Politics Thread

Polling showing nothing much changd under Rudd.. ALP screwed still.. debate tomorrow night is last throw of the dice

Polling showing nothing much changd under Rudd.. ALP screwed still.. debate tomorrow night is last throw of the dice

I wouldn't say nothing has changed. They were facing the whole party being wiped out, allowing for margin of error in the polls they are nowhere near out of this yet. Abbott still to be tested on costing of his 70 billion black hole. Next fortnight will reveal all. Still very hard for Labor to win, but not out of the realms of possibility yet

KRudd will eat Abbott in a debate, and while it may not win the day, his return to PM saves seats all over the place. I don’t like the guy, but many do and he is a good campaigner.

As Dave says, wait until LNP start trying to say something positive, they are never good at it. So their campaign will be more and more negative.

After what the Liberal government just did over here, wouldn't be surprised if the ALP not only now hold it's seats, but picks another up.

Co-incidentally, the Labor candidate for this seat is Tristian Cockman.

■■■■. Man.

After what the Liberal government just did over here, wouldn't be surprised if the ALP not only now hold it's seats, but picks another up.

Co-incidentally, the Labor candidate for this seat is Tristian Cockman.

■■■■. Man.

Worked with a lovely lady with the name of Glasscock, I couldn't stop sniggering every time I said it. Actually still do.

There is no rule saying Abbott has to start talking policy. People don't care. He will just make himself as small a target as possible.

Nope
Internal party polling suggests we will probably win the election

Nope
Internal party polling suggests we will probably win the election

Lol at 'internal party polling' from any side. That's like asking Gina Reinhardt for her unbiased views on taxation and then believing them.

I did that Vote Compass on the ABC website during the week. It suggested the Greens would be the party most closely aligned to my answers.

As a businessman, that shocked me a bit. Nothing some vino couldn't fix.

I did that Vote Compass on the ABC website during the week. It suggested the Greens would be the party most closely aligned to my answers.

I did it too.

That thing just measure your social concience v your lust for money.

Love money most = LNP

Bit of a social conscience = Labor

Give a serious rats about others = Green

Or that's how it seemed to me.

It actually told me that I was more closely aligned to the ALP than the Greens, which was a bit hilarious.

I think this was because I weighted some of the standard Green rallying points (refugees etc) as pretty low priority.

Edit: nope, it seems that it was because I reckon the paid parental leave scheme should be the same for everyone, that I'm not overly steamed about foreign ownership of farmland, and that I'm ok with abortion laws are ok as they are.

yeah liek Bot said it's very 2 way. pretty narrow way to define your political leanings but it sorta came through as expected for me.

More socially liberal than the ALP and more economically conservative than the greens.

The questions were all multiple choice and many of them involved assumptions that I certainly wouldn't accept.  However you have no choice: you either accept those assumptions, or you don't answer the question at all.

Very simplistic.

Is the debate on today?

Anyone know if it is televised?

Is the debate on today?

Anyone know if it is televised?

On the secondary digital channels.

what time?

what time?

20 minutes ago.

The channel 7 worm is a Lib and the channel 9 word is a leftie

I think I've watched every single election debate there's been since that format was introduced back in the 1980s, and that was by a long way the weakest I have seen.  Both of them were very poor.  I doubt that either of them won any votes on the back of that.