Politics Thread

agreed.. performed by two people who assume they are happy with the status quo

Which part of the word “debate” was tonight?

Lol at 'internal party polling' from any side. That's like asking Gina Reinhardt for her unbiased views on taxation and then believing them.

Got to tell you Boot, that Labor Internal Polling, is done very professionally and has been very accurate in the past. We now do it every few days in our electorate and the change in voting pattern since Julia was tossed is hard to believe. And we do not embellish the result, if anything is done glad half empty !

Nope
Internal party polling suggests we will probably win the election

Nickyd I would have absolutely agreed weeks ago, but I believe there has been a pull away from Rudd since the election was called. LNP pollong is saying the same (reported in the press). The major polls all have LNP ahead 52/48 or 53/47. Voters have already switched off which doesn't help Rudd. If you believe Rudd did well last night in the debate you'd be taking the ■■■■. He cheated with notes, he looked annoyed throughout and came across as arrogant. He did finish well but at best it was a nil all draw. This is Abbotts to lose now. The choice of Beattie was a mistake IMO. Rudd can still win but I think a LNP win is more likely now

I really wish I had recorded last nights debate, it would come in handy for the next time I can’t get to sleep.

I really wish I had recorded last nights debate, it would come in handy for the next time I can't get to sleep.

It was rubbish. Rudd said nothing Abbott said nothing, Rudd cheated and looked dodgy and Abbott bumbled about but was more natural than Rudd (if that's possible). Rudd finished well but started poorly. It was not very good at all

Rudd won the debate. Wouldn't have won a single extra vote mind you. At least until he promised the Marriage Equality bill.. That was clever

Got to tell you Boot, that Labor Internal Polling, is done very professionally and has been very accurate in the past. We now do it every few days in our electorate and the change in voting pattern since Julia was tossed is hard to believe. And we do not embellish the result, if anything is done glad half empty !

Yeah, but there's the sort of rigorous internal polling that you do to actually try to find out what people think, then there's the sort of 'internal polling' you do with loaded questions to get the answers you want so you can then leak it to the press, then there's the sort of 'internal polling' that never existed in the first place but which you invent when you're leaking something else to the press just to give it added credibility.

Yeah, but there's the sort of rigorous internal polling that you do to actually try to find out what people think, then there's the sort of 'internal polling' you do with loaded questions to get the answers you want so you can then leak it to the press, then there's the sort of 'internal polling' that never existed in the first place but which you invent when you're leaking something else to the press just to give it added credibility.

No HM, the ALP do internal polling for a very good reason. It is not about feeling good, or rallying the troops, or trying to demoralize the Libs etc. Much more basic, absolutely about where to spend our money on advertising etc. Marginal seats is what it is all about and anything under 5% plus or minus, is polled twice a week now to election time. We do not have money to waste and you need to target it carefully.
If we were still looking at a landslide, we would save the money for the next State Election or 2016. I find it hard to believe mate, but the current polls show, a loss of one seat in Vic, gain of one in WA and one in Tassie, gain of 5 in Qld and two losses in NSW.
ALP 75
LNP 74
independent 1
Could be very different in four weeks !! But I am getting more confident.

Don't know how the night has been but have just flipped to Q&A during a commerical. Pine isn't for real is he?

The question was simple "When will we get costing details?"

We won't do what Labor did in 2007... That wasn't the question... I'll tell you what we will do, abolish the carbon tax, abolish the mining tax.... that wasn't the question!... well she wanted the details... yes the COSTING details...

then they ask the lady in the audience if her question was answered, to which she responded no, I want to know when we will get told the costing details.

Well we won't do what Labor did....

at which point I had enough. What an absolute ■■■■!

Q and A was enthralling this evening.

Spent a lot of time talked about corrupt media, which was great.

If you just landed in the country and clicked on that show and said there were 3 pollies of parties you could vote into power, and you based it on how those 3 spoke. Adam Bandt would be running the country.

I just wish Christopher ■■■■■■ Pine would quit the the Rik Mayall impression.  It's getting tedious.

And yes, Ben, Adam Ant is very convincing with all the great Old Left policies that Labor has forgotten about.

If you just landed in the country and clicked on that show and said there were 3 pollies of parties you could vote into power, and you based it on how those 3 spoke. Adam Bandt would be running the country.

The good news is that Bandt will not be there after the election. Cath Bowtell will be a great ALP member in the seat of Melbourne and Bandt can go back to being an ambulance chaser.

No HM, the ALP do internal polling for a very good reason. It is not about feeling good, or rallying the troops, or trying to demoralize the Libs etc. Much more basic, absolutely about where to spend our money on advertising etc. Marginal seats is what it is all about and anything under 5% plus or minus, is polled twice a week now to election time. We do not have money to waste and you need to target it carefully.
If we were still looking at a landslide, we would save the money for the next State Election or 2016. I find it hard to believe mate, but the current polls show, a loss of one seat in Vic, gain of one in WA and one in Tassie, gain of 5 in Qld and two losses in NSW.
ALP 75
LNP 74
independent 1
Could be very different in four weeks !! But I am getting more confident.

What does your insiders say about Preferences from KAT and PUP? Will Rudd get them or are they going with Tony? I recon they will decide a few QLD seats.

What does your insiders say about Preferences from KAT and PUP? Will Rudd get them or are they going with Tony? I recon they will decide a few QLD seats.

I didn't get that detail from Qld data.   Got to remember that Labor lost 11 seats in 2010; 7 in Qld; some will return to Labor with very small swing.

Giddy up One Nation candidate in Logan!

http://youtu.be/G5BFo_avPIk

Sex appeal? Wtf tony?

What amused me more was it was being discussed on TV stations that hire presenters based on sex appeal.

What amused me more was it was being discussed on TV stations that hire presenters based on sex appeal.

What are we coming to?

It's as bad as Barack Obama being forced to issue a statement of clarification because he said that someone was the best looking Attorney General in the country.  For some reason that was considered to be sexist and degrading.  FFS. 

More just a sign of Abbott being thick than being actively sexist imho. 

Was asked why people should vote for the candidate he was there to promote, and obviously had absolutely no idea who she was, what she did or why she was running.  So tried to come up with a lame joke to cover it, and was stupid enough to come out with one that ffs he should KNOW that coming from him, was going to sound absolutely terrible. 

Didn't know his candidate, couldn't think on his feet to hide it, and unnecessarily reopened himself to the 'sexist' line of attack all over again. 

And ok, maybe just a little sexist, but in a casual, privileged 'don't worry your pretty head about it, little lady' kinda way rather than a screaming frothing 'man-hating feminazis are destroying civilization!' type way.  But nothing we didn't already know there.