Politics Thread

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
LOL and there he goes with the party line and ignoring the facts.

I have read the full point of what he was saying and what he said was offensive and bordered on being racist.

This is not about some white people who just don’t want to work and prefer to spend their days surfing in north Queensland and NSW central coast and expect the tax-payers to help them do it.

This is about a people group who have traditionally lived off the land and had a productive society built around community living and teaching. What the Prime Minister wants them to do is to become white people who work a 9-5 job and have highly educated children who can add back to society in taxes and if they won’t do that then they can fend for themselves. That is old colonialism at it’s racist worst.

Absolute bullocks.

If Abbott cured cancer you would be offended.

It is not me that is offended it is the entire Aboriginal people who are offended and they come out and said so. Don’t be a ■■■■ just because, actually stop and use your brain and think about what is being said to you for a change. Stop towing some artificial party line and realise that real people are involved and are hurt by having their cultural ways labelled as “lifestyle choices”. They lived that way for a long time before we came on the scene and called them lazy and tried to change the way they lived before deciding it would be easy to steal, rape and destroy them instead.

Now we seem to be going back in the same direction and you seem rather supportive of such behaviour.

Go and visit a remote community. Your fantasised notion of how these remote communities live will soon be destroyed. Why you would want people to continue to exist in this way beggars belief.

I have, and you’re talking complete rubbish.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I have read the full point of what he was saying and what he said was offensive and bordered on being racist.

This is not about some white people who just don’t want to work and prefer to spend their days surfing in north Queensland and NSW central coast and expect the tax-payers to help them do it.

This is about a people group who have traditionally lived off the land and had a productive society built around community living and teaching. What the Prime Minister wants them to do is to become white people who work a 9-5 job and have highly educated children who can add back to society in taxes and if they won’t do that then they can fend for themselves. That is old colonialism at it’s racist worst.

Absolute bullocks.

It is not me that is offended it is the entire Aboriginal people who are offended and they come out and said so. Don’t be a ■■■■ just because, actually stop and use your brain and think about what is being said to you for a change. Stop towing some artificial party line and realise that real people are involved and are hurt by having their cultural ways labelled as “lifestyle choices”. They lived that way for a long time before we came on the scene and called them lazy and tried to change the way they lived before deciding it would be easy to steal, rape and destroy them instead.

Now we seem to be going back in the same direction and you seem rather supportive of such behaviour.

Go and visit a remote community. Your fantasised notion of how these remote communities live will soon be destroyed. Why you would want people to continue to exist in this way beggars belief.

have you visited a remote community?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Absolute bullocks.

And you were last in a remote community when, exactly?

You demonstrate your complete ignorance, time and time again. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Absolute bullocks.

My niece is a teacher at a WA remote Indigenous school, has been for a few years. She lives with the families and teaches the children at the school. She loves what she does and is deeply saddened that soon this will be taken away from these people she now calls family. They do not deserve it.

BTW this is not all they are losing, funding across the board is being stripped away. There is mining in this region and the mining companies want to expand. I wonder why this is happening right now?

How do you delete a draft post that doesn’t want to go away?

Quoted Post

You demonstrate your complete ignorance, time and time again. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Is there any chance you can ever make a comment without abusing someone?
Just once would be nice.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Absolute bullocks.

Yes, plenty of times and I know of 3 people who are current teachers.

These people are all ‘lefties’ and they all say the same. You are lucky to get a 20% attendance rate at school most days, many of the children live in dysfunctional households and hardly any of them get past Year 9 or 10. They are also often intimidated physically by the childrens 'guardians should they ever dare speak up about it.

And so the cycle perpetuates.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Absolute bullocks.

These people are all ‘lefties’ and they all say the same. You are lucky to get a 20% attendance rate at school most days, many of the children live in dysfunctional households and hardly any of them get past Year 9 or 10. They are also often intimidated physically by the childrens 'guardians should they ever dare speak up about it.

Sorry, I think we’re talking about different things when talking about ‘remote communities.’

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Absolute bullocks.

Which cycle would that be? Who “perpetuates” it? Who kicked it off?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Just once would be nice.

Quid Pro Quo

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Just once would be nice.

ironic

To the entity trading as Daytripper:

In no way have I abused you, just your idea. Your idea is stupid, because of your ignorance. You know, ignorant of the facts. The fact that many Indigenous people are completely and utterly connected to the land. The fact of neo con regimes trying to and achieving feather-nesting for their only constituents, the big end of town. They are trying to finish what John Batman and his ilk started.

Persons like you might insist that refugees should assimilate but perhaps we should have done the same; integrating into the population that was already here. Don’t believe Tony Balony when he says there was only bush.

Quoted Post

To the entity trading as Daytripper:

In no way have I abused you, just your idea. Your idea is stupid, because of your ignorance. You know, ignorant of the facts. The fact that many Indigenous people are completely and utterly connected to the land. The fact of neo con regimes trying to and achieving feather-nesting for their only constituents, the big end of town. They are trying to finish what John Batman and his ilk started.

Persons like you might insist that refugees should assimilate but perhaps we should have done the same; integrating into the population that was already here. Don’t believe Tony Balony when he says there was only bush.

Unfortunately time machines have not been invented so we can’t go back and integrate to the population that was here 300 years ago.

You offer no solutions. You’re only interest seemingly is sneering at anyone who does actually suggest an idea.

By the way, everyone was connected to the land if you want to go back in history long enough. And if they are ‘completely and utterly connected to the land’ then why is there so much gnashing of teeth when the funding tap is cut. Can’t have it both ways, champ.

What solutions do you or the Libs offer though DT? Removing funding isn’t offering a solution, all it is doing is trying to save money from the budget.

Meanwhile companies, especially mining ones, continue to minimise the amount of tax they pay thereby robbing Australia of an opportunity to balance the budget. Then, on top of that, you have a loop-hole in the super laws that allow a person to put however much money into their super and only be taxed at 15%, even if they were to put in millions, which is what is happening. So instead of this millionaire paying 48% tax, they end up paying only 15%.

There are many other ways to raise revenue or protect the budget other than slamming minorities and the less fortunate.

It’s not an unlimited amount that can be put into super that has the concessional tax rate of 15%.

Quoted Post

It's not an unlimited amount that can be put into super that has the concessional tax rate of 15%.

No but the amount can be rather high

Speaking as someone in a household with two incomes relying on salary sacrifice, it’s a friggin’ rort.
Super and SS has to be reeled in.
Slowly, not like farkstick Rudd who called a significant amount of middle Australia tax cheats and they were going to go from everything to nothing overnight.

There’s crap like this everywhere, not just super and SS, but the mining tax that the Liberals stole from the nation (might be too friggin’ late now), the garbage tax the highest earning Australian companies are paying, the even more garbage tax international companies are paying in Australia, rebates, handouts, and apparently gold-plated maternity leave (does my head in against this economic backdrop, it really does)…

It’s there. It’s everywhere.
Which is why the Libs make me so friggin’ angry.
They’re just so intellectually lazy.

Cut health, education, ABC, R&D, tax petrol, alcohol, cigarettes…

I COULD ■■■■■■■ DO THAT!
I COULD HAVE COME UP WITH THAT WHEN I WAS 20!

Ahh, conservatives - the supposiTORIes of all wisdom.

Pathetic animals really, believing they know everything and anything that diverges from their blinkered view of the world is a product of biased media and/or a leftist plot. Paranoia and fear run thickly in their blood.

Whilst I consider politicians of all persuasions to be generally self serving scum, the current bunch led by Tony the Tool and his Liberal cronies particularly deserve a one way ticket to Nusakambangan.

Quoted Post

Ahh, conservatives - the supposiTORIes of all wisdom.

Pathetic animals really, believing they know everything and anything that diverges from their blinkered view of the world is a product of biased media and/or a leftist plot. Paranoia and fear run thickly in their blood.

Whilst I consider politicians of all persuasions to be generally self serving scum, the current bunch led by Tony the Tool and his Liberal cronies particularly deserve a one way ticket to Nusakambangan.

The irony is your post above comes from a position that you know everything.
Maybe they are right and you are wrong.