Political Correctness

I’m of the opinion that any stats that can be quoted in a few lines or simple graphs are largely rubbish. The ones that are accurate are for very basic and simple things. So although wherever that stat came from may be totally above board - and in fact, accurate, it may not have much bearing on the ‘why’ we are heading in that direction.
Incidentally - this is an aside observation and not directed at any topical set of stats in particular.

1 Like

I agree that they absolutely have a strict obligation to ensure compliance to appropriate workplace behaviours. That all employees regardless of gender, race, sexuality and religion must be treated equally and respectfully.

My employer does a shitload for women. They have gender quotas, hardcore DV procedures and are leaders in LGBTQI inclusion and rights.

That’s great and I fully support all those intiatives.

I see the execution of this TVC to differ entirely from this. It’s just poorly delivered

Hypothetically, let’s say this ad, stuck a cord with say 10 people who saw it, that made them revisit their actions in a situation that’s portrayed in the ad or think twice before doing something or nothing at, what ever the case maybe. Not because they use a particular brand of shower get and they were fearful of the hypocrisy that using the gel and not standing up to a bully may ensure. But because they happened to see the ad, and just never really thought about it like that. Much in the same way someone may thing differently about gun culture after watching/listening to Childish Gambino.

Then think about how that ad effected your emotions and think about where the value of the broad message may be. Because if anything, the ad sparked a broader conversation on the topic.

1 Like

Hypothetically let’s say this ad stuck a cord with 10 boys/men who were feeling terribly vulnerable post a split with a partner. Where they were abused, cheated on & told countless times they were worthless pieces of ■■■■. That they would be financially ruined & no longer live with or have reasonable access to their children.
What if this sloppily executed TVC
was just another contributing factor to kicking them in the guts and lowering their self asteem. They flick the TV on after a dog of a day and they interpret their razor company as saying men are fundamental pieces of ■■■■. “Boys will be boys” rings in their head over & over until they finally give in.
So they used said razors to take their own lives.

Far fetched but It works both ways.
Thus why a razor company should stay out of identity politics when they clearly aren’t experts on the topic.

They could donate their profits to various organisations that assist with these causes if they feel so deeply about the issues. But just ease up on the male bashing bullshit. It’s ridiculous

1 Like

Your mate is bang on.

I can see his tears from the promo shot.

‘Let’s try to be better men.’
Waaaaaaah! Hate crime!

wtf is wrong with you people.

7 Likes

triggered

Not at all.
Completely comfortable.

I do think it’s hilarious that you men’s rights people are such snowflakes over a ‘let’s try not to be arseholes’ ad.

9 Likes

You’re the one outraged by a 2 minute video.

1 Like

As am I.

Really?
You might want to reread some of your posts.

The absolute hypocracy of you accusing others of overreacting when their little bubble is pricked is astounding.

2 Likes

I think the fundamental difference in how we view that ad, is you see it as at attack at men, and I see it as an attack at men who are fuckwits.

Do you see the difference?

4 Likes

Where you so outraged by that ad that you never watched it to the end?

1 Like

Did everyone get buthurt over this add as well

1 Like

Tbh, when I first saw it, the first ad that sprung to mind was this one.

Is the level of outrage aimed at the message, or the messenger?

Is there a difference between a government agency pushing a message (like those last two) and a razor company doing it?

I’d say so. To be fair I think a fair few people where blind sided by the source.

Messenger & delivery for mine.
There’s no doubt some fundamental truths in there that require assessing with particular individuals.
I & >~1 million other snowflakes (women included) as per YouTube alone think the delivery is deplorable.

Each to their own.

There’s cool ways they could have empowered and delivered a similar message.

Picture a father standing in the bathroom shaving, with both his young son & young daughter sitting in the bathroom vanity bench top. Both putting shaving cream on their faces. Dad having fun teaching them both how to shave with the grain (not mansplaining)

Some laughter then commentary with with the context of equity, unity and kindness. As well as empowerment and togetherness for his kids of both genders.

But what the heck do I know.

A COD video got 4 million downvotes becuase it didn’t have boots on the ground.

Viral things get viral reactions. It’s not a vote on the outcome, I’ve said I like the add however I’m definitely not going to upvote it.

2 Likes