Politics

Need some Lab tests though so you can Retriever few samples.

Wondering why the Liberals are gunning for GET UP! ??

Because they expose this sort of thing, … that’s why.

Want to find Australia’s real “bludger hotspot”? Look no further than the offices of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp.

Murdoch’s front pages screamed themselves hoarse this week about so-called “bludger hot spots” – a humiliating attack on thousands of everyday people locked out of paid work who rely on income support to make ends meet.1

Their numbers were not just inaccurate and misleading,2 it was a shameless case of the pot calling the kettle… a ‘bludger’.

Because Murdoch’s global media empire – News Corp – is notorious as one of Australia’s worst corporate tax cheats.3,4,5,6

That’s why GetUp members are teaming up with investigative journalist, Michael West, to set the record straight. Together, we’ll call out News Corp’s ‘bludger’ hypocrisy – the perfect antidote to their hateful lies about people locked out of paid work.

Watch the video of investigative journalist Michael West exposing News Corp’s dodgy tax affairs – and then share it with everyone you know.

The Murdoch Press routinely publishes vicious reporting that humiliates and marginalises people struggling to get by. Here are just some of Rupert’s greatest hits…

News Corp’s front pages aren’t just poor journalism – they’re deliberately crafted to vilify people living below the poverty line. And they give false legitimacy to the government attacks on our social safety net.

That’s why GetUp members are coming together to expose News Corp’s rank hypocrisy, calling them out for being the corporate ‘bludgers’ they are – and exposing their ideological attacks on low-income communities.

Can you watch and share Michael West’s hard hitting video calling out Murdoch’s ‘bludger’ hypocrisy?

Together we can set the record straight,

GetUp team.

PS – These explosive findings about News Corp’s tax cheating were made possible by the contributions of 3,326 GetUp members. They chipped in to fund independent reporting by leading investigative journalist Michael West into Australia’s worst corporate tax cheats. Congratulations to everyone who gave to this campaign!

References
[1] Blacktown in Sydney, Caboolture in QLD: Worst welfare cheat suburbs revealed, News​.com​.au, June 13 2017
[2] Coalition accused of vilification after releasing list of ‘bludger hotspots’, The Guardian, 13 /june 2017
[3] Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp is ATO’s top tax risk, Australian Financial Review, May 11 2015
[4] How News Corp ended up being the nation’s No.1 tax risk, the sydney Morning Herald, May 12 2015
[5] News Australia loses appeal in Federal Court on $15m tax bill, Sydney Morning Herald, 9 June 2017
[6] Media minnow is grateful for swipe by foreign media gorilla News Corp, MichaelWest​.com​.au, 10 June 2017

Libs and Labor shut down the greens bill to have female sanitary products removed from the GST.

Wow

■■■■■!

2 Likes

That’s when you can confirm that politicians have absolutely no interest in entertaining policy that benefits the community if it comes from any party other than their own

2 Likes

I honestly thought that was one of the first things dealt with after Howard got the arze.
Huh.

No, it’s still considered a luxury under the current government

They actually agreed on this one.

From a general gender specific health policy and research pov, women get royally screwed

Edit: I see now you meant against the greens

Qantas flight 20, Denpasar, meals and accom’, rent-a-car
I’ve been to Bali, I’ve been to Bali too
I’ve eaten dogmeat, I’ve eaten dogmeat too.

3 Likes

Redgum bootlegs…

2 Likes

Head to Kuta try to schmooze some cooch,

Some cold Bin Tangs & some satay Pooch,

I’ve been to Bali, I’ve eaten dogmeat too …

1 Like

Mrs diggers and I are about the only people here in WA not to have ever visited Bali. And as it turns out, two of the few Western Australian’s who have never consumed poisoned dog.

3 Likes

And good luck to those who choose to visit Bali. No, really…

Never even been vaguely tempted.

One of my nephews went there for his 21st, his mates wanted to go to the fancy bar but he’s such a tightarse, they hung around for one more beer at the cheapo, and as they left for Paddy’s Bar (?), the joint blew up.

Gees. That was close.

When my mum rang the next morning, i had no idea what she was talking about.

I hadn’t heard the news of the bombing, I didn’t know he was turning 21 and I didn’t know he was in Bali,

Ex went to Bali with her mate for 2 weeks. I stayed home to look after our 3 year old daughter. Day she came back she ended our relationship. Aside from only seeing my child half as much as I would like to for the last 5 years it’s been wonderful. I love Bali.

7 Likes

I’m glad it worked out for you but on a serious note, if your misses wants to go to Bali with a group of girlfriends, there is a 98% chance she will get knobbed by someone other than you. And a 99% chance she will consume poisoned dog.

1 Like

Things obviously weren’t going well and by that point I didn’t really care if she was there for that. It was the amount of money she spent there despite it being such a cheap destination that really got me.

+1
Or +2 counting Mrs AT.