Politics

I think the five dollars is a trifle when you consider what a dollar bought when the twenty-five cents was put in place. I think there is plenty of evidence to say that exploiters of mineral resources get their product from us, the owners of said product, at ridiculously low cost. Once dug up and exported, it’s gone. I also don’t mind Grylls as he definitely did not toe the liberal party line like most of his predecessors.

2 Likes

I will believe it when I see it. The only way I can see them installing without pressure, is if they had income tax to reduce and are doing the negative gearing thing. I presume that’s why my sons’ landlord installed ducted air con.

Whilst I’m well aware of the nature of people in my town I’m reasonably disappointed in the depths of stupidity to not only invite this woman to a speaking event but to promote it heavily immediately following the weekend’s events.

I know of this happening cause I see it on tax returns. Solar panels are deemed as a captial investment, so the depreciation on them would be tax deductible. So in essence you get the rebate + depreciation.

So you going?

Unfortunately I’ll be out of town. But I am a member of the business group putting on the event and replied to their announcement email yesterday with just “You can’t be serious”.

6 Likes

That’d be asking for trouble as a landlord I reckon. Basically you’re giving the tenant a licence to run aircon or electric bar heaters or similar power-guzzlers all day and promising you’ll pick up the tab if they burn more than the panels produce. No incentive at all for them to control their power use at all. And god help you if they decide to install a hydroponic setup…

2 Likes

Fine print my friend. You state how much kw you can use per quarter and then X amount after that. Think of it like a phone plan.

Even if you don’t include that, you can just charge more rent with the caveat that the renter pays less in electricity charges.

Dodgy as buggery, economically very good.

*Disclaimer, not financial advice.

" cannot even maths"

2 Likes

Twowoomber.

1 Like

It would be a poor investment as a landlord. My experience and advice from estate agents is that unless spending money is required to keep your house in a good state, add value to it or fail&fix the advice is that it’s not worth it.
It won’t get you more rent (people look at the house and look and location primarily) and it won’t add value to your investment. Hence the money is better either not spent (most likely) or spent on something that would genuinely add value and still give an income offset.

Huh. I guess my crazy out-there idea of how to get elected to the senate might actually work.

Idea is to go all Trump-like and say outlandish sht to get the votes of the “”""“common man”"""" but when I get in, come out all like “sucked in idiots, I’m not actually retarded” and then go about unleashing my moderately anarchist views on parliament.

Ah, so RADedalaide has always been living in the dark. lol.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s70805.htm

Good to see Diggers’ mate A Mitchell has also got the ■■■■.

That makes seven ministers losing their seats in the WA elections.

It is not surprising so much that they lost their seats as that people can be as incompetent as those arseholes and get a Ministry.

Now the reports are that Mike Nahan will be next opposition leader.

This is the bloke who acted as the most recent WA Treasurer during the biggest mining boom in the country’s history yet ran up the biggest deficit in the country’s history.

I was at a conference where we had visiting dignitaries from China and he gave the welcoming address. He boasted (without too much evidence) that Perth was no longer “Dullsville”. Because that is what Chinese movers-and-shakers are concerned about.

Spare me.

2 Likes

He’s only been treasurer for the last few years.

Thanks for the news flash.

If that is the best defence you can muster, well…

Of course I know the previous incumbent was too busy getting ■■■■■■ and smashing his car into parked cars, rooting MLAs from other parties, sniffing chairs that women had been sitting on, and having all this covered up by staffers who LIED to Parliament. (For those in the civilised States who could not believe such a thing was possible and who don’t believe this, google Troy Buswell).

But my dear CC, I invite you to read my text more carefully. If you had, you would have seen that I wrote: “who acted as the most recent WA Treasurer” through these spendthrift years.

That is not too excuse him. He still has been part of the egregious waste of billions on the stadium, that disgrace on the Swan, and Roe8, amongst many others.

No doubt the Liberal WA Government was a disaster and really on the nose.

If you review the result, then Labor actually gave a real alternate for the Voters, with good local policy that was well stated and believable, and they received their highest primary vote for a very, very long time. Voters had others alternatives but none including PHON or Greens was believable or acceptable enough to attract enough of those who left the Libs.

Hope Labor can learn this Nationally.

2 Likes

■■■ I don’t care, was just pointing out he’s only been in that job for a few years.

2 Likes

HIRE THAT GUY!

1 Like