Political Correctness

What about if one partner doesn't identify as human?

I’ve met quite a few people masquerading as human.

McDevitt?

No. Id reckonise that sweaty brow and nervous smile.

#TriggerWarning #FoulLanguage #AlsoFunny :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The main reason I scan Facebook these days is the hope that there’ll be a new Jonathan Pie video on my feed.

There is a man who’s studied David Frost’s method of delivery.

I agree 100% with what he said though. Too many sensitive little flowers being offended on someone else’s behalf.

1 Like

Good example of PC is PETA asking Hunters and Collectors to change their name. People are starting to rebel against this sort of utter poppycock.

I really doubt people listen to H&C and feel the urge to go out and shoot a duck.

4 Likes

Geez, I didn’t interpret it that way, I saw it as a far more primal thing, i.e. hunter/gatherer.

I’m pretty sure that was just PR.
Get people talking about PETA again.

3 Likes

I do love how most of the things people get upset about are the ones that are barely if ever true.

:thumbsdown::computer:

Mmmm duck

3 Likes

One of the H&C guys is an old co-worker of mine, and ironically enough he’s a bit of a greenie. Can’t imagine they’ll pay the slightest bit of attention to this stupidity though.

Still, from PETAs point of view it served its purpose. It got them in the news, it ■■■■■■ off the right people and that’ll give them warm fuzzy feelings, and by raising their media profile it’ll make people who legit want to help animals remember their name when it’s donation time.

PETA are an an active hindrance to those of us who do volunteer animal work, cos they do stupid ■■■■ that gets them on the news and crowd everyone else out, simultaneously tarring us all with the crazy brush while achieving precisely nothing of value.

How many times have PETA made the news vs, say, the Australian Wildlife Conservancy, or Lort Smith Animal Hospital? Being outrageous and involving celebrities in your campaigns gets you publicity. Getting stuff done doesn’t.

Someone at PETA is getting well paid for coming up with this crap. They can eat a bagful of vegan dicks, the lot of them. Wankers.

8 Likes

The interview I heard with the PETA woman was correlating it with the start of the duck season, so I assumed it was fair dinkum.

Well, yeah.
They have to sound like they mean it.

Sorry, meant that’s the way I interpreted the band’s name.

1 Like

They named themselves after a track by a 70’s German band called Can.

2 Likes

Yeah, but what was in the can? Bet it was some sort of animal.

1 Like

Laughter?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/international-womens-day-patronising-abc-boots-male-presenters-off-air/news-story/339aded27ac13906ad5edb406eaf7c4d

1. Why are ABC women who are amongst the most privileged women in the country in terms of salaries trying to make themselves out to be victims?
  2. What will the regular male presenters be doing and will they be paid at their normal rates?
  3. If the ABC has so many staff seemingly ‘on the bench’ then why are taxpayers funding them?

And people wonder why their ABC has become a laughing stock.

Yay! Time for my monthly “I agree with Essendon12” viewpoint.

Well kinda.

Agreed that it’s a silly move. All they’ll end up doing is highlighting the lack of gender diversity in their current hosts.

I think. I don’t actually know how many women are usually there.

You touch my ABC and I’ll have you hung, drawn and quartered. ABC Kids is what keeps my household sane.

The criticisms of the ABC really ■■■■ me off. Is it perfect? No, but it is light years ahead of the majority of the dross transmitted to TVs around the country 24 hours a day.

4 Likes