last nine weeks we played eight teams who didn’t play finals.
That’s simply not going to happen next year, or in all likelihood any year ever again

If you don’t see that as a factor in Essendon scraping in to the finals, then I don’t know what to tell you.

16 Likes

I never said we don’t have issues. I have been saying all season we are desperate for decent mids but you don’t bother reading those comments

What I refuse to do is scream we are shyte and are not going anywhere and that’s what I addressed in that particular post.

Wob.

We didn’t fall into the 8.

We won 6 of our last 8 games while playing poorly. It was in a sense a sign of maturity.

And had Melbourne had won we would have finished 8th, players Port Adelaide and we wouldn’t be having this meltdown because they are ■■■■ and we may have been able to beat them

Instead we played the 2017 premiers at their home ground

■■■■ stain of a rant.
It was like our 2nd quarter.
Can’t believe i waited for that.

3 Likes

This. Farkin bang on. We are either incredibly stupid or just very slow learners becaus nothing has changed for a very long time. We even hear in the season (i.e. Brisbane loss) that it was a once off, we will learn from it, it won’t happen again etc etc and then 2-3 weeks later same ■■■■.

This club is so mentally fragile with a massively soft underbelly it ain’t funny. It needs to be fixed, urgently.

In the tightest comp for a long time we got an easier draw than the teams around us, and a good injury run… and you think this counted for nothing? In the last round we still had the potential to finish 11th, ended up just beating rubbish Freo, and had results fall our way to make 7th. Bulldogs and Melb missed gun key position players all year whilst we had a good injury run… they are both better teams than us and didn’t make it because of a tougher draw and tougher run with injuries. These are the facts and your nonsensical hypotheticals don’t change the fact that we were lucky and that we are not the 7th best team in the comp despite your apparent claim that we are.

3 Likes