Political Correctness

I picked up the full series of The Two Ronnies a few months back.

Made in the early 70’s, eyebrows would be raised today.

The Ronnies were partial to cleavage. And didn’t mind slanging off at the old shirt-lifters either.

After you left it is now 40 years behind.

1 Like

I just find this statement (which is something that Bolt claims ad infinitum) to be extraordinary. I reckon if I called, as an example, an indigenous person a “stinking’, farkin’, dole bludgin’, wife bashing’ farkin’ primitive black carnt” and told him to “get back to ya farkin’ humpy and getting’ farkin’ ■■■■■■ and fiddling’ with ya farkin’ little ■■■■■■ kids”, I’d have a fair idea he would probably take offence.
[/quote]

sharp intake of breath How dare you! Assuming genders again. Shame.

I thought you were foreign, apologies :slightly_smiling_face:

Or man in human?
Plenty take exception to his in history.

No point in going to Bomber Humour and posting the joke about the Jew, the butch D yke, and the negro who walked into a Ku Klux Clan bar and ordered Irish coffees is there?

The War on Christmas has begun.

It’s interesting how much political correctedness has shuffled across political spectrums, over history.

In past history, political correctedness was often a termed used by the conservative upperclass to nullify a ‘left-wing working class’ and it’s inability to articulate an argument. Which kept them subservient to their role in society.

The conservative upper class were well educated and held themselves to a standard of being ‘polite’, and dominated positions of power in politics and buissness.

Late in the 20th & now 21st century, is now an era of lower/middle class being educated in science & Arts degrees. It’s at a point that the lower to middle class are generally more educated than the conservatives.

The conservatives are now using the term ‘political correctedness gone mad’ as frustration that they are unable to articulate their political beliefs in a constructive way.

2 Likes

99% of the time that phrase is used by someone who’s upset they’re being called out for being a rude ■■■■. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with class

7 Likes

“I’m just calling it as I see it. I call a spade a spade, I have no filter” - 99% of Boomers.

2 Likes

Everything has to do with class but I liked this comment. Thankyou for bringing a slight grin to my bedraggled features HAP.

My english and Euro relos are the funniest.
“Don’t go down to dandenong… there’s no australians there now at all”.

The English ones all moved here late 70s/early 80s, some of them still aren’t citizens, and literally only half of them have worked full-time jobs since being here. I have to bite my tongue to stop myself from calling them dole-bludging boat people reffos

2 Likes

A real straight shooter.

1 Like

The absolute worst is “he calls it as he sees it” being used to describe ■■■■-posting trolls who say stuff for reactions.

2 Likes

then someones like, ‘they come from different times’

1 Like

I have some sympathy for that.
Upbringing plays a huge part in who we are.

However, it does raise the question of whether people have had their head up their ■■■■ for the last xx years.
If some people want to dig their heels in and say, ‘No. I know how to behave in polite modern society, I just choose not to, because my rights,’ well…

Edit: And I know I fall into that trap a little, too. Because I’m not saying N-words With Attitude for anyone, although I know there are people who would like me to.

Bogut can give you the odd tweet but the whole team?

5 Likes

This is a politically correct thread.

Triggered?

This:

Bahaha…I’m tolerant to all except those that take issue with political correctness :wink: