“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

How can a team thats made finals 19/22 times. get access to potential #1 picks 2 years in a row?

11 Likes

Left the bar 8 minutes into the second quarter, just checked the scores about 10 minutes ago.

Just can’t stomach looking at those failed coaches all in our coaches box.

4 Likes

Comments ■■■■■■.

In: Bovril

6 Likes

Feel for you and all that actually attended you deserved a better showing!!!

Strange year

If this time last year you would have said we would make the Finals, you’d bite the hand off and be happy

Yet to go out in a typical Essington way as has been done for the past decade and a half sigh

Kinda half expected it but would’ve liked a fighting 2-3 goals loss with the result in doubt until the last 10 minutes rather than it being over by half time again

3 Likes

Actually dared to believe we could win this, thought the club had turned a corner.

9 Likes

Oh I wasn’t that stupid. I did waste about 45 minutes when I could have spent time enjoying osaka

I was worried in the first with their aerial domination. They dialled it up to 11 in the second and embarrassed us in the air all over the ground in the second. I think we also let ourselves down with our offensive and defensive work rate ahead of the ball which exaggerated the problem.

Tbell got an absolute touch up in the middle, even towers was jumping over him.

Zaha let us down in the first and generally it was our youngsters who showed more composure which is both disappointing and encouraging. Parish and McGrath showed why we need them around the ball more.

Gleeson can hold his head up and bags had a crack but our defense was otherwise soundly beaten. Hurley and Hartley need to spend a summer remembering how to own front position.

Hooker’s presence in the contest was sorely missed but JD and Stewart competed well enough. Took our smalls too long to get into the game though.

On the upside, the cats are going out in straight sets.

At least Joe got me out of my seat first up.

10 Likes

my bad fair enough

Tbell stopped jumping because every time he did in the first q it was a free to sydney.

6 Likes

If you say so, don’t recall that specifically

Great first quarter - we were awesome. Great pressure and we were right in it. Laid over 40 tackles

Qtr time was a horrible break for us.

Needed this to be played somewhere.

of their first 6 clearances i’d say 3-4 were frees.

2 Likes

One thing’s for sure - won’t be making finals next year as we’re not getting the soft fixture or lack of injuries from this year.

3 Likes

Honest question.

What gave you that impression?

2 Likes

Wasn’t feeling dread this week.

This is why I was so ticked off after the freo game, you can’t go into a finals series in average form.

I did think we were a chance today, I thought our players would stand up under the pressure…

2 Likes

Yes, but against tbell?