Politics

Agreed.

I’d add that he has shown the utmost integrity in addressing the issue as well.

I was wondering if her and the NSW Greens chastisement & banishment may have had something to do with this suddenly just now coming to light??

@benfti R U OK?

1 Like

I get the feeling this may be some way off given his recent struggles and time away from office.

The senate will definitely become a very interesting place without him.

The Senate will be a better place without him.

2 Likes

I would’ve thought this was an AEC thing to check? Is it really the politcal parties who check this out themselves?

Predictable and sad.

I should have said that the Senate would be a better place without all Greens; but getting Ludlam gone is a good start.

Yep. Better that labor be allowed to turn in to the liberal party without the uncomfortable reminder that the workers they used to represent still need actual representation.

The Greens will nominate his replacement, so your mob will be cruelly denied the opportunity to give the next Mark Arbib or Martin Ferguson a chance to shine, Bacchus…

I heard it would be decided by a recount of the 2016 ballot??

That will be the second recount for WA Senators.

Recount and the third Green on the 2016 ticket will get up.

You know people get all worked up by the politically educated feds and to some extent the states. I don’t really think there’s enough distinction between the two as both parties are bought anyway.

Its local government where all the damage is done. Grubby and corrupt as hell.

Anyone who thinks our political system is the.envy of the world is either a politician themself or drunk too much of their cordial.

I liked Martin Fergusson. Thought he was aptly pragmatic.

Ludlum seemed ok. For a Green. (Lol. Just winding you up, Green Blitzers. Kinda).

Lee Rhiannon is an absolute nutter imo.

Nope they will do a recount. The next Green on the ticket should win that.

I just get annoyed at this lauding Ludlam for his honesty and integrity.

He is either stupid or dishonest, and when he was told the gig was up he made it look like a big surprise! What bullshite

How would someone know if they kept their previous citizenship once becoming citizen if another country?

Honest q

1 Like

Well Vanders, I spent a long time as a Local Government Councillor and Mayor, and never once saw any graft or corruption.

A shiteload of incompetence, but no crooks.

Chinese have a good system, one Party, and under the current Premier, any Pollie who cheats in any way, gets a bullet in the brain.

It varies from country to country I think.

Some countries allow dual citizenship, others don’t an consider you to have renounced your citizenship with them if you ever take up citizenship with another country.

Basically, you have to do your own research, probably with your old country’s embassy. Ludlam obviously didn’t.

1 Like

The citizenship test requirement of renunciation of other citizenship was deleted in 1986, in part because it was not enforceable in regard to countries which do not permit renunciation. Some countries provide for automatic loss of citenzship on acquiring another citizenship ( seemingly not NZ) .
Australia has actively engaged in agreements with other countries to have dual citizenship recognised.