Politics

Who on here has said the kid is to blame?

Those saying if he hadn’t stole the bike this wouldn’t have happened or likening him to a burglar.

No one even knows if he stole the bike fwiw. The cops directed the driver to look for the bike in spot they are often dumped. The child was in the vicinity of that exact spot. May have picked up dumped bike. Not sure. But it is not relevant. If someone stole my shoes I have no right to kill a person wearing a similar pair.

Well there you go. A Redneck.
And that’s not racist?

The “redneck” was advised to go there by the police to look for his stolen bike. Ergo bike not stolen he wouldn’t have been there. That’s not victim blaming. That’s a statement of fact.

Secondly what people being killed? There was one person killed and a whole lot rioting. Perhaps the rioting ones could try to work towards some solutions for the dysfunction in their own communities.

It victim blaming as you are putting the guy being there as justification for killing a child. Him being there. Bike stolen. Doesn’t matter one iota

I reckon if I’d been killed, displaced, victimised, dehumanised, poisoned and told it was all my fault for 200 plus years I’d be pretty dysfunctional too.

But let me guess, “move on”?

1 Like

The fact the cop put the guy in the vicinity of the proposed perpetrator says a lot about the state of policing in that area too. ‘Handle it yourself’ which is basically what the guy said in court too.

2 Likes

You persist in trying to put words into other people mouths.

If all that happened to someone for 200 years would be a bit of a problem. But it hasn’t. We can all carry angst at what happened to our ancestors and how unfair the world is. But it’s not particularly useful.
Some of us choose to make that the defining driver in our lives. Some of us choose not to.

Or in other words: “move on”.

I’m not putting words in your mouth, I’m succinctly describing what you are saying.

1 Like

Since then is totally irrelevant.

I read somewhere where someone from the kid’s community who damaged the guy’s property will be in jail longer than the killer. That seems right.

Old school feudalism here folks, upper class person’s property is worth more than the life of the serf.

1 Like

No. You are not. You are trying your very very best to label me a racist.
You are trying to find something, anything, in what I have said, to put a label on me.
This is the problem with public discourse in Australia.
Say anything negative whatsoever about any minority group, particularly indigenous, and you are immediately labelled, usually as a racist. We are unable to have a conversation without using labels.
There is no intellectual rigour in our public discourse because if anyone says anything controversial they get labelled.
It would appear that the elites as they seem to be called, would much rather have a conversation in an echo chamber. They are not interested in debating the merits of a point of view.

You are trying to tell me what I am saying. I don’t need you to tell me what I am saying. I know what I am saying.

1 Like

You did say ‘one’ death and a whole lot of rioting. That is a pretty bias view on the kid’s life. Just like when you said if he hadn’t stole the bike then the man wouldn’t have killed him. Then said the community needs to deal with its issues as we all have issues but you choose to get over yours. Like that’s the issue.

If you can’t see a theme in all that it’s because you know no better and have never lived scared that the majority race might have the ability to kill you, get excused by people in that race as a justified killing and spend less time in jail than your family who rioted.

I’m prepared to put a label on Tony Abbott (and a lot of his mates) and call them c**ts.

Troglodyte c**ts.

Two points.

I haven’t labelled you anything.

If you know what you are saying then don’t be surprised when the ignorance of it gets called out.

Lol. You need to learn to read as well. It’s astonishing how people can read something that wasn’t said. Don’t they teach comprehension in schools anymore?

What is biased about one death and a whole lot of rioting? There was rioting when it occurred and again at the verdict.
I didn’t say if he hadn’t stolen the bike the man wouldn’t have killed him.
I said if the bike hadn’t been stolen the man wouldn’t have been there.
I didn’t say the community needs to deal with it’s issues.
I said there seems to be very few coming out from the indigenous community with ways to improve the lives of these kids across the board.
And I never mentioned myself getting over issues.
Not sure where you got that one from.

I never said you had labelled me. I said you were trying your very very best to label me.

You have just intimated that I am ignorant but have not provided any cogent argument to prove your point.

You are the one that labelled someone a redneck.

As I understand the 14 year old had not riding the bike owned by the guy who killed him.

Two major points are that someone of deliberately run over and the court was told the history of this 14 year old. WA is not the justice state! Especially if you are Indigenous!

1 Like

Sure thing.

You keep on truckin’ cobber.

Don’t worry I will.
Because you certainly don’t have anything of any import to add to the conversation.

Lol. You need to own what you write. Not write it and then look for loopholes in your writing when called out.

If the man hadn’t been there

Some of us

Weasel words