Politics

Did he write that? Generalist rubbish

No that was very good. easy to read and lots of pictures. People of Tripper’s ilk will enjoy that immensly

Correct me if i’m wrong here, but didn’t Howard say the GST was supposed to eliminate the black market economy?

My memory is a bit shady on this.

2 Likes

I think this was my favorite part:

“If you have observed someone and you are not sure if they are a left-wing person, seek their opinion on “the Tories” or “Brexit”. If they start to shout and care, they are left-wing.”

What a split-a-thon. There’s so much black and white thinking in there it’s like a 5 year old in a Collingwood jumper. Quite interesting and humorous.

1 Like

In introducing the GST, the government and Treasury left out the bits. They would have known that the black economy has never been stamped out in the European equivalent. The GST was also supposed to eliminate State and Territory taxes, with the coverage of services ( not previously taxed), but we still have things such as stamp duty.
They also knew that they could not touch Council taxes such as rates, as Councils are not recognised in the Constitution and the Feds cannot compensate Councils for lost revenue. . There was a failed referendum on that.
Also, the figures on the cascading effect of the wholesale sales tax and other taxes were rubbery.
The alternative was to increase revenue from income taxes, which would have been more equitable.

1 Like

I found that bit interesting myself.

Class warrior. LOL. Thanks for the laugh Boot.

1 Like

Caring. Classic left wing tactic.

3 Likes

So these tax changes, Company tax is tax you pay on after expenses end of year profit yeah?

1 Like

That’d be the one.

So, a small to medium business makes 100 grand profit after wages and all expenses

So this tax cut saves them about $1500 in tax. How many jobs will that create?

No wonder the government is refusing to release modelling

1 Like

Errr - Im pretty sure it’s been deliberately written like that.

But thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious anyway.

Deliberately written with poor logic. Got it.

It’s the tripper way. Be an idiot, present completely useless crap as evidence of said idiocy, … then get hissy about it when it’s pointed out.

It’s a circular, never ending story type thing…

2 Likes

Probably attention seeking more than anything else.

1. Drop stupid bomb

2. Watch everyone running around trying to put out fire.

3. Fan flames

1 Like

LOL - Its satire.

It even states it at the top of the page. Hilarious that the usual suspects take it literally. I really wonder about people sometimes.

You think I bother to click on, or read anything you post??

Now THAT is fkn hilarious.

Don’t think anyone did take it literally.

Satire by it’s very nature is based on perception. This particular 10 year old views caring about others as a point of comedy. Speaks volumes for the viewpoint/ideology it projects.

If caring about others is a leftist flaw worthy of comedy, why are so many right leaning people eager to join together in support of one another?

And you posted it because to you that’s how it is.
Farking spanner.

If leftists didn’t take themselves so seriously then maybe you would understand that the point of the article was that lefties like everyone to know that they care. Not that they actually care.

And just because leftists like everyone to know that they care does not mean everyone else does not care. The two are not mutually exclusive.