Politics

Labor should have won by ten seats and lost by one. Are you saying the Greens, by standing for election, cost Labor 11 seats?

If Labor behaved similarly to MacManus they’d have my vote back in an instant.

Sally is a star

I think he means, ■■■■ the greens for us having to be less ■■■■

No Cobber, he means the Greens are rollover merchants, backside licking compromisers with no farking scruples.

1 Like

No, I’m saying because the Libs were on the ropes, with no hope short of a terror attack or such to recover, and getting bashed to pieces daily, with their poll numbers falling steadily by the week, it would have reached the point in 2 - 3 months to overcome Shortens lack of appeal/popularity.

They knew their only hope was to go early, and the Greens allowed that for them, thinking they could get more seats & power with a full senate election and the halved vote quota that a double diss would provide, … and again, they showed their complete lack of Political nous in their selfishness.

All they did was give the Libs another 3 years to get their shitt together, let PHON in to the Senate with a substantial, & potentially decisive block,… and lost one seat for themselves.

Idiots.

Best person should get the job alright. One of my outstanding employees is about to leave on Sunday because his 457 application has been rejected. He/we started the process in Feb 2016. We followed all the rules as the sponsoring business and were indeed approved as such in July 2016. He follwed all the rules as an applicant and his skills were verified by the department yet he was ultimately denied for what appears to be political reasons rather than anything else. They haven’t told him or me why the application was denied and there is seemingly no recourse. I lose an outstanding employee and he loses an opportunity that would never have come his way back home. The way this has been handled is a disgrace.

3 Likes

There are a great many untruths in this.

Shorten has had more than 2-3 months since then, what has he done?

Nothing.

What is he capable of?

Nothing.

Labor has the perfect opponent in Albanese for Turnbull, but they deliberately push him to the background. The only time Shorten hits the news cycle is when he farks up. Even when handed the most stinking, rotten, mean spirited government in our country’s history he can’t cut through and present a viable alternative.

Face it: The electorate saw Labor under Shorten as a worse alternative than a Turnbull Liberal government.

If you reckon that’s the Greens fault I think your externalising blame.

3 Likes

I’m not defending Shortens shortcomings, or saying he wasn’t a large impediment to victory,… he clearly was.

With Albo or Pliba leading at the last election, it was over.

But if they weren’t able to go early though, it was also over, albeit with a slimmer majority.

The Greens shot themselves, & IMO, the country in the foot.

I’m not surprised and this is will bill shortsighted is ■■■■■■■ me off so much.

In favour of hiring some less dedicated, less qualified local we are sending what could be the next generation of great Australians home, at the expense of opportunity and productivity.

1 Like

Speaking of politics history, … anyone see Ol’ Clive on the news today??

Looks like he has lost about half of himself, . I hardly recognised him.

Did he visit George christensen’s Asian doctor?

Get Up dissects the Budget … (Bolding mine)

From Paul, @ Get Up!

Dear BSD,

Last night’s Budget proves two things,

First: persistent people power achieved what few dreamt possible, finally laying to bed the brutal austerity agenda of the 2014 Abbott Budget.

Second: the fight for a more fair, flourishing and just Australia has so much further to go.

Treasurer Scott Morrison announced revolting measures that demonise people on income support. He confirmed his cuts to our universities and cost-shifting onto students. His housing announcements will do nothing to make homes more affordable.

And not one single mention of climate change.

Meanwhile: a whopping great $24 billion tax cut for Big Business, a free pass for corporate tax cheats and a recommitment to the Adani slush fund.

But make no mistake, the ground has shifted. The Turnbull Government delivered on a needs-based funding formula for our schools, a slow thawing of the Medicare rebate freeze, big infrastructure spends, and a new levy on the Big Banks.

Now it’s all eyes on Labor. On Thursday night, Bill Shorten will have a choice: to play small-target partisan politics – or step up and truly move the goalposts in a big way.

We’ll be covering Mr Shorten’s budget reply speech live from the lawns of Parliament House – and we’d love for you to tune in and join us.

Once the dust has settled, we’ll continue the fight. Because we know, now more than ever, that if we fight and act together, we can change what’s possible.

Because the banks won’t give up. The big polluters won’t give up. And the corporate tax cheats certainly won’t give up either. And the only thing that can match their money and insider influence is all of us acting together, for each other.

Thanks for being a part of it,
Paul, for the GetUp team

PS – They’re quite literally taking the ■■■■. Perhaps the most egregious measure in last night’s Budget was urine testing for people on income support. It’s demeaning. It’s disgraceful. And we’re going to make sure our Coalition MPs and Senators know exactly what it feels like. Click here to demand a ■■■■ test from your Coalition MP or Senator.

Lol.

1 Like

Quite possibly, … even his fkn head is half the size.

Spot on. This fellow is the type of person this country needs. He’ll probably never return after how he has been treated.

What sort of visa has he been here on ?

I hope so because I’ve become very disenchanted over the past few years. The unions have taken a complete battering, particularly with the HSU rorting, and their inability to keep jobs in the country.
Our manufacturing industry has gone. It’s depressing.

Part of the problem is no one wants to train staff anymore. They would rather pay less for someone on a457 visa than train a local.

1 Like

Cost vs output, in my days of running call centres, immigrants work twice as hard, are a lot more reliable and generally out performed their sickie after stereos colleges.

What a nonsense generalisation.

Slaves work harder as well, when they are whipped, and that is what many of these 457 scams are about.

Your continued theme, that us lazy Aussie workers are no good and not worth the effort, has never been my experience of a lot longer than you.

When did you become so rightwing.

You need a holiday.

1 Like