Political Correctness

My favourite post on Blitz this year. Bravo sir

1 Like

Hi Neil Mitchell

Thatā€™s a bit of a generalisation.

1 Like

2 Likes

Good slogan for the 2010s

fortunately I had a spare 16 minutes to burn so I watched this and all of it is absolutely correct, pack it up everyone feminismā€™s finished someone get her the Time magazine MAN of the year prize.

2 Likes

Why do we even bother with discussions like this. Everyoneā€™s already picked a side and ainā€™t changing. Itā€™s just espousing talking points pulled from somewhere else so we can smugly say to ourselves ā€œgee that post sure did own that stupid SJW/RWNJā€

Independent thought is dead.

1 Like

Youtube is definitely 100% the place where people should go to shape their political views. What could possibly go wrong.

1 Like

Nah.
There was some robust and genuine discussion earlier in this thread.
And my views on a lot of these things have changed over time, and that didnā€™t happen in isolation.

Canā€™t agree with that. Not personally anyway.

Itā€™s ignornat too align yourself 100% with these points of view IMO.

I agree with some points raised in the video re unrealistic perceptions of gender pay gaps in 2018, organisational gender quotes and putting the most qualified person in a role, as well as the expected impact to a womanā€™s career if she makes the conscious decision to have children.

However I also tend to agree with the argument from 3rd wave feminists that ā€œsomeā€ men arenā€™t doing enough to break down traditional gender roles within their own homes and contribute more to help around the home (I.e ironing, cooking, cleaning, nursing babies at 4am etc). And how more could potentially be done bu employers to support men with increased parental and carers leave thus enabling them to be more hands on with the arrival of new babies or when wives/children are sick.

to allow oneself to be solely biased by one point of view means youā€™re not really open minded to listening or learning.

Post getting married and having 4 kids (including a daughter) Iā€™ve learnt a truck load on how to better understand and respect women.

Healthy constructive debate has always encouraged me to open my mind to alternate views or challenge my belief systems.

The difference is iā€™ll watch an entire video or read an entire article and let it sink in before I ā– ā– ā– ā–  can it based on its title or author.
The video I shared re the left and itā€™s view on white people is factually correct and informative in terms of its succinct description of Wars in the name of Mohammad that pre date the Cruscade. My Christian forefathers in Sicily weā€™re slaughtered by the Arabs in 827 AD (Iā€™ve had DNA tests and Iā€™m only ~5% Arab) yet the fight back of the first Cruscade was in 1096.
Yet people feel free to ā– ā– ā– ā–  can it 2 mins after itā€™s posted yet it runs for 40 mins. Who cares if you donā€™t watch it, yet how about shutting ones mouth on the topic if youā€™re Unwilling to at least listen an alternate view in a thread based on PC.

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™m gonna feel free to shitcan anything anyone posts titled ā€˜Why The Left hates White Peopleā€™ without watching it.
Eleven times out of ten.

2 Likes

See, I donā€™t think it is. I think there are too many people who spend far to much time worrying why people donā€™t think the way they do, and not enough time thinking about why do I feel this way?

SWJā€™s need to think why does anything occurring outside their world view upset them so much, and RWNJ need to think about why they are so scared of worlds they donā€™t understand.

Once they confront those issues they can absolutely start thinking independently

3 Likes

Iā€™ll ask you a question, if the left hate white people, why does it bother you? To the point that you felt included to go on YouTube looking for videos to rationalise it? Do you feel like your personally being blamed for something thatā€™s not fair? And If you do, why should those people unfairly blaming you for something matter so much if you donā€™t agree with their premise? Iā€™m white, if thatā€™s a problem for anyone, thatā€™s their issue.

It seems like youā€™ve got yourself stuck in a cycle of anger going down that rabbit hole. Being proven right or wrong on any of that doesnā€™t end up better for anyone, least of all you.

You should have stopped watching that video the moment the content creature chose to use an absolute butchered version of sympathy for the devil to kick it off.

I donā€™t hate white people, just white footballersā€¦ unless they are ginger, Italian, or from the malleeā€¦see, itā€™s all ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  stupid.

Yep. Introspection is also dead.

Strange concept and surprising that the sharing of potential alternate views of PC topics in a thread on PC gives you the perception that Iā€™m angry, searching for something or in a rabbit hole.

Whatā€™s perplexing is your inability to sense your own anger when ranting that ā€œits only pretentious fuckholes who think their way is superiorā€ yet you comfortably refer to LNP as a ā€œNazi regimeā€ and ā€œfascistsā€ so by virtue of that anyone, including your friends, family and fellow Bomber supporters, who vote for them are nazi sympathisers because they donā€™t align with your political views or your ā€œscienceā€.

I thought thats why this thread exists. To discuss PC and the modern language that people are comfortable throwing around at ease when you donā€™t see eye to eye. Particularly in the past 5-10 years.
How simple it is to label one a ā€œnazi, fascist, racist, bigot, misogynistic, sexist, homophobe, advocate of rape cultureā€ without truly understanding the definition, nor the impact it has on others who certainly arenā€™t any of those things.

Yes people can chose whether they react emotionally to being called these things. However in todayā€™s climate, youā€™re at risk of having your name muddied and losing your livelihood through the court of public opinion.
All it takes is a BS claim to HR or a unsubstantiated tweet (a la your favourite singer) and people form their opinions. Gone are the days of due process.

3 Likes

Exactly, I know why Iā€™m angry, I donā€™t like people being arseholes at the expense of other people, particularly when itā€™s the byproduct of them furthering their own prospects.

Thatā€™s what I donā€™t like about them, that is very clear, I also donā€™t like when people put something like science in quotation marks like science is in any way as subjective as social commentary.

Itā€™s perfectly plausible to think a person is being a ā– ā– ā– ā–  for xyz reason without extrapolating it to be intrinsic to their policial leaning. ice temple is a righty and heā€™s a well balanced legend, sorfed is a rightly and he is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

I feel like the current LNP has facist ideologies, not because they are right but because they are facist.

The Howard government wasnā€™t this backwards, they had the best interests of everyone for the most part.

This whole left/right paradigm you seem wed too is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  played bro. Itā€™s just dickheads being dickheads to push their world view on to other people.

Let it go, and just call out dickheads for being dickheads. Even me, Iā€™m being one right now

So I put it out to you again what makes you angry about feminism, or left leaning world view?

1 Like

Finally, my moment has comeā€¦

1 Like

Let it fly!

1 Like

These farkin dickheads who call everyone dickheads are all farkin dickheads.

5 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !