Political Correctness

LOL.
You mean like men did in this country until about forty years ago?

2 Likes

You must love talking to yourself wim.

You’re right.
I should walk away…but…just…■■■■.

2 Likes

You probably have. It’s scientific fact. Identical resumes, different name. The one with the man’s name not only gets more interviews also gets more money.

And another case of a man telling women how they should feel is kinda the point of international women’s day.

5 Likes

Its still present in this day regarding pay gaps:

I think it goes both ways. International Women’s Day is a good way of highlighting the plight of women in countries such as India and Saudi Arabia. However, women who live in the west (at least here) and whinge that they have no equal opportunity are kidding themselves. I understand statistics often say women are paid less, but those statistics often don’t account for women being mothers, thus losing substantial time away from “career progression.” The other thing I find interesting is that if people really could get away with paying women less, why would anyone hire men?
I work in a place where my boss is a woman, and the next level of management down have about 3/4 as women also.

4 Likes

The fact that it’s the mother that is the primary caregiver by default is another issue! And women lacking in management positions because of it is inequality. Plus traditional female dominated fields are paid less, but why is this? Are these careers less important or difficult the traditional “men’s” work. I work in a totally female dominated field but still miss out because I have a child. Most of the female managers don’t have kids and that’s a choice women often have to make. Career or kids. Men NEVER have to make that choice. Having kids benefits men in the workplace and disadvantages women.

Yes we have it much better then women in other countries as there’s no outright sexism, but it’s there subtly EVERYWHERE. In work, in the media, in sport, in not being able to walk on the streets alone without feeling unsafe, in victim blaming. Just because it’s not outright doesn’t mean we should stop fighting.

4 Likes

Gender pay gap exists in starting wages for graduates as well as over the work life. Its real and its ■■■■. I won’t argue your other points but that one is demonstrably false.

It’s also calculated for equivalent full time roles, doesn’t take into account part time work. It does however highlight that there are more men in senior positions because many workplaces are inflexible about making these part time.

You don’t even need any of those conditions though.

Equal role, less pay for women (generalisation)

1 Like

You guys know what they say about arguing with neanderthals, dinosaurs fools right?

I know I won’t change their minds. But I never give up hope that it may help someone else reading.

3 Likes

Which part of the figure seems male to you?
Is it the big ■■■■■■■ hanging down?

2 Likes

Really?

Meh, I’m bored.

I think the new sign is silly. The old one was a stick figure, it had no sex.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt sad for stick figures about that …

1 Like

They just have to rub their little sticky bodies together for fun, poor things.

Won’t that start a fire (remembering Team America : World Police)?

1 Like