Politics

It is the local Bowling Club, and there is nothing that extravagant to drink.

Will there be bowls?

Always someone in the Ladies team practising, sure you would fit in.

Don’t forget the purple khakis!

I am a demon on the rink my friend.

Good to see CBS buying Channel 10.

I’m rapt in fact. If you’ve ever watched their morning show “CBS This Morning” with Charlie Rose et al or news broadcasts, or Face The Nation, or Late show with Colbert, … you’ll know we likely have an alternate voice to the other 2 decidedly right wing commercial broadcasters, … and have now avoided 10 becoming a virtual Fox News eqivalent with the Murdoch bid failiing, and Rhinehart also out of the picture.

Those barstards tried desperately to get their hands on it and create their own little propaganda channel,… they must be fkn bleeding.

I hope they are.

4 Likes

So 27 years ago the dual citizenship agenda was on the front page of the sunday paper in Sydney. The only victim was some dude from the nuclear disarmament party.

How many others back then were swept under the carpet…

1 Like

Good old Malcolm was terribly underwhelming on 7.30 tonight. Just talks and talks and talks, then talks some more before finishing off with some more talking. This government has done sweet f a, same as the last.

Simply cannot stand to listen to a word he says,. . just seems to dribble endless crap these days…as you say.

And the fkn hands going somewhere, … anywhere! … every bluddy second.

The hand thing has led me to think that the more they move, the more bullshitting is going on, … and has led to the coining of the phrase…“Handsplaining”,… as in “Boneless & his continual fkn handsplainin’ again!”

1 Like

There were a few other cases around that time but I suspect that there is greater potential for a breach of Section 44 with more and more countries accepting dual citizenship together with citizenship by descent being given primacy over place of birth, plus allowing for citizenship by descent through the maternal line.
What with all the changes in citizenship laws , it could be the luck of the draw in regard to when you were naturalised ( Cormann, when he took out Australian citizenship he automatically lost his Belgian citizenship) Or when you were born (Sudmalis born before 1983 to a British mother, when British law only recognised descent through the paternal line). Sudmalis is now eligible for British citizenship, but it is not automatic
There is a further problem relating to retrospective application of amendments to citizenship laws. This is being argued in the Canavan case.
It was all much simpler when we were mostly all British citizens and most of our migrants were from the ( White) British Empire with much the same legal systems.

Rules are rules though. They can’t just interpret the constitution as they please, even though they seem to be doing so by not standing down Joyce and co.

I incredibly difficult to believe that someone wouldn’t know they were a citizen of another country.

1 Like

Or, not have the good sense to check considering descent is nothing new.

1 Like
5 Likes

Fairly ironic that parliamentarians have to swear an oath of loyalty to QEII.

That is superb.

The oath of allegiance is to the Queen of Australia

Kylie?

1 Like

Dame Edna

1 Like

1 Like

So she’s a dual citizen?

It wasn’t about foreign powers when the constitution was written. That’s only those European types.