“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

Did you get the oysters or prawns? Or oysters AND prawns?

Just watched Ali’s wedding - main characters are mad bombers supporters. Lifted my spirits!

No too risky and pricey, went for the Gozleme instead.

Two quadruple beer taps in the bar behind bay 47, complete lack of staff/training/process to actually sell the stuff at the rate it could be poured.

Gozleme? Come to Subiaco and the only things on offer are stale ckicken rolls or rancid hotdogs covered in your preferred choice of sick.

4 Likes

Have to give props to the hot blonde bar tender at the downstairs TAB/bar in the Woollahra Hotel, she was cashing tab tickets with one hand, pouring beer with the other then taking orders at the same time.

5 Likes

I guess after experiencing that, even Franklin would seem OK.

1 Like

A guy who gets deals done?
Every time I mention his name around my mate he shudders. He reckons that most of the player managers reckon he is a carnt and would rather not deal with him. Some even go out the way to get their clients not to deal with us

He did well yesterday.

Merv came to us from a recruiting role at Richmond didn’t he?

Possibly was there during the Tambling and JO’N disasters?

Cant see why that move hasn’t been a winner…

So basically, you’re saying that our recruiting team has literally been responsible for 1 out of 10 of our most promising young players?

Thats a sobering thought.

You obviously know a bit more than most Ben, what is the objective/remit of the list manager role vs the head of recruiting role?

Also, I’d be interested to hear your take on why ‘Essendon’ has the reputation we do of being ‘difficult to deal with’, particularly given your comments on Disco.

I actually think everyones criticism is a year too early.

If we stink it up in next years finals then go for it.

This year was always an unknown and in someways a transitional year for outgoing suspended players.
We had no idea how the team and or individuals would respond.

It was the worst games for ALL of the returning players. Each and everyone of them stunk it up. Was this the effect of missing a year, their bodies being spent or in their minds had they already achieved their goals?

People are complaining about blooding the youth. There is no doubt we gifted games to returning players and I have no issue with this. We owed them. We have paid that debt and now we move on.
Tell me, who would have dropped Jobe? I wouldn’t have.

To be honest there wasn’t anyone banging down the door and most had their chance. Langford and Laverde simply couldn’t hold their spots. In saying that some youngsters did, Pidge, Big Boi and Stewart.

Whoosha always spoke about this being a transitional year. Transitioning the old for the new and figuring out the effect of a year off and integrating 10 players back into the system.

This has been an unprecedented year and I will be holding fire until I sit here in 12 months and see what a normal year looks like.

Until then I believe Hepp when he says we will come back hungrier and stronger next year.

7 Likes

1 Like

Home. In bed. Still flat. Still unhappy

Sydney is nice though. Maritime meuseum was top notch today

3 Likes

Incorrect. Keane was coach of the Western Jets TAC Cup team after serving as an assistant to Sheedy in the early 90’s. He then took over as the Williamstown VFL coach after they finished a season winless. He then went on to coach Caulfield Grammar in 2003 & 2004 before Sheeds got him back to the club as an assistant initially, but winded up in the recruiting department given his work at the Jets and his heavy involvement in the development of players such as Brad Johnson, Dustin Fletcher, Shannon Grant etc. he was not involved at Richmond in a recruiting sense. IMO he’s been a solid addition to a recruiting team that has grown & changed a lot in the last decade where Dodoro was performing a lot of different job functions prior.

2 Likes

Thanks for the correct.

Noted.

I understand bnftis post even less now though?

So the obvious dumb question then, who is ultimately responsible for recruitment at Essendon?

I promise this is not an exaggeration.

I also get to pay $68 a ticket for the privilege

The Tiges also endured multiple years of back to back failures in finals under Dimma, in which to build that cohesion.

1 Like

Hopefully I’ll still be alive and kicking, so it should still be in my lifetime

1999 helped us in 2000
1992 helped us in 1993
1983 helped us in 1984
1984 helped us (to consolidate) 1985
Can’t remember the rest
Times have changed

1 Like

In our defense…McClure is a ■■■■.

1 Like