“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

It might say there’s something wrong with your rating??

Even if they did, I don’t think we have the players to force repeat stoppages for a full game.

Seriously that ground would have to be one of the dumbest, most poorly signed and confusing stadiums ever - it’s borderline a joke

2 Likes

LOL

The difference is they recruit players and develop them. We recruit players and hope they develop.

5 Likes

And also hope they figure out how to coach themselves.

4 Likes

3-1 down and their keeper saved 5 goals off the line in the last 5 mins. Was pretty dissapointed we should have snatched it, but not as dissapointing as watching sydney spank us

One thing that really ■■■■■■ me off was early in the game we seemed to giveaway free kicks to Kenedy and Parker for either blocking or holding. Where this free kicks there or where umpires pulling these out of there ■■■■? I think we where trying hard to curb there impact, but in doing so where giving away frees or they where getting very soft ones.

Just so people know Dodoro is list manager, Keane is head of recruitment.

I will say this

Joe was a father son
Parish was the best pick at that spot
Francis is more of what we don’t need
Tippa literally walked through the door and stuck around till crowd reaction got him drafted
Raz was picked up because Nathan Bassett pleaded for the club to get him
McGrath was the number one pick
Sheedy was the one who pushed for Stewart
Begley was Bewicks lad
Conner was found by Keneally

Gleeson

Out of the players under 23 that played yesterday, Gleeson is the only one truely unearthed by our recruiters.

I do rate Dodoro as a developer of relationships and a guy who gets deals done. But wtf has Merv speaking done?

10 Likes

Merrett?

The more interesting conundrums there is if we didn’t have Jackson, would we have drafted Zack?

2 Likes

Huh?

What does a “developer of relationships” do at a footy club?

And you rate him for getting deals done… Why, when we have conspicuously failed to get any big deals done for a long time? Do you rate him for his minor deals like last year getting Greene, which was widely viewed here at the start of the trade period as the least attractive trade possible?

If Richmond can do it, we can certainly do it
We will do it

well then, cant’t wait until the 2037 season starts

Ok. Now you’re letting your emotions get the better of you.

Why have a recruiting department at all? All it takes is the right reference? Let’s just hire Kevin Bacon and we are six degrees from every draft pick!

2 Likes

Things I want to see in 2018.

No gifting games to players like Myers and Colyer who are known quantities over kids like Langford, Laverde, Mutch etc who actually have a chance to move this club forward.

Professional footballers who actually want to win games rather than being content by being paid mega bucks by doing “Just enough” to get a game every week (looking at you Mr 3 Disposal at 33% Bellchambers).

NO MORE SAGA EXCUSES! Its over! The compo is paid and you had your chance in 2017 to do some damage! This company line of “exceptional” circumstances cant follow us next year when its old news.

General lift in attitude and intensity. The effort in the EF was terrible after we got put under some pressure in the second quarter.

Stronger leadership. Heppell needs to lead from the front and call out players who are being lazy on field.

Enough of accepting mediocrity and this Richmond loser like culture that has infected the club all the way from the supporter base to the CEO. Everyone was accepting of the players performance after the Brisbane loss and that is just unacceptable. Even the CEO had to apologize for calling the players out on their bullshit. I loved that he called them out and then was guttered than he apologized.

A few hard calls in the off season. If you aren’t going to get a game at any other club please just call a spade a spade and do what needs to be done.

Apologies for formatting errors (typed this on my phone) and the rant but I just needed to get this off my chest.

1 Like

Well there’s more, there is no cloakroom available anywhere at the stadium for the storage of prams, walkers, etc.
We was told at the information center outside the ground that we would have to organise storage through the attendant that was manning the Isle.
I spoke to 6 different attendants in a 20min period before the game that probably had a combined IQ of 25, even their supervisor had nfi.
Pathetic effort from a stadium that claims to be world class.

You might be right. All I know is there was a helluva lot of way more talented footballrs (e.g. Hurley, Tippa) absolutely stinking the joint up. Perhaps Gleeson is way better than i give him credit for.

Foods options are good, expensive though.

Did anyone buy the oysters or prawns? Couldn’t believe you could actually purchase that to takeway.

I love all this play Langford talk after a large number had written him off mid season

2 Likes