Politics

Haha. I don’t need to look for loopholes. Every word I write is deliberate. Especially on a controversial topic such as this one.
There are so many people so ready to call people out without a second thought, without reading, without comprehending, and without understanding what has been written.
You are just another one of many. So quick to assume some sort of moral superiority. Then try to denigrate someone.

I always remember my English teacher telling us that name calling was the lowest form of argument, a refuge for people that have nothing to add to the conversation.

And by the way. You still haven’t quoted me correctly. It’s a fail for comprehension for you.

Did someone say the community there need to sort themselves out for the way they reacted?

As if it wasn’t in anyway the tipping point of years of injustice?

2 Likes

Yep.

That would be Scorpio above that nobody has labelled racist saying things that aren’t racist, such as what you’ve highlighted.

Good thing he said it very deliberately though.

I didn’t say you didn’t deliberately add loopholes. I said you use them when called out after saying something controversial.

a get out clause if you like. Just in case a big scary name caller comes after you.

That would be so awful in comparison to the farkin topic we’re discussing

No. Apparently people would like to think that’s what I said.

I don’t understand why people are upset with your post.

1 Like

Not wrong.
Some really fked up stories of wrongful conviction and easy let offs emanate from the judicial sewer they have over there.

Could you explain the post to me as I have trouble reading Scorpio.

Is it the one that uses ‘lots of people’ and ‘mea culpa’ or the one where he says that ‘There seems to be very few Indigenous people coming up with ways to improve the lives of kids’ in response to a child being killed by someone not from the community?

‘Fell into the path of the car?’ You make it sound like the bloke in the car was just tootling along at 35kph on the way to take his elderly mother to church on Sunday when the kid carelessly slipped over in front of him.

That wasn’t what happened. The guy chased the kid down like a dog. I read in the Australian, that well-known bastion of liberal bleeding-heartedness, that the bloke had a skinful earlier in the night. Then he got in his car and when he saw this kid, started chasing him. It was submitted in evidence that the bloke knew the bike didn’t have the speed to escape. He chased the kid, who had no hope of getting away, and he kept chasing him. What did the guy expect to happen? That he’d catch up to the kid, tap him on the shoulder out the window, and the kid would stop, say ‘it’s a fair cop guv’, and give the bike back? What was the kid supposed to do? Did he even know who was chasing him or why?

You’re making it sound like a tragic unforeseeable accident. It wasn’t. It was like Spielberg’s Duel. Once the bloke started chasing the kid there was only one way it could possibly end. The kid would have been (understandably!) too scared to stop, and the bike was too slow for him to get away. He’d try to run, and fail, and do something desperate, and eventually come off and probably die. And that’s exactly what happened.

I don’t think the guy intended to kill the kid. I think he just got lost in the chase, and wanted to catch him, but like the dog chasing the car, didn’t give a thought about what catching his quarry would mean. He was utterly contemptuous of the risk to the kid’s life until it was too late. Again, what do you think would happen if someone chased down and ran over a kid who nicked a bike in a leafy eastern suburb? (I WAS a kid in a leafy eastern suburb, I know it happens) I think the words ‘high spirited’ and ‘youthful’ and ‘foolish mistake’ would be used about the kid a lot, and a lot fewer people would be saying 'well, it’s sad but if he hadn’t stolen the bike, and anyway why isn’t there a sense of mea culpa from the private school community? ’

[quote=“Scorpio, post:5800, topic:3090”]However it is likely if the bike had not been stolen the guy in the truck would not have been there.
I think where the problem lies for a lot of people is there rarely seems to be any sense of mea cupla from the indigenous community. Things always seem to happen that are other peoples fault.
[/quote]

A Kalgoorlie white man was just convicted of causing a child’s death by being reckless and irresponsible and thinking he was Batman in a 4wd trying to Fight Crime, after downing a sixpack. He could very easily have been convicted of more serious charges. I suspect, had the same thing happened in a capital city and with a non-aboriginal victim, he would have been. Where is the sense of mea culpa in the white community? Things always seem to happen that are other people’s fault…

2 Likes

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Except you too have got your facts wrong.
The irresponsible Kalogoolie redneck white man (try and tell me that in itself is not racist) had his six pack the night before. Presumably prior to 8.15pm when they arrived home. He went out looking until 10.30pm. He then went out the next morning at 8.30 am according to the story in the Australian that you quote.

As for how the child was killed.
“He said he accepted the collision happened as the man said it did, after Elijah turned unexpectedly into the path of the ute.” That’s from the Chief Justice. Not me.

It’s an absolute tragedy when any child is killed particularly, in a manner such as this.

No.

Wasn’t asking you.

You literally said there is no sense of guilt from the indigenous community.

No sense of guilt that a 14 year old child was killed by someone who had no business being where he was, doing what he was doing.

The killer caused the death of a 14 year old child, and you want his community to express guilt?

Where?

Time to stop ganging up on Scorpio, guys.

She has kept a solid line and doesn’t deserve some of the abuse that has been dished up.

Surely there are targets more worthy of criticism and our energy.

2 Likes

Somewhere in there I reckon.

Somewhere in there I reckon.
[/quote]

You reckon?

Do you know what literally means?

Thanks Albert

1 Like

You reckon?

Do you know what literally means?
[/quote]

Do you know what “mea culpa” means?

She said it was a tragedy what happened to the child. She corrected some points made about the incident. She noted that she didn’t think the indigenous community - broadly speaking - were coming up with ways to improve the kids lives.
No victim blaming I can see.

1 Like