Political Correctness

It’s cringey as ■■■■. I got no issue with their marking based around men’s values being the best they can be, but the way theyve done it is just real cringe.

4 Likes

I had a feeling it might trigger you :joy:

I don’t have an issue with the ad.

I’m not sure I understand why I should listen to a razor blade company about moral issues, but it’s still fine.

I’m sure a lot of timid little snowflakes won’t be able to handle it, though.

1 Like

The message in the ad is great, and anyone throwing away a razor over it is a complete moron.

That said, I’m highly cynical about any company pushing such a message. Dove’s body positive message is from the same company that produces Lynx.

Any ad campaign that tries so desperately hard to ride on the wave of social media trends, is gonna come across as cringy. And preachy.

But in the end, who gives a ■■■■? It’s an ad… For friggin razors.

2 Likes

[quote=“Paul_Peos, post:1812, topic:3794, full:true”].

But in the end, who gives a ■■■■? It’s an ad… For friggin razors.
[/quote]

That’s the bit about all this I find incredibly amusing. Hands down one of the most trivial things I’ve seen people get upset about in a long time.

I seriously hope it’s primary purpose was just to ■■■■ off all the loose units out there

Its horribly executed.

There’s arseholes in both genders (see what I did there).
If you’re a guy and you turn you back on supporting women who are being treated badly by men, then you’re an ■■■■■■■■. Plain and simple. The vast majority of men are not like this.
The very small monitory of men who harm and kill women are criminals and animals. We could tell them all we want to pull their heads in but those nutters aren’t listening to anyone!!

The worlds come a ■■■■■■■ long way since the draconian days of male chauvinistic bullshit.

What’s messed up about this is it’s trying to ransack a women’s movement where women were proven to be treated horribly in order for them to lift the profile of their brand to capitalise and increase profits. Absolute dog act and a sleep in the face to the women who were harmed.

Let’s not pretend that Gillette give two ■■■■■ about men or women. They are about $$$$$

2 Likes

Job done then, it’s been the number one trending topic for the last 2 days

It’s lifted their profile though they’ve just ostracised a large part of their demographic. 3rd wave Feminists don’t shave so theyre ■■■■■■.

Doesn’t bother me, I shavent shaved since the 80’s.

1 Like

Now it’s all changed.
It’s got to change more.
Cause we think it’s getting better, but nobody’s really sure.

Out of curiosity, other than the cringe factor, what did you find particularly upsetting about that ad?

It would be nice if people could save their outrage for truly outrageous things.

There is plenty in the world to be outraged about… Stuff like this shouldn’t even register.

2 Likes

stupid ad. men have always been doing those ‘good’ things.

and as for the ‘bad’ things. is pursuing a girl bad? ■■■■ no. but knowing when its harassment?

is ribbing your mates for a bit of a laugh to get some perspective a bad thing? ■■■■ no. but going OTT and bullying him so that he cant share a laugh? or course that’s terrible.

boys can be ■■■■■■ well be boys. and there will always be those times when things get a little out of hand.

and just like it always has been, your mates will pull you in or you will pull your mate in.

I farkin reject that the default view of men is toxic. and I’m sick of it being painted that way. now a freaking shaver advertisement.

brought to you by the company who employ slave child labour, price fixing and gave a generation of women toxic shock syndrome.

nah ■■■■ gilette and ■■■■ them telling me how to raise a boy or treat my fellow man/woman.

4 Likes

I’d be annoyed if I had to stop using Mach 3.

2 Likes

The fact that it does is actually pretty telling

Because it’s frustrating. We get it. Men have been ■■■■■■■■. Men have done bad things. Men still do bad things. Men need to change. The constant barrage of negativity is a bit much.

1 Like

I don’t view it negatively.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve noticed a constant barrage of negativity, can’t say I’ve noticed much negativity at all. Maybe I’m not awake to it?

If anything I’ve probably ignored it because I don’t feel like it’s directed at me.

The fact that I’m a ■■■■ has zero to do with my gender

1 Like

Well, companies exist to make money for their owners/shareholders. Higher profile means forefront of mind in a competitive market. Every bit makes a differences. So in this case the audience, the sympathisers, the empathisers and the shareholders all have reason to rejoice.

Edit: As usual, I’m late to the party, all been said before blah blah blah burp

I understand that, to an extent.
With two caveats. The first is that wasn’t in any way an answer to my (implied) question.
And the second is that Gillette has ridiculous market dominance. They don’t need to do this for $$$$ and I don’t believe it will make a bit of difference to their bottom line either way.