“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

I now have to support … richmond???
Geelong next week then crows

Hope crows and tigers final the rest can go fark themselves.

1 Like

I thought we had a crack, but got beaten by a better side in the night. It didn’t help that the ball bounced their way at every opportunity.

5 Likes

Wasnt expecting the win, but the way we just rolled over in the 2nd quarter… Whats the point of even playing finals if we are going to do that. Really just confirming the ‘making up the numbers’ tag.

We played about 11 minutes of finals intensity footy. About 100 minutes short of the effort required.

I can’t imagine any club in the AFL takes us seriously.

6 Likes

Waaaay to many soft ■■■■■■■ playing for this club.

No one is prepared to floor a few blokes to send a message.

6 Likes

People are severely overlooking this

Sadly I think the only thing we will learn after today is just how far away we are from the top
But it’s a start at least

7 Likes

Please WOB give us something… I NEED an epic rant to get me through.

2 Likes

For a club trying to rehabilitate its image, that surely doesn’t help.

In the event of an honourable loss, which is what I’d expected, I was prepared to write a nice eulogy for this season and talk about how far we’ve come, about how I feel like maybe the window is finally opening again for the first time in a long time, etc…

Honestly I’m not sure I even believe any of it now. Maybe in time these things won’t be diminished but it doesn’t seem to matter a whole lot right now… I’m really sick of being the punching bag of this farking comp.

8 Likes

The list still needs a ton of work, clubs hands have been tied in terms of list management after the cluster ■■■■ of the last 5 years.

It’s now time to be ruthless and build a quality list.

6 Likes

15 years and our midfield is still ■■■■. Really hope Keane can pick midfielders because Dodoro can’t. 2 top 5 picks and Merrett, that’s all he’s picked that have been successful.

2 Likes

We gave Jobe a send off reminiscent of his time with us.

It was pathetic. I mean, I never for a second thought we could win the game. Our form was poor, and their form was as good as anyone. It was an impossible task, but to get absolutely humiliated… Before half time. Again?

We’re still miles off it. We aren’t on the verge of a flag, we are another rebuild away.

8 Likes

I’ll accept the first fk but not sure the coaches or players could have done any more than that. Sydney are a good side.

2 Likes

Didn’t see any of the second half but that first half was utterly gutless and insipid. So sick of the club talking the talk but turning to jelly when it matters. Coaching staff is a embarrassment who just sit there like statues and the players skills are amongst the worst in the comp. How many blokes can’t take a mark or hit a target from 15m away? Lost count of the amount of OOF’s in that first half. Get a decent skills coach and a goal kicking coach FFS and don’t get me started on our fitness, we had a week off and guys are still puffed 5 minutes into the first quarter

8 Likes

The least the club could have done is actually publicise that this weeks come back hero was ‘recent finals perfermamces’. Might have saved a few people some money.

4 Likes

The 3x out on the full(s) in a row were strange. With Hurley’s effort the strangest.

Round 1 2018 must have Mutch, Begley, Lav, Lang, Francis and Redman in the side.

Build properly.

What a joke we wasted about 20 games this year with Howlett, Myers, Bird, Hocking, etc

16 Likes

I could only bare to watch the first quarter and 6mins into the 2nd. Any longer and I would not have had a TV. But…

I thought the first 10mins where great, our intensity and pressure was great. But we just could not maintain it for long at all. Until we can football like that first 10 mins for full games. We will struggle. How do we get to that point though? I really have no idea.

2 Likes

I have mixed emotions.

1 Like

Fark Sydney. Fark their academy. Fark their cost of living allowance. Fark their fair weather fans. Fark their wider than long ground.

10 Likes

Post like this farking ■■■■ me and are stupid. It was not wasted and the players you mentioned have developed well in the VFL. If they are good enough to make the team next year, which is likely bring them in, but until they are better they stay where they are.

6 Likes